Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Sorry, I should have said low reaper. I do reaper 1, them 2, them 3 and usually die in 4 when I'm repeating the same quest. I never soloed anything past reaper 5. But are the cosmetics to hide my char's atrocious face char bound? and last reincarnations?

Reinhardt

Arcane
Sorry, I should have said low reaper. I do reaper 1, them 2, them 3 and usually die in 4 when I'm repeating the same quest. I never soloed anything past reaper 5. But are the cosmetics to hide my char's atrocious face char bound? and last reincarnations?
do highest reaper you can once and move to next quest

Lhynn

Arcane
Any way to change my atrocious char's face?
A life of being really fucking ugly, instead of just being fucking ugly, is an interesting idea. I had the same happen to me and i got used to seeing that ugly mug, was glad to see it go when I rebirthed though.

Reinhardt

Arcane
my main problem with reaper is that i always forgetting to respec trees after reaching threshold levels.

Reinhardt

Arcane
yes, you do full character creation and quick leveling to 20 after epic reincarnation. you can't change only your class.
still i don't understand your question. if you are not planning to do SECOND epic leveling this life you will most likely do heroic reincarnation from 20 back to level 1 right after epic. it's standart process.
if you DO planning second epic life from 20 then save ALL your saga rewards and grab exp from them at 20. if you did all sagas it will be enough to get you few levels past 20 right away.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Only for me, this game keeps crashing in Sharn quests? My game crashed twice in a single "red fens" quest. I'm in Linux and have no problem with any other quest chain.

Other thing, got a amazing loot for the next time that I play as an necro :

dam5QRT.png

Lhynn

Arcane
If I do a epic reincarnation, do I get to change my char's face? If yes, I will play till 30, if not, till 20.
Any reincarnation lets you recreate your character from scratch with added bonuses from past lives

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Eldritch Knight?

If you wanna to make your sorc as close as possible to a fighter, try to get Knight's transformation and Armored Arcana asap. About hp bloat in ddo, your spell damage is also bloated a lot. Maximized Empowered Intensified iceberg at epic levels can crit for over 35k damage and you can easily get very high critical chances

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
How is this game quality-wise?

Any game that is not endless gear farming, cooldown managing is good for me. This game has everything that you expect from a 3.5e adaptation but if you hate number bloat, this game is more bloated in numbers(not in epicness) than wotr. You don't get xp by mindless killing the same mob, you do by completing objectives and there are puzzles and very interesting dungeon layouts.

I recommend you to download and try at least the starting Island.

If you wanna a server recommendation ,enter in Argo, is the most popular server except the hardcore.

Ryzer

Arcane

Any game that is not endless gear farming, cooldown managing is good for me. This game has everything that you expect from a 3.5e adaptation but if you hate number bloat, this game is more bloated in numbers(not in epicness) than wotr. You don't get xp by mindless killing the same mob, you do by completing objectives and there are puzzles and very interesting dungeon layouts.

I recommend you to download and try at least the starting Island.

If you wanna a server recommendation ,enter in Argo, is the most popular server except the hardcore.
I heard (from steam reviews) that I need to buy shit tons of DLCs to get access to a tiny portion of the content.

Is that true?

deama

Prophet
It's pretty good if you use the coupon to give you a lot of quests off the bat.
The real issue with the game is mostly technical stuff, you'll wish someone remade it in unreal 5.

Ryzer

Arcane
I took the Cleric class battlemage kinda, and the gameplay is all about left-click spamming and sometimes activating a capacity.

I think I shouldn't have taken this class and instead opted for a more versatile class.

A gem tarnished by years of mismanagement.

I heard (from steam reviews) that I need to buy shit tons of DLCs to get access to a tiny portion of the content.

Is that true?
A lot of the power creep comes from having to purchase the expansions from the past 5+ years. You don't have to have them to start, but eventually you will be handicapped without them. At least they go on sale sometimes around the November and the holidays.

deama

Prophet
I took the Cleric class battlemage kinda, and the gameplay is all about left-click spamming and sometimes activating a capacity.

I think I shouldn't have taken this class and instead opted for a more versatile class.
You can try going for something like monk where the playstyle is more combo focused. You essentially build up charges via using combo abilities like dark attack, lightning attack, fire attack, etc... and then unleash them. In the beginning it's just a more fancy attack, but at lvls 4+ you'll get more utility abilities like healing people around you (and you) or you can go more damage route and do like a burst of damage around you etc...

https://forums.ddo.com/index.php?threads/we-have-a-one-question-survey-for-you.7916/

Noted in thread that other Daybreak Games owned games are doing the same:

Perhaps not good news for the game that receives the worst responses. Time will tell I guess.

Reinhardt

Arcane

first life character if not spending is limited to normal difficulty first time he opens the quest. it's absolutely braindead.

Ryzer

Arcane

first life character if not spending is limited to normal difficulty first time he opens the quest. it's absolutely braindead.
Yeah, that's the first issue I've encountered, that and the fact that almost nothing about the in-depth mechanics are explained.

I've dug a little on internet and apparently the only thing that matters for deck building is DPS.

I made another character just to try other classes and I have to go through the normal retard difficulty AGAIN.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom