Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline How the Codex stopped being a site for the free discussion of RPGs

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Mebrila is working with scruffy to put you on a watchlist for the cia, joe biden signed a secret executive order to look for undesirables and sent you to guacamole bay.
It's about time. I love me some guacamole.

fizzelopeguss

Arcane
Let me summarize my point of view. For many years, "real CRPGs" were a dead genre. Therefore, nothing that happened on this site actually mattered. Everybody could just let loose and have fun, dancing on the grave of their dead hobby.

But then CRPGs came back. Inevitably, the atmosphere on the forum shifted as the community geared itself toward anticipation and analysis of this new wave of titles. Not everybody was happy with that change. And some of them decided to blame the guy they felt was most responsible for putting it front and center.

"Stop posting about these games so much! Why is this megathread 500 pages long, how am I supposed to read this? You're not supposed to care this much! It's all popamole! It's all woke! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"
73c.jpg

:nocountryforshitposters:

People often take umbrage to others autistic needs to regulate shit.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I say this as a friend, but you need to move on from this. You are way too overinvested in this drama. Whenever I check this thread (or the woke list) you are brawling with people for no purpose.

I know this seemingly means a lot to you, but the Codex isn't going to change in the way you want.

You've already made your point multiple times, and at this point, it isn't healthy.
Look what have you done, she nuked herself. Are you happy now?!
She'll be back. This is just the latest in dramatic attention grabs.
She had been considering it for several days.
So she was lying here:
So i will enjoy my permanence there and i will stay here soley for the trash factor.
I don't much care what Meb does or doesn't do. I doubt she's actually gone. She came for the drama and she'll likely be back for it.

But if she is gone, my hope is that Theo and co will follow her soon enough.

The Watch is calling you, Tacgnol. Listen to its siren song. :M

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Infinitron is genetically incapable of comprehending why some people might be upset with him.

"Why do they persecute me so?"
FTMP, he dindu nuffin. He's been a pretty balanced admin, and a pretty balanced moderator before that.

It's just stuff like the "neutral positive" reviews that I didn't like. And maybe some of the thread merges, but he seems to be doing those less.

It's kind of funny to see people blame him for everything, when DU is in the background, laughing and spamming chaos magic.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I say this as a friend, but you need to move on from this. You are way too overinvested in this drama. Whenever I check this thread (or the woke list) you are brawling with people for no purpose.

I know this seemingly means a lot to you, but the Codex isn't going to change in the way you want.

You've already made your point multiple times, and at this point, it isn't healthy.
Look what have you done, she nuked herself. Are you happy now?!
She'll be back. This is just the latest in dramatic attention grabs.
She had been considering it for several days.
So she was lying here:
So i will enjoy my permanence there and i will stay here soley for the trash factor.
I don't much care what Meb does or doesn't do. I doubt she's actually gone. She came for the drama and she'll likely be back for it.

But if she is gone, my hope is that Theo and co will follow her soon enough.

The Watch is calling you, Tacgnol. Listen to its siren song. :M
Fuck off with all that. Why don't you go to the hq and keep rusty company rather than try to chase people away here? You can always log in to two sites if you want so we can continue to remind you what a retard you are.

Gregz

Arcane
Let me summarize my point of view. For many years, "real CRPGs" were a dead genre. Therefore, nothing that happened on this site actually mattered. Everybody could just let loose and have fun, dancing on the grave of their dead hobby.

But then CRPGs came back. Inevitably, the atmosphere on the forum shifted as the community geared itself toward anticipation and analysis of this new wave of titles. Not everybody was happy with that change. And some of them decided to blame the guy they felt was most responsible for putting it front and center.

"Stop posting about these games so much! Why is this megathread 500 pages long, how am I supposed to read this? You're not supposed to care this much! It's all popamole! It's all woke! NOOOOOOOOOOO!"
73c.jpg

The years of systematic discouragement and silencing of (((certain topics of discussion))) was just a byproduct of keeping the forum neat and tidy? :roll: Poor misunderstood Infinitron. He only wanted what was best for us, and site was dead anyway, so who cares?

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity." or a "dindu nuffin'" play? I don't buy it.

main-qimg-b2fd7c448caf062a1a609c0675daa071-pjlq

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
But then CRPGs came back.
they did?
The release of Legend of Grimrock in 2012 ended the 'wasteland' era of CRPGs and inaugurated a glorious age of hemi-semi-demi-incline, in which a number of games were released that harked back to earlier periods and subgenres (also a bunch of action RPGs, mostly Souls-likes). Unfortunately, this period of CRPG history in retrospect lasted only through 2018, since 2019 was a singularly horrible year for the genre. Starting in 2020, there's been something of a renaissance in squad-based tactics games, including some with enough RPG elements to be considered part of the Tactial RPG subgenre, but not much else of quality in RPGs. :M

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I think this month's instance of Gregz getting another grain of sand wedged in his vagina and lashing out at people in typical schizo fashion is interesting, as we don't have to just speculate what codex would be like if Infinitron conceded to Gregz's demands and stopped quarantining endless political posting, we now have an actual test case in the form of RPGHQ.org. Would codex be the paradise of enlightened discussion that Gregz claims? Please join me as we take a facinating look at what codex would be like in an alternate universe where Infinitron had never been born:

Browsing RPGHQ's game forum, it's kind of comical how there's near-zero discussion of games. Everything is approached from a purely political angle and everyone's competing to out-edgelord eachother all the time. Here are a few samples:

Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader:

First post is complaining that the game is "anti-facist" (controversial, no?).

Pathfinder:

Transgenderism comes up in the first post before bitching about political pandering.

Cyberpunk 2070:

Takes two posts for politics to come up, just 4 before transexuals are mentioned.

Jagged Alliance 3:

This thread is a model of restraint, as things don't turn racist until a full 4 posts in.

Honestly, I don't understand Gregz et. al.'s hysteria. You men have your new paradise of completely free discussion and you are free to go there and never return here, yet for some reason, you all can't stop visiting codex. Makes me wonder if you sense, subconsciously, that your new paradise is actually a hell, but you're all just too fucking stupid to realize it.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
If you think the Codex isn't right-wing enough then I don't know what to tell you. The politics forum is basically /pol/ and half of the website says the holocaust never happened and that you're a Jewish shill cuck if you do. I don't participate in modern CRPG discussion much because I don't care about those games, but there's no shortage of people dumping on games like Wrath of the Righteous for the tranny content. The HQ isn't even that different when it comes to game discussion because like 80% of the people there are also Codex posters; same goes for the IRC channel.

I get that some people have problems with the Codex's moderation team, and I like a lot of the people who have gone HQ-exclusive, including Rusty himself, but all the doomsaying for the Codex is retarded. At the end of the day, the Codex has existed for 20 years and has a lot of history with RPGs, with notable devs both interacting and actively posting on the site throughout its lifespan. I browsed the Codex for half a year before making an account just because you can get so much out of it simply by reading old threads. The HQ doesn't have that appeal, and it's never going to have it as long as such a significant portion of its userbase does nothing but gossip about the Codex and its users.

Gregz

Arcane
I've never read more retarded shit. It's hilarious gregz is posting it as some kind of damning evidence :lol:

Strangling discourse in lockstep with globohomo is 100% anti-consumer. Commonwealth eurofags, like yourself, who expect their thoughts broadcast to them by an (((authority))), probably don't see an issue. To any freedom-loving people, that is a grotesque disfiguration of the human spirit. The cheering screeching apparatchik faggots ITT, like wrong_carlo, who want nothing more than the adoption of your police-enforced jew-homo-nigger-tranny social norms, are cancer.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've never read more retarded shit. It's hilarious gregz is posting it as some kind of damning evidence :lol:

Strangling discourse in lockstep with globohomo is 100% anti-consumer. Commonwealth eurofags, like yourself, who expect their thoughts broadcast to them by an (((authority))), probably don't see an issue. To any freedom-loving people, that is a grotesque disfiguration of the human spirit. The cheering screeching apparatchik faggots ITT, like wrong_carlo, who want nothing more than the adoption of your police-enforced jew-homo-nigger-tranny social norms, are cancer.
Dude, you need a break.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Did you just roll your face across a keyboard filled with buzzword macros?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom