Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline How the Codex stopped being a site for the free discussion of RPGs

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Please cite a single example of me abusing anything.
Your dick.

DAB9CA3EFB3F333A79800F33DA25E1A1D95F9802

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Besides, SJWs Chasing away wouldn't be necessary if the RPG codex wasn't a last refuge of free speech gaming forum. Once this forum gets taken over by these freaks there won't be anything like that[beside rusty forum of course].
Nonsense. There will always be rpghq.org

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
So Rusty is gone because he made a Codex clone? :lol: I just checked and it's pretty much the exact same categories and all. And he's the OP of half of the threads. :lol: I don't even know wtf is going on I'm just laughing my ass off at all this.
I'm not sure why he started RPGHQ in the first place, but for a while he was posting both here and there. Then, he tried to get smart with DarkUnderlord and promptly got banned for a couple of weeks. He's so butthurt about this that he doesn't post here anymore except in rare cases. From my point of view that's a big win for everyone.

Modron

Arcane
He started RPGHQ because the enforcement of rules was one sided for years and years; the staff only used them to strike down the people they didn't like while turning a blind eye to their favorite's actions.

darkpatriot

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Has anyone clipped out whatever interesting bits of the OP?

I understand that Chonkem is playing anime, which is nice to hear, but otherwise I don't see the point and I have a headache, so I don't wanna read it.

It is that Infinitron began splitting off gamergate/culture war related conversations from the game threads to GD/Politics. That is it.

The chat log isn't really an expose and doesn't contain new information though, as we already knew that. It was discussed at the time it became the moderation policy.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
VD's tenure was about the worst thing this site went through.
It was fine until he started to go nuts with the idea that we needed to censor in order to keep developers coming to visit this prestigious magazine.

DU had the right instincts there. The pendulum would have just kept swinging left, and bigger sites still would have eaten the traffic. Devs would have left anyway. Eventually, it would have just turned into a ghost town like RPGWatch.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
first codex stopped being site for playing table top rpgs
now it stopped being a place to discuss rpgs in general
whats next?

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Eventually, it would have just turned into a ghost town like RPGWatch.
The Watch isn't a ghost town, it's got an active forum community, albeit a much smaller one than the Codex. But that's understandable as it attracts a different audience. Politics, religion, conspiracy theories etc. which form the majority of the Codex discussion today are hardly discussed on the Watch. We don't have hundreds of drama threads spanning dozens of pages either. The overwhelming majority of active discussions are about gaming news and actual gameplay (how quaint, I know). So anyone actually wanting to discuss games will find a lot to like on the Watch. But anyone who comes in for everything but the games, I'm sure will be disappointed by how small a part of the Watch community cares about those discussions.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Eventually, it would have just turned into a ghost town like RPGWatch.
The Watch isn't a ghost town, it's got an active forum community, albeit a much smaller one than the Codex. But that's understandable as it attracts a different audience. Politics, religion, conspiracy theories etc. which form the majority of the Codex discussion today are hardly discussed on the Watch. We don't have hundreds of drama threads spanning dozens of pages either. The overwhelming majority of active discussions are about gaming news and actual gameplay (how quaint, I know). So anyone actually wanting to discuss games will find a lot to like on the Watch. But anyone who comes in for everything but the games, I'm sure will be disappointed by how small a part of the Watch community cares about those discussions.
This sounds a lot incline to me.

vitellus

the irascible
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
"hey codex, how's game X play? is the story good? combat mechanics something worth spending time with?"

there will be like, two answers, one set arguing whether the game's raison d'etre is incline or decline; the other overwhelming set will be telling the rest that the game sucks because they're offended the pc can choose a pronoun or something along those lines regardless of quality of the game itself. idgaf about that, i just want to know whether this game i'm about to spend five bucks on is gonna be worthy of mine ten minutes. but it's the internet, and this place is popular, edgelords and idiots, hand in hand circle-jerking ad nauseum. i'll show myself out lol.

cant-we-all-just-try-having-some-fun-together-timmy-burch.gif

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

"hey codex, how's game X play? is the story good? combat mechanics something worth spending time with?"

there will be like, two answers, one set arguing whether the game's raison d'etre is incline or decline; the other overwhelming set will be telling the rest that the game sucks because they're offended the pc can choose a pronoun or something along those lines regardless of quality of the game itself. idgaf about that, i just want to know whether this game i'm about to spend five bucks on is gonna be worthy of mine ten minutes. but it's the internet, and this place is popular, edgelords and idiots, hand in hand circle-jerking ad nauseum. i'll show myself out lol.

It is reversed reset era at this point. No more a gaming site but an activist site for social justice warriors in denial. I think i will try to join rpg watch if what talunian said is true sounds like the perfect place to be.

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It is reversed reset era at this point. No more a gaming site but an activist site for social justice warriors in denial. I think i will try to join rpg watch if what talunian said is true sounds like the perfect place to be.
don't let the door hit you in your tucked in balls

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

don't let the door hit you in your tucked in balls
I am sorry this hurts you so much. Your problem tho not mine :)

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Man, it's been a long time since the good old days when we sent Flying Dick Squadrons to our rival sites and used to redirect our undesirables to RPG Watch (it was called being "Watchwitzed").

Now, instead, we just buy our rival sites then actively advertise them here.

We've become Microsoft.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom