Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Management / Sim Warsim: The Realm of Aslona - procedurally generated kingdom management game with ASCII graphics

• Thread starter Robert Jarzebina
  • Start date
Developer
Hey mate,

Off the top of my head I can't recall when this economics stuff came up but the economics of the game hasn't had a major overhaul in a while.

New features and large changes to old features did happen every so often in updates while others were predominantly content filled.

As for the proc gen, it's a weird one because even some of the world locations are semi random, certain characters of import within the exploration are also proc gen like the leader of the Blackmarket.

But otherwise the proc gen is mostly in the races/flags/bandits/mercs/rival kingdoms/etc

Developer
Haha, it was helpful to read but I won't be nerfing or messing with anything now.

Hell, the only reason demons were so fucky to fight was a bug, but I decided to keep it in as after I nerfed it the demons seemed way shitter and weaker in comparison.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
How would you go about uplifting savages? And would it be restricted to savages with a non hostile relation to you?

Send missionaries first. Sure, a lot of them might get disemboweled and eaten, but this is a war of attrition we're fighting here. Once they warm up to that you send in the merchants and traders. Once the carpetbaggers have had their way you send the migrants and before you know it. BOOM! Cultural victory!

Norfleet

Send missionaries first. Sure, a lot of them might get disemboweled and eaten, but this is a war of attrition we're fighting here. Once they warm up to that you send in the merchants and traders. Once the carpetbaggers have had their way you send the migrants and before you know it. BOOM! Cultural victory!
Nah, you start with the traders first. Once they get used to talking with you, you can then feed them your religion, which they will start accepting as a means of greasing the wheels of trade. This is how Islam got into Africa.

Developer
Warsim's Necromancer update is out, finally allowing players to become a necromancer and raise and use their own undead horde. Gain units made up of any dead in battles the player is part of... And my favourite part, resurrecting their fallen heroes in battle and in the Arena

There's also a new end of year system for changing to a new year with events that can shape the game for that year in sometimes fairly drastic ways!

See full changelog and screenshots on steam here - https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/659540/view/3725085394637654479

Developer
Yup cheers for mentioning mate!

Warsim is currently 40% off ($5.99) on steam to celebrate the Lands Beyond update!

If you've been following for a while and on the fence now's as good a time as any to have a look. Or if you know any friends who are looking for some new games and can handle crusty ascii graphics lmao

Steam link here - https://store.steampowered.com/app/659540/Warsim_The_Realm_of_Aslona/?beta=0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom