Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - procedurally generated kingdom management game with ASCII graphics

• Thread starter Robert Jarzebina
  • Start date
Developer
STCqDUbG1p2O4YA9QkYC--1--1KSYN.jpg

Developer
After putting a bunch of Warsim's procedurally generated races in an AI art generator, Hairless Wizards are definitely the most cursed. The weird and distorted writing looks like a spell being chanted in an impossible accent

Developer
Hello everyone,

It's been too long since Warsim has had an update, and that as usual makes me feel a bit uncomfortable. The reason for the wait is a good one though, this adventurers update has ballooned into one of the biggest Warsim updates ever with over 7 billion new Warsim adventurer quests added, a total overhaul of Adventurers with much deeper effects in the world, new and revised systems for contacting them and conducting diplomacy and tons more!

It's nearing the final stages now as all I have to do is finish my testing, getting the saving and loading of the adventurer files to work better, and then it should be good to go.

I have two main concerns on the road to this updates release.

During a playtest where I spawned 10x the number of groups than the game default provides, I ran 300 years of adventuring and near the end, for no clear reason, there was a lone crash. I went back and tried to replicate it with no success, and I honestly have no clue what could have caused it.

I'm honestly sad it was so rare because the cause of it could be literally anything. There is nothing worse than a crash bug and those are the ones I focus on most.

The other concern is that the update has so many new features and parts that mentioning them in one changelog might be too big to post on as most places have a character limit and I have had this issue before with a previously gargantuan update, I suppose that's a good problem to have unlike the former!

Regardless, thank you for reading and following along, Warsim work is still plowing on even if you aren't seeing any updates!

Cheers and all the best

Huw

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
During a playtest where I spawned 10x the number of groups than the game default provides, I ran 300 years of adventuring and near the end, for no clear reason, there was a lone crash. I went back and tried to replicate it with no success, and I honestly have no clue what could have caused it.
What did the trace say? OOM, NPE, or some logic exception?

Developer
Unfortunately there was nothing, I didn't expect a crash in that moment and skipped past the final message before the window closed but I am currently running tests and debugging to see what I can find. Thanks though mate appreciate you checking in :)

Thanks for all the work wastelander, the game is 100% worth the money.
Thank you so much, really appreciate that :) <3

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Unfortunately there was nothing, I didn't expect a crash in that moment and skipped past the final message before the window closed but I am currently running tests and debugging to see what I can find. Thanks though mate appreciate you checking in :)

Add a top-level error handler that serializes the exception to a file in the saves folder, it'll help error reports from the users too!

Developer

Add a top-level error handler that serializes the exception to a file in the saves folder, it'll help error reports from the users too!
Thanks mate, noted :)

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Wait its not considered out yet? Wew.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom