Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Am I the only one getting slowdowns?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maxie

I'm completely incapable of fixing slowdowns because I don't have user rights to do so. There's somebody else doing it on the server level.

(You'd probably hate the way I run things even more.)

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
I'll just post your daily reminder that we already know what causes this and staff won't fix it, since backups are necessary.

You'd best get used to slowdowns because you're going to be having them for the foreseeable future.

Cohesion

Liturgist
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I'll just post your daily reminder that we already know what causes this and staff won't fix it, since backups are necessary.

You'd best get used to slowdowns because you're going to be having them for the foreseeable future.
Backups are usually done on some kind of a daily schedule at fixed time.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.

Backups are needed multiple times per day? At random days?

You are a retarded hohol dicksucker, fuck off

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Those were likely backups so that can't be helped, the database gets locked when it's being dumped so there will be a few minutes while you won't be able to access the site or forums while the backup is in progress.
Here you go, BosanskiSeljak. No go back to sucking off Russians or whatever it is you do.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think you were shilling for that janky Russian game I criticized, so that's probably why you're butthurt.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Yeah, this doesn't seem like the normal db backup. This has been going on for a while.

Hobknobling

Learned
Has this forum software solved the issues with really long threads? Almost every single other forum I visit caps the threads to 500 pages and forces the users to start new ones or else the PHP backend starts to have meltdowns.

None

Scholar
SDG's retardation and alcoholism have finally granted him occult powers and he is performing flesh sacrifices in an attempt to bring the site down.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
The current slow loading of pages is unrelated to the backups, the server provider had some issues across their DC today and I expect that they haven't fixed them properly, I'm looking into it.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Here you go, @BosanskiSeljak. No go back to sucking off Russians or whatever it is you do.

Actually, now that I think about it, I think you were shilling for that janky Russian game I criticized, so that's probably why you're butthurt.

The current slow loading of pages is unrelated to the backups, the server provider had some issues across their DC today and I expect that they haven't fixed them properly, I'm looking into it.
Good job. Holy fuck you're retarded. That's what happens to your brain when you make 1000+ in Larian threads.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom