Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Phantom Fury - road movie-inspired full 3D sequel to Ion Fury

Fargus

Arcane
It's from the devs that made Agony. I looked a bit and the game is :prosper: fuel. Very edgy obviously.

The protag, a succubus, sounds like Imalia from Bloodlines. Looks even worse no matter how you customize her lol. Just check the user screenshots on steam. Apparently you can make camwhore selfies in this game :lol:

6C620E87F7BB2DA5767DAE42A6EC43995B41CAB7

Ash

Arcane
Well, I noticed all/most that, but one of the crowning aspects of Doom was its gameplay. So it was a big claim and I had to check out some footage. As said, highly fucking skeptical, in addition to it being the Agony devs, the combat looking OK at best but it's hard to judge from a short clip, and even in the official footage on steam the protagonist is repeating the same voice lines in combat almost immediately one after the other, and level design not looking like level design but typical modern game set dressing....no conclusions drawn because it was just one short clip, but again, HIGHLY fucking skeptical. I shouldn't give out monocles so easily, not after reading one post. Sorry guys. Was just happy to see someone here that seemed to know their shit. We could always use more of those.

Last edited:

randir14

Augur
It's not made by the Agony devs, it's made by Slipgate Ironworks which is 3D Realms' in-house developer.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
This succubus game is as good as Doom? My skepticism is through the roof right now. Explain yourself?
mRNcAnv.jpg

I said it got the same energy as Doom had compared to the rest of the gaming scene composed of fatass HR hoes' design work. The reason Bombshell ain't no bombshell and why blood and gore is shit most of the time. Could say the same thing about FAKK2 and your illiterate ass would go on about how it doesn't play like Doom. Nigga, I said what it plays like.
Dark Messiah by Arkane

orcinator

Liturgist
Early 2000s shooters sucked and were inferior to 90s shooters, and this looks like the former in terms of gameplay design. Not excited, but we'll see.
A lot of that was caused by technological limitations that made devs sacrifice large levels and hordes of enemies for shiny graphics, and that lead to bullet sponge enemies plus endless gimmicks meant to break up the monotony.
If the devs can avoid the cargo cult mindset the game can turn out okay.
But then again it's cursed beyond belief so who knows if we'll end up with anything.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

You heard a teaser in the trailer, now experience the first, full track in our PHANTOM FURY visualizer.

"Motherflakker"

The perfect sound for a road trip, be it to your family's Thanksgiving dinner, or to save mankind's future.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

The next addition to our Phantom Fury OST series: "Breathe Deep" by Alex Kmiec.

The perfect sound for a road trip, be it to visit that old friend from college, or to save mankind's future.

geno

Savant
There is something really weird about the texturework. All these pixels look so out of place. I blame the engine becuase Wrath doesn't have higer resolution textures but it's visually much more coherent and pleasant, which is ironic considering it's a work of hobbyists while PF is a team of professional devs.

soulburner

Cipher
There is something really weird about the texturework. All these pixels look so out of place. I blame the engine becuase Wrath doesn't have higer resolution textures but it's visually much more coherent and pleasant, which is ironic considering it's a work of hobbyists while PF is a team of professional devs.
It's the unfiltered pixelated textures/sprites. We are not used to seeing such high fidelity antialiased graphics without bilinear/trilinear/bicubic filtering. Wrath looks good because it emulates Quake, which to this day is most commonly played with unfiltered textures because the game was originally designed with pixels in mind. Everything starting from Quake 2 was made with Voodoo in mind. This is why there is something "off" with how Phantom Fury looks - there was never a moment in history of gaming with the kind of graphics this game attempts to emulate.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

You heard a teaser in the trailer, now experience the first, full track in our PHANTOM FURY visualizer.

"Motherflakker"

The perfect sound for a road trip, be it to your family's Thanksgiving dinner, or to save mankind's future.

Lmao the try hard bad ass wombyn thumbnail is this supposed to be the same anemic boring character from Ion Fury?

I just have to shake my head at this relentless cuckery. If they had access to the Sin brand why not make us play as Blade.

Ho and the sound track does nothing for me. I listened to it and forgot what i just heard a few moments later.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Aleks Kmiec (@alekstigereyes) is back with another slice of the Phantom Fury OST.

"Wild Frontier"

The perfect sound for a road trip to save mankind's future.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom