Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware A New Top 101 Poll

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Believe it or not, it's been almost 5 years since the previous poll was conducted. Is there any interest in doing another one? Should it wait so that people have more time to play stuff like BG3/Colony Ship/Starfield (lmao)? I think felipepepe ought to get first crack at it if he wants to manage it, but I'd do it if he's not interested.

Fink

Educated
It should be limited to top 50 otherwise you have shit that only two people voted for that no one else really likes in your "top games" list due to how scoring system worked.

Humanophage

Arcane
I think it would be interesting to have the equivalent of the old 2012-2016 top. Perhaps 2017-2023 or 2012-2023?

It would be more unpredictable and dynamic than having the same top-10 with Planescape, Fallout, and Arcanum rehashed for the nth time.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
It should be limited to top 50 otherwise you have shit that only two people voted for that no one else really likes in your "top games" list due to how scoring system worked.
Rather than the horrendous scoring system of asking people to distribute 25 points or so over a handful of games, any new poll should employ an actual rating system, in which case there would be no need to limit the number of top games to just 50. :M

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm all for it on the condition mods will not be applicable.

It's either Archolos or me. You have to choose.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Believe it or not, it's been almost 5 years since the previous poll was conducted.

And I'm sure a lot will change except that current flavour of the year will displace previous flavour of the year.

Spike

Educated
I'm all for it on the condition mods will not be applicable.

It's either Archolos or me. You have to choose.
Wouldn't be surprised if Archolos is best game of the past oh I dunno...10 frickin years.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I think it would be interesting to have the equivalent of the old 2012-2016 top. Perhaps 2017-2023 or 2012-2023?

It would be more unpredictable and dynamic than having the same top-10 with Planescape, Fallout, and Arcanum rehashed for the nth time.
It would probably be more interesting, I agree.
Rather than the horrendous scoring system of asking people to distribute 25 points or so over a handful of games, any new poll should employ an actual rating system, in which case there would be no need to limit the number of top games to just 50. :M
I foresee this not working well. Presented with a list of 100+ games, most of which he hasn't played, the average participant is going to lose interest and start assigning random or null ratings. The 25-point system isn't perfect, but it ensures that people are only rating things they care about.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Worst system I have ever seen. Designed so that shit can float and gain some "visibility."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom