Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline How the Codex stopped being a site for the free discussion of RPGs

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
wait Taluntain's running the Watch ??
I've taken over the Watch a year ago when Myrthos stepped down, to prevent it from closing down.
tl;dr
cover1-1024x576.jpg
Not really, I've been running the Watch out of my own pocket for a year. But obviously that's not sustainable in the long term.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I've taken over the Watch a year ago when Myrthos stepped down, to prevent it from closing down.
tl;dr
cover1-1024x576.jpg
Not really, I've been running the Watch out of my own pocket for a year. But obviously that's not sustainable in the long term.
For what i seen i am very well impressed shocking to see people actually talking about games thank you for letting me in!

Nelka

Educated
tl;dr
cover1-1024x576.jpg
I can buy that site for 20 dollars if you are interested, will redirect to https://rpghq.org/forums/ +M

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It is reversed reset era at this point. No more a gaming site but an activist site for social justice warriors in denial. I think i will try to join rpg watch if what talunian said is true sounds like the perfect place to be.
don't let the door hit you in your tucked in balls
I am sorry this hurts you so much. Your problem tho not mine :)

don't let the door hit you in your tucked in balls
nah, i'll be like an abscessed tooth thanks; your mom likes em tucked - it reminds her of your dad.
newfag, wasn't talking to you - lurk some more, you still have wet cum behind your ears
Why you are so upset?
dude, what are you even blubbering about? it was just a convenient opportunity for a good burn, nothing more, don't be so obsessed

anyway, what are you still doing here? don't let us keep you from the rpgwatch

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Eventually, it would have just turned into a ghost town like RPGWatch.
The Watch isn't a ghost town, it's got an active forum community, albeit a much smaller one than the Codex. But that's understandable as it attracts a different audience. Politics, religion, conspiracy theories etc. which form the majority of the Codex discussion today are hardly discussed on the Watch. We don't have hundreds of drama threads spanning dozens of pages either. The overwhelming majority of active discussions are about gaming news and actual gameplay (how quaint, I know). So anyone actually wanting to discuss games will find a lot to like on the Watch. But anyone who comes in for everything but the games, I'm sure will be disappointed by how small a part of the Watch community cares about those discussions.
This sounds a lot incline to me.
Then maybe you should go there and not come back.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

The Watch isn't a ghost town, it's got an active forum community, albeit a much smaller one than the Codex. But that's understandable as it attracts a different audience. Politics, religion, conspiracy theories etc. which form the majority of the Codex discussion today are hardly discussed on the Watch. We don't have hundreds of drama threads spanning dozens of pages either. The overwhelming majority of active discussions are about gaming news and actual gameplay (how quaint, I know). So anyone actually wanting to discuss games will find a lot to like on the Watch. But anyone who comes in for everything but the games, I'm sure will be disappointed by how small a part of the Watch community cares about those discussions.
This sounds a lot incline to me.
Then maybe you should go there and not come back.
Or maybe i can post about games right there and come here to silently stare as delusional sjw in denial rant like raving lunatics to laught over it.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Or maybe i can post about games right there and come here to silently stare as delusional sjw in denial rant like raving lunatics to laught over it.
You? Be silent? :lol:
I dont know who keeps quoting me?
But is ok i just put oder in my priorities. I genuinely believed the codex to be a fantastic place to talk about gaming but realized i was in the wrong.
Since the forum turned to be this way and the staff wants it i will do what is natural to do.

Talk about games in the watch and be in the codex just how an audience stare to a circus.

After all when you take a box of chocolate you enjoy the taste of chocolate but the box goes to the trash.

So i will enjoy my permanence there and i will stay here soley for the trash factor.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
RPGWatch focuses on discussing RPGs, yes, but you forgot to mention that only mainstream RPGs. Good luck finding there anyone who even played Prelude to Darkness, The Void, Precursors or Pathologic. I was talking to air there. Sure, I could discuss Baldur's Gate 3 there, but while I play mainstream games I rarely find them interesting enough to make me inspired to discuss or keep the interest for long.

Imagine if I managed to convince Prelude to Darkness developers to release source code of their game and posted it on 'watch instead of 'dex. There would be no posts in that topic and nobody would actually take time and put their skills to use for the community and create a fixed version of the game that doesn't crash, like asfasdf and Tramboi did. On watch it would be a waste of time, effort and goodwill of developers.

So, no, general and political discussions aside, 'watch is still vastly inferior to 'dex.

Reinhardt

Arcane
RPGWatch focuses on discussing RPGs, yes, but you forgot to mention that only mainstream RPGs. Good luck finding there anyone who even played Prelude to Darkness, The Void, Precursors or Pathologic.
good luck trying to find anyone here. just look at first page and page count in threads in general rpg subforum.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom