Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

OBLIVION GERMAN VIDEO!!!

Twinfalls

Erudite
And there I was thinking 'Oh! Ich Kommen! Ich Kommen!' was some comment on fast travel

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
TESForum said:
well I'm not beliving it till pete says it (denile just like levitation and telekinis all over agian
What? Telekinesis is out, too?

EDIT: I finally downloaded the video. The graphics are OK, too bad the game paused for a bit to load the uber gfx when blasting some opponent. It was also a bit choppy in the forest and even idoors! They'd better optimize the code a bit...

So, the game's supposed to look really good. If so, than why the hell are NPC faces completely lifeless? Seriously, after Bloodlines I expect more.

The combat reminds me of car bumping arenas (sorry, don't know the proper English name for that :)) in amusement parks. You sit in one car, your opponent in the other... wheee...... THUD! now back a little... wheee....... THUD! I had lots of fun with it as a small child but I'm not sure if it belongs in a "RPG".

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Temoid said:
That german guy was extremely annoying with his talking about how oblivion is the best thing since his mothers cock and oh god freedom the npcs breathe and live in this wonderful world andARGH I just came!
Agreed. What a queer.

Elwro said:
What? Telekinesis is out, too?
No, the fanboys just wonder what it's supposed to be good for now that they found out they can't injure enemies with thrown objects.

The combat reminds me of car bumping arenas (sorry, don't know the proper English name for that :)) in amusement parks. You sit in one car, your opponent in the other... wheee...... THUD! now back a little... wheee....... THUD! I had lots of fun with it as a small child but I'm not sure if it belongs in a "RPG".
I think you're being to harsh, or maybe I am being too soft. Either way, I think I could easily accept that if the rest of the game was great. Which is doubtful.

Stella Brando

Arcane
3 things:

1. There's quite intense shadowing during one of the fight scenes, in a dungeon where the players summons Charizard (or was that a Charasaur?)

2. One of the titles states "Mein Kampf Beginnen" or something like that. What are those Krauts up to now?

3. Did I just hear a gay Elf ask to meet me behind the chapel at midnight?

Lumpy

Arcane
Weird. Everyone was complaining about Bethesda focusing on kewl graphicz. Now that the graphics aren't that good, you all turn into graphic-whores.
Who the heck cares about shadows anyway?

Section8

Cipher
Weird. Everyone was complaining about Bethesda focusing on kewl graphicz. Now that the graphics aren't that good, you all turn into graphic-whores.
Who the heck cares about shadows anyway?

Well, we've already resigned ourselves to not getting the stuff we want, and so now we're questioning the integrity of what was put in its stead.

Lumpy

Arcane
Well, there still are 200+ hours of gameplay, 150 quests, 6 factions + a main quest, quests that can be solved in different ways (hopefully), the ability to make your own class, a XP-free system, hundreds of books which improve the setting a lot (which proves that they aren't making Oblivion only for console kiddies, but also for people who want to get involved in that messy "reading"; sadly, they aren't voice acted).

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
stalin_brando said:
1. There's quite intense shadowing during one of the fight scenes, in a dungeon where the players summons Charizard (or was that a Charasaur?)
I don't know which battle you are talking about exactly, but I think it's a given that world geometry casts shadows. When there is talk about shadows in games, it refers to objects, especially dyanamic ones. It wouldn't be so much of an issue if Bethesda hadn't been pimping next-gen graphics, and lighting.

2. One of the titles states "Mein Kampf Beginnen" or something like that. What are those Krauts up to now?
Hey, are you kidding? :?
Those are LATIN letters, right? You don't need to understand German to read them. It says "May the battle begin."
But you already knew that, right?

3. Did I just hear a gay Elf ask to meet me behind the chapel at midnight?
Yup. Bethesda doesn't shy away from controversial themes.

John_Blazze

Augur
Lumpy said:
Well, there still are 200+ hours of gameplay, 150 quests, 6 factions + a main quest, quests that can be solved in different ways (hopefully), the ability to make your own class, a XP-free system, hundreds of books which improve the setting a lot (which proves that they aren't making Oblivion only for console kiddies, but also for people who want to get involved in that messy "reading"; sadly, they aren't voice acted).

you forgot about the horses... horses that you cant figt on, because it was too hard to implement by big ass company in only 4 years..... that said makes me think those 2 people that did it in Mount & Blade were super beings from outer space ...yeah that might be it..

Section8

Cipher

Of course the quality of those many hours of gameplay, many quests, etc. is variable. And what info do we have to go on? Passing mentions of single quests and a whole lot of "trust us, it will cool" from the guys who said the same about the graphical stuff that's being criticised.

And, even if it turns out to be an enjoyable game, I'm still going to be a little fucking drama queen and buy a second hand copy, because I really don't want to support a company with Bethesda's attitude. I'd send MSFD a royalty cheque though. :P

Lumpy

Arcane
Section8 said:

Of course the quality of those many hours of gameplay, many quests, etc. is variable. And what info do we have to go on? Passing mentions of single quests and a whole lot of "trust us, it will cool" from the guys who said the same about the graphical stuff that's being criticised.

And, even if it turns out to be an enjoyable game, I'm still going to be a little fucking drama queen and buy a second hand copy, because I really don't want to support a company with Bethesda's attitude. I'd send MSFD a royalty cheque though. :P
Obviously. But there are less quests, factions and gameplay hours in Oblivion, so either:

a. The design team spent 3 1/2 years of development on a holiday in Hawaii, or at the Maryland University.
b. They spent more time on each quest/faction, which means that either:

a. They spent most of the time on the Codex, working 2 or 3 hours a day.
b. They are better.

I'd bet it's b&b myself.

Twinfalls

Erudite
That is speculation, Lumpy. Deductive, but still speculation.

We haven't seen any evidence that the quests are 'better'. So far, what quests have been revealed are:

1. 'Attack on Kvatch' - you are told Kvatch is being attacked; you go there to fight.

2. 'Finding your Roots' - you are told to find out what properties some root you obtain has got; you are told what alchemist to visit to find out.

Both of these look dumb as shit.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Oh that's right. And 'My dinner with Andre the Assassin' (or is that 'the Discreet Charm of the Murdering Bourgeoisie'...)

obediah

Erudite
Twinfalls said:
2. 'Finding your Roots' - you are told to find out what properties some root you obtain has got; you are told what alchemist to visit to find out.

Both of these look dumb as shit.

Damn that is dumb as shit. I had thought it was 'Finding your Root', and was a mini game using the rumble pack to stimulate the joy of discovering your body as a young boy.

I'm also hoping for a quest where you have to use the two thumbsticks to control your eyes when prompted to show wonder woman 'that thing you can do with your eyes' by Mr. stewart.

I still don't understand their near pathological reticence to "spoil" some of the more involved quests for us. I mean even if they spilled everything on 10-20 quests, there'd still, according to their claims, be 180 of them left unspoiled, waiting to be found in-game.

Levski: Your beer fools you not, but not everyone who stumbles on the Codex from the ESF is here to blindly play devil's advocate (or mental institution ward) to Bethesda's design decisions. I know I'm here because I welcome the change in tone and general ability to communicate properly (despite the tentacle hentai). Some things I read in the ESF just depress the hell out of me, and I had hopes for this game when I started reading about it in August...before the "cuts" were announced. Sadly, I'm on the fence now, and there don't seem to be a lot of good non-action RPGs on the horizon to slate the thirst. I miss my Ultima.

Section8

Cipher
I still don't understand their near pathological reticence to "spoil" some of the more involved quests for us. I mean even if they spilled everything on 10-20 quests, there'd still, according to their claims, be 180 of them left unspoiled, waiting to be found in-game.

Well, pre-Morrowind, we got "Fargoth's Gold" as an example of a "typical" quest, and it didn't really turn out to be that way. That alone is cause to be skeptical, ignoring all the other times they've been caught in bold faced lies with regard to Oblivion.

Twinfalls

Erudite
obediah said:
I'm also hoping for a quest where you have to use the two thumbsticks to control your eyes when prompted to show wonder woman 'that thing you can do with your eyes' by Mr. stewart.

:lol: You've been on fire lately, Obediah

Tintin

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
1. 'Attack on Kvatch' - you are told Kvatch is being attacked; you go there to fight.

You are told Kvatch is under attack and you go there and find a battle already underway and you have to join with the already present forces to suppress whatever enemy there is.

When was the last time you got something like that out of Morrowind's quests?

:roll:

Data4

Arcane
Tintin said:
Twinfalls said:

You are told Kvatch is under attack and you go there and find a battle already underway and you have to join with the already present forces to suppress whatever enemy there is.

Neat. Can you tell the already present forces to bugger off and go loot houses?

-D4

Nog Robbin

Scholar
Tintin said:
Twinfalls said:

Well, I seem to recall going to a particular island in MW and finding some "witch hunters" battling with some Daedra worshippers - and you could join in. Of course, being a bit flat, you could only really side with the witch hunters, as aiding the others would still end up with them attacking you as well. But - there you go. A battle underway (when you arrive), and you can join in. Thrilling.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom