Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Unknown Realm: The Siege Perilous - an 8-bit RPG for PC and Commodore 64

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Kr6HvKY.png

Bruce uses DEFLECT!

It's not very effective.
Antagonizing the guy who founded Big Box PC Game Collectors group on FB, and would be a valuable resource for marketing and word-of-mouth, is pretty lacking in judgment...

Eli_Havelock

Learned
A good summation of it.

Now one curious thing I just noticed is that they clearly delineate their PC 8-bit engine, Anvil, from Unknown Realm itself:
Our custom built game engine is currently in an alpha state as is our enhanced retro PC platform that will be used to run the game on modern systems.

Followed by:

The game itself is currently in a pre-alpha state and nearing feature completion. The game world and locations are already designed, although names and such are subject to change. The bulk of the remaining development time on the game side will be spent finishing game levels, puzzles, NPC dialog, and the normal play-testing and bug fixing.
At this stage, the game itself is already in pre-alpha and most of the major technology hurdles have already been cleared.

The thing is, we haven't heard a single word about "Anvil" since the KS campaign ended. And it doesn't even come up on their rare Twitter/X posts.

It honestly sounds like they thought they could market and sell the engine over the actual game.

The funny thing is if these clowns were real their game would still be the LEAST thing they're known for, as they'd be able to market that engine/cartridge for other developers to use. But no, for the foreseeable future it is supposed PC development and then porting to C64. I wonder when SDG decided to go completely 100% back-assward to their entire reason for taking money in the first place.

Cohesion

Scholar
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
A good summation of it.

Now one curious thing I just noticed is that they clearly delineate their PC 8-bit engine, Anvil, from Unknown Realm itself:
Our custom built game engine is currently in an alpha state as is our enhanced retro PC platform that will be used to run the game on modern systems.

Followed by:

The game itself is currently in a pre-alpha state and nearing feature completion. The game world and locations are already designed, although names and such are subject to change. The bulk of the remaining development time on the game side will be spent finishing game levels, puzzles, NPC dialog, and the normal play-testing and bug fixing.
At this stage, the game itself is already in pre-alpha and most of the major technology hurdles have already been cleared.

The thing is, we haven't heard a single word about "Anvil" since the KS campaign ended. And it doesn't even come up on their rare Twitter/X posts.

It honestly sounds like they thought they could market and sell the engine over the actual game.

The funny thing is if these clowns were real their game would still be the LEAST thing they're known for, as they'd be able to market that engine/cartridge for other developers to use. But no, for the foreseeable future it is supposed PC development and then porting to C64. I wonder when SDG decided to go completely 100% back-assward to their entire reason for taking money in the first place.
Simple. He is a grifter, not programmer.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
tIDVocE.png

"Since you fell for our scam you have no authority to call it a scam!" :lol:

Joel's reply, confirming what everyone already knew about SDG:

9p3emJt.png

Time to dev meltdown but not time to post updates:

nALtjlD.png

Last edited:

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Well Joel certainly took the gloves off on that one!

That will probably be the end of that thread. Past behavior shows that when challenged, Bruce just goes quiet and refuses to answer on that thread. But makes a point of posting on a positive comment that comes later to show he's still there, he's just ignoring you.

Well I was wrong!

Last edited:

adamantyr

Arcane
Developer
Ah and there is the fundamental disconnect at play...

In SDG's mind, somehow miraculously releasing the product WITHOUT WARNING will somehow make everyone forgive them. Oh, and also turn on every other current/former backer who they consider traitors and haters.

The eye roll emoji is, alas, not enough. One needs one that rolls the eyes back so far they rocket into outer-space.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
50% at 8 years? Well, maybe 100% in 8 more years but likely things slow up so it'd be uh 80%. A solid 12+ years for completion but another 4+ on top of that for polish. (Digital only if that is a thing). I don't recall the tiers but PC physical would be another 4 years after that. C64 might be yet another 4-6 years after that even.

.... and for what? LOL.

Viata

Arcane
Decided to learn how to make games on C64 (it's because I'm also making some games on NES and "same" CPU, so). I wonder if I'll get to release my shitty game before this one is released.

Last edited:

Ladonna

Arcane
Decided to learn how to make games on C64 (it's because I'm also making some games on NES and "same" CPU, so). I wonder if I'll get to release my shitty game before this one is released.

Another developer inspired by SDG? Bruce is proud

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Unknown Realm's shadow drop is a black hole.

Edit: If this -DID- drop I'd wait for some other asshole to jump on that grenade first in case it detonates some kind of malware for how malfeasant these two have been on social media, and especially for how they have treated their backers for now going on four years plus of Fuck You in the form of no real KS update.

LQqXVZH.gif

Last edited:

TheKing01

Literate
126k pissed away, and the people responsible won't be reprimanded in any sort of way outside of social ire.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom