Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Yet Another Morrowind Thread

Fargus

Arcane
This looks like one of the TR heads.

Used to have mackoms heads when i was graphic-whoring in mid 2010s. Argonian heads were never finished.

Fargus

Arcane
Familiar faces is quality shit. What it does is fixing the mongoloid head shape and psycho facial expressions while staying true to the original design. It also makes hair look less like it's just dirt smeared on character's head.

50093-1678239504-1624135297.png

Last edited:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Familiar faces is quality shit. What it does is fixing the mongoloid head shape and psycho facial expressions while staying true to the original design. It also makes hair look less like it's just dirt smeared on character's head.

50093-1678239504-1624135297.png

For faces I prefer Facelift (https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/47617) just because it's a bit more true to vanilla but Familiar Faces are awesome as well

In fact what you should do is use caleb's mod as base and then add this one higher in the priority list. So that way you get the head meshes and hairstyle fixes of caleb's mod, but with face textures of Facelift

In fact... MET/IT > FF > Facelift > Vanilla-flavoured Hair (in that order)

MET vs IT: to me, MET feels a bit more vanilla-style, IT has a bit of a painterly feel

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
btw if anyone wants to emulate OpenMW's volumetric fog (and lighting) in vanilla engine with MWSE, try Vapourmist + Distant Lights

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Yeah I know DarkElfGuy... his channel is highly useful to see a particular mod in action

Here he covered a mod I did with Caeris (timestamped):

Socrates

Bonfire Kindler
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Oh shit, I didn't know you were doing mods yourself. Have you made any others or just roleplay options?

:greatjob:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Oh shit, I didn't know you were doing mods yourself. Have you made any others or just roleplay options?

Morag Tong Polished and After the Blight (with Caeris)

MWSE mod i mentioned before in this thread. Impact Sounds.
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/52747

This is an amazing mod, yes. I cant believe we didn't have that sooner

This guy is a good Russian modder, I actually use other mods of his as well...

PvP - improves AI, enemies fight almost like real players
Nwah Shooter - adds realistic gravity for arrows, shaking hands when pulling the string, arrows stay in objects and ground.
Bombadier - actually adds primitive physics to spells, which is crazy

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Also cooking system in Ashfall mod, reminds me of Arx Fatalis

I don't like Ashfall or Merlord's mods in general, he is the master of feature bloat... not my thing but respect

however your vid reminded me of animated kwama eggs mod:

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Well like someone said, OpenMW is still behind of MWSE in terms of functionality... MSWE allows for some intricate gameplay mods.

OpenMW just easier to setup and gets you nice graphics with less hustle

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom