Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Moron Alert! CDProject redefines RPGs

Twinfalls

Erudite
yeah well no one gets your fifty bux but the toothy special lady-friend in the trailer down yr way, whom you pretend is kind of young like your mother looks like in those photos you keep close at night, we all know that.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Twinfalls said:
All I'm saying is that where they at least look to all intents as being genuine indies, we should, in the interests of solidarity cut them a bit more slack than the proven cunts.

Maybe?
Maybe they should stop with the bullshit and talk like normal people? What starts with lies, bullshit, and dumb arrogance (the worst kind, really), rarely ends well. Let the strength of the product carry them, not all that crap they've been posting.

Maybe?

Twinfalls

Erudite
It's true that bullshit PR should be called out no matter what.

There's a tension there for me, though - so desperate and dire is the situation that I'm inclined to want to give some leeway to entry-level players who are genuine outsiders. 'Re-inventing the genre' does suck almighty, I do agree.

I guess we'll see soon enough.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Zomg said:
The Pixies and whatever are all the same fucking band compared to the panopoly of music

That's really not true. Those are just examples. It's a mindset, an intent. To create art, not commerce.

(Where's the indie music culture on orchestras, choral groups, shit with twenty copper lutes?

Well, you tell us...

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
Zomg said:
Where's the indie music culture on orchestras, choral groups, shit with twenty copper lutes?
You mean, like, symphonic black metal? Or like Larval, Secret Chiefs 3, Rachel's, or Esmerine (I suppose the last two bands are the only ones seriously inot that kind of thing rather than just dabbling a bit). Polyphonic Spree has achieved a certian level of fame, so you might not count them as indy, but they they don't strike me as mainstream either.

Zomg

Arbiter
Twinfalls said:
That's really not true. Those are just examples. It's a mindset, an intent. To create art, not commerce.

I find myself distrusting what others want to call art. It interests me that many people who would not dream of such a thing as objective morality or truth are happy to cram an objective aesthetic down your throat.

I just want a lot of choices, lots of niche service, and I want a lot of different people who make creative work to be able to make a living. So in that way indies are a means to an end, not a calling in and of themselves. But what "indie culture", the self-aggrandizing fan penumbra around independent "content" (music, film) development, does is market independent work as a counter-mainstream identity and I just don't give a shit about that.

About the orchestra/choral/whatever stuff: I have no idea, I don't listen to music. Do indie music magazines give gay choirs that publish their own CDs page space? How does the wordcount compare to college rock and indie hiphop that are barely distinguishable from corporate approved pap?

Twinfalls

Erudite
Zomg said:
How does the wordcount compare to college rock and indie hiphop that are barely distinguishable from corporate approved pap?

I agree that most of what's now college rock and indie hiphop is indeed corporate approved pap, or very near as much. But "The Pixies or whatever" (where 'whatever' includes the other bands I mentioned) are most certainly not.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom