Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dungeons and Dragons Online - Fair Codexia Dead - DDO NEWs Thread!

Reinhardt

Arcane
bard done. druid, wizard and sorcerer left. will probably go ork bear now.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Reinhardt, how much points of contribution did you did to Codexia? I only contributed with a bit more than 500k. Just curious.

Other question, since you are playing the druid, did you tested teh Blightcaster? I saw a lot of Blightcasters in the HC server.

Reinhardt

Arcane
pretty much all of them.
kpFsXSL.jpg

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Does epic reincarnation buffs your char as much as normal reincarnation? For eg, in heroic, 3 wiz past lives, gives +6 spell pen(+2/l), by picking everythign to increase spell penetration in archmage and feydark tree, you get +6(+3 each). Anyway, I got lucky. Started to play as an illusionist wizard and they buffed shadowdancer epic tree.

Shadowdancer is not a "caster" tree, but is great for DC casters and assassins.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I just din't understood the requirements to pick the feats. and if they are "free" or I need to chose when lvling up.

Other question. Does the "Shadow loss" from nightmare lance stacks? Lastly, is incorporality and displacement good to increase my survivability in reaper? I take too much OHK mainly from traps in reaper.

deama

Prophet
I just din't understood the requirements to pick the feats. and if they are "free" or I need to chose when lvling up.
The epic ones appear stronger, especially since they at first give a set amount, and then scale as you go.
E.g. if you get all of the melee ones, you can pick an initial "stance", e.g. double strike, which will give you 9% at lvl1. Then you get a passive stacking of 2 AC for each investment in the melee one, which ends up being something like +30... so you get +30 ac at lvl 1...
But that ac bonus also scales, so you'll end up with something like +75AC at lvl 30. +15 every 10 levels.

Reinhardt

Arcane
you chose ANY epic past life when reincarnating at 30+ up to 3 times each, of course you will pick something from arcane but you can pick +saves from divine or anything else no matter what class you are playing. it gives you permanent passive bonus - in this case 1% of absorbtion for EACH feat you pick in this sphere and unique stance you have to activate manually.
you can activate any stance you unlocked but only 1 from each sphere, so in arcane for example you can use either spell pene or spell crit but not both. but you can change active stance anytime. so you can activate skill mastery from martial to pass skill check and go back to doublestrike right after for combat.

Reinhardt

Arcane
it will be long life. druid is just not clicking for me. he's not weak, far from it, but bear control is pure cancer.
plus i really burned out from doing all those lives i don't really enjoy. gypsy bard was good, but warlock and now druid is just a slog.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
There is any way to boost someone in ddo? Like doing the stormreach market quest that goes 6/12/18 in difficulties that I forgot the name with a epic level character while you stay using stealth and protected by invisibility afking?

deama

Prophet
There is any way to boost someone in ddo? Like doing the stormreach market quest that goes 6/12/18 in difficulties that I forgot the name with a epic level character while you stay using stealth and protected by invisibility afking?
Not exactly, because there's exp panalty if your lvl difference is at 4 or above I believe or so.
You could however do it by sticking to around the same level but with a super reincarnated character, because if you reincarnated like 50 times, including epic reincarnation, you'd have 30+ AC bonus, nevermind other crazy affects, plus the +8 book to all atributes, the +5 to all skills, etc...
And there's also reaper points that you can stack ontop of that...

Last edited:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine spending 200+ hours playing with classes that you hate only for the devs the moment that you get the completicionist past life only for the devs to add a new class that you hate behind a US$80 expansion paywall...

Anyway, if someone is curious about how durable is a illusionist, by combining shadowdancer displacement + concealment with items and illusionist spells/SLA, I'm with 4646 effective hit points, this while I have over 400 force spellpower and around 40% of force critical rate, casting cheap maximized empowered force storm + meteor swarm and DC 60+ phantasmal killer. And a vampire shrould, so I can self heal with aura + negative burst.

1mBzf3j.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Imagine spending 200+ hours playing with classes that you hate only for the devs the moment that you get the completicionist past life only for the devs to add a new class that you hate behind a US$80 expansion paywall
Dude that kind pf poor impulse control is legal grounds to get lobotomized. :lol:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Din't liked epic level illusionist. Takes too much to kill anything and everything in high reapers that worth being ohkilled are immune to phantasmal killer. So I reincarnated into sorc again but my mouse sadly double clicked and my char's face is atrocious as the game picked the random face. Any way to change it without reincarnation?

Reinhardt

Arcane
you... expected naked, uncapped, without previous lives character to be effective dc caster and casually oneshot everything in solo high reaper?

btw reincarnating at 26 is bad idea. you should have played to 30 if you made it this far already. drop reaper if you can't and do elite. it's literally one day of playing.

deama

Prophet
In that regard, what's with the reaper difficulty thing? Is it just for the challenge or does it give extra loot + rewards + exp?
I know there's points you can grind for it, is it for that? The extra progression?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
you... expected naked, uncapped, without previous lives character to be effective dc caster and casually oneshot everything in solo high reaper?

Not naked. Was my 3rd life.
_____
Any way to change my atrocious char's face?

BTW in my first life as a sorc I could blast stuff and OHK stuff in high reaper with maximized empowered iceberg

Nim

Augur
In that regard, what's with the reaper difficulty thing? Is it just for the challenge or does it give extra loot + rewards + exp?
I know there's points you can grind for it, is it for that? The extra progression?
It's another hamster wheel. Personally dislike it very much but elite is a bit too easy until cap.

Reinhardt

Arcane
It's another hamster wheel. Personally dislike it very much but elite is a bit too easy until cap.
at some point i decided it just not worth it, especially with my current internet.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
meh. what about gear?

+8 int tome, the borderland +10 stat gear from keep of the borderlands +other stuff that I can't remember correctly but the DC's on my PK was 72. Most mobs get OHKilled BUT reapers nad some reds are a pain in the ass . My force spell power was 550 and crit, 42%. With my first life water savant sorc, I was deleting some mobs with much worse spellpower/crit chance by dragon's breath + maximized empowered quicken intensified iceberg.

Reinhardt

Arcane
what do you mean by "high reaper" btw?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom