Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Interview Troika's Next: MMORPG

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Seven said:
He also like to rub him self down with oil so he stays silky smooth for when his dad gives him military advice.

Who, the good old rear-admiral? :wink:

I just had flashbacks of the Red Guy from Cow and Chicken. The pantless demon.

FrankHorrigan

Liturgist
Mr. Teatime said:
"Four pages of debate about Troika's future goodness!" was what I thought when I saw this thread in the forum... :(
Must have forgot you were on rpgcodex? It pretty clear who the asshole is.. but its all good fun at the end of the day.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Mr. Teatime said:
"Four pages of debate about Troika's future goodness!" was what I thought when I saw this thread in the forum... :(

Well, if you want to talk about the actual subject, I have two thoughts on it. Most likely, this is Tim saying something along the lines of saying he'd like to do Against the Giants, when I doubt he had any plans or desire to ever work with Atari and Wizards of the Coast ever again. Timmy likes to say things like those things publically, for some mysterious reason. I'd be willing to bet the MMO thing is along those lines.

However, if he's not just throwing out a red herring, it kind of hurts any future statement where they can't patch a game because they don't have the money to do so and the publisher isn't willing to foot the contractual payment for it. Making an MMORPG requires a lot of capital to make. If you can make an MMO, you can't use the excuse that you can't continue supporting games because you're a struggling developer.

Then again, most publishers don't allow unofficial patches these days, especially with products that draw from a licensed franchise. So, they'll have to be up front about that rather than saying, Hey, we're too broke to make a patch for that game. Check out our new MMO coming in 2006!

Eron

Novice
Well. Maybe it is indeed the players and not the game itself (neverwinter nights) that has allowed me some moments of great role play..

Is everyone an asshole here, or is that just a role play too?

Enough with the infighting already.. I don't really care, believe me. I just come here now and again to check out some stuff.. But every BB from here to timbuk2 has people just bitching back and forth.

Ahh well..

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Eron said:
Is everyone an asshole here, or is that just a role play too?

I think there's just a lot of pent up sexual tension between LlamaGod and Exitium.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom