Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Oh No!!! 10 More years of D&D at Atari...

Norfleet

bryce777 said:
My wife is probably a millionaire now, but once the divorce is done I am pretty sure I will not be even in the totally bs 'million dollars in equity' kind of way. As it stands I am paying minimum payments on my cc bills and had to go back to work....
Heheheh. Well, I hope you LEARNED something from this. And people wonder why I choose to remain single. Me, I keep my mine squarely squirrelled away and the only way anyone's getting at them is by prying them from my cold, dead hands!

Of course, I don't really know all that much about how the software industry works, other than that it doesn't. The exact flavor of dysfunctionality is somewhat irrelevant to me.

Some advice: You'd have hung onto your millions better if you spend most of your time ignoring that it exists and doing without it. That entire credit card habit is a really bad habit.

bryce777 said:
There is a notorious troll from a bunch of message boards who would constantly brag about his benzos and being married to a german model who is really hot, and various more or less unbelievable crap.
Well, I wouldn't be surprised if said wife ends up leaving with his benzos eventually. It sounds like the kind of thing that won't last. As I've always learned, if it sounds too good to be true, toss a grenade in first just to be safe.

Anyway, I met this guy eventually by sheer chance, and he picked up a tab for about 1600 bucks at his friend's restaurant and his wife was simply stunning and I am pretty sure he could bench press all that weight.
As I have certainly encountered numerous times in my career, truth is totally stranger and completely less believable than fiction. Fiction, you see, has this minor problem of requiring plausibility, consistency, and reason, so as to meet the entire suspension-of-disbelief thing that a good story needs. Truth is under no such limitations!

bryce777

Erudite
Norfleet said:
Anyway, I met this guy eventually by sheer chance, and he picked up a tab for about 1600 bucks at his friend's restaurant and his wife was simply stunning and I am pretty sure he could bench press all that weight.
As I have certainly encountered numerous times in my career, truth is totally stranger and completely less believable than fiction. Fiction, you see, has this minor problem of requiring plausibility, consistency, and reason, so as to meet the entire suspension-of-disbelief thing that a good story needs. Truth is under no such limitations!

Ha! That is a good point.

If anything I should have spent all the money while I could, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom