Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Your Unpopular Gaming Opinions

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
I felt like I'd done seent everything the game has to offer reaching Riverwood
it took the walk to Whiterun to confirm it

But Starfield is like, just a huge empty space with no apparent things to do unless you manage to walk into the right room to suddenly be launched on a huge questline.
Apparently more than a few people missed New Atlantis' undercity because they ignored the "investigate the Well" rumor (maybe thinking it was just a regular old well) and the simple elevator in the spaceport leading there.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Trying to min-max at the highest difficulty in CRPGs is something I will never do so I just lower the difficulty and choose a decent build instead for the same feeling. I used auto builds in all pathfinder games for my companions and played on normal/easy and it saved me time because I didnt have to buff so much. What's the point of farming +1 buffs when I can just lower the enemy stats so I dont need to do that...

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Skyrim had a way of putting things in perspective. By the time TES 6 comes out, I'll probably be pining for the good old days of Skyrim too.
In the Starfield thread, there are already people pining for the good old days when Bethesda Softworks was at least competent enough to create a Skyrim. :M

n0denz

Novice
Skyrim had a way of putting things in perspective. By the time TES 6 comes out, I'll probably be pining for the good old days of Skyrim too.
In the Starfield thread, there are already people pining for the good old days when Bethesda Softworks was at least competent enough to create a Skyrim. :M
Fetid piles of shit have a way of making nostalgiafags of us all.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Skyrim's combat isn't solid. Enemy AI is terrible. Weapon differentiation is terrible. Magic is terrible. It doesn't even have locational damage, even though Fallout 3 had it and it would be obviously beneficial in a game with archery.
Magic is more than terrible...
How do you go from the Magic system in Daggerfall and Morrowind to this?

n0denz

Novice
Skyrim's combat isn't solid. Enemy AI is terrible. Weapon differentiation is terrible. Magic is terrible. It doesn't even have locational damage, even though Fallout 3 had it and it would be obviously beneficial in a game with archery.
Magic is more than terrible...
How do you go from the Magic system in Daggerfall and Morrowind to this?
Easy. You market everything to normalfags.

Ash

Arcane
Weirdos on the internet deeply disturb me as it is a clear window and reminder of the degenerates & idiots that live among me.
Yeah, thank god no one YOU know is obsessed over video games.
Eh, I have stated on this forum multiple times I have a deep love for them, even using the word "obsessed" just three days ago (prior to your retard post). That doesn't make me weird as they are worthy of that love, if you play the correct games, and pretty much everyone here shares it to a degree. You missed the point big time, as is typical for the codex dullards. I was referring to the type that sends death threats to developers, spends 5 years on a lore forum dedicated to soulless shite like Oblivion before having an epiphany that it indeed doesn't at all matter (this guy is more evolved than most, many will never have that epiphany), fixates on a developer they have never met, built up a unhealthy dislike for and they must tell the world how bad they are, and so forth.

Last edited:

Ezekiel

Arcane
Gravity Rush Remastered is the best superhero game.

Gravity Rush 2 is worse in every way that matters.

Lemming42

Arcane
I like Heretic more than Doom. Especially with the Wayfarer's Tome mod, which fixes Heretic's only real problem (spongey enemies). The inventory system adds a whole new dimension to the Doom formula. Plus I don't get what people are on about when they say Heretic has worse level design; it's pretty consistently strong and doesn't have anything as bad as the lowest points of E2 and E3 of Doom.

Not sure if I'd claim it's objectively better than Doom, but I do like it more.

Hell Swarm

Educated
Women should never be in any sort of combat unless it's a horror scenario where you're forced to fight (and will likely lose). All the stronk womyn barbarians, mages and other garbage in RPGs is a power fantasy for losers clinging to their mother for protection. Strip out all that garbage and make women into mothers, carers and support instead of men with tits bolted on.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Women should never be in any sort of combat unless it's a horror scenario where you're forced to fight (and will likely lose). All the stronk womyn barbarians, mages and other garbage in RPGs is a power fantasy for losers clinging to their mother for protection. Strip out all that garbage and make women into mothers, carers and support instead of men with tits bolted on.
I can understand women mages and sorceresses who cast spells and have their powers granted by magic.
Even clerics or other class with some supernatural abilities that grant them fighting skill and strength.
Also assassins - don't deny the fact that women can and will use seduction and other skills and kill you in your sleep...
But Barbarians/Fighters/Paladins? Nah, that shit doesn't fly.

Hell Swarm

Educated
I can understand women mages and sorceresses who cast spells and have their powers granted by magic.
Women would suck at magic. They lack the autistic drive to be good at anything.
Even clerics or other class with some supernatural abilities that grant them fighting skill and strength.
No. Fuck off. Women make babies, they don't fight and the only God who would bless them for combat would be a troll god.
Also assassins - don't deny the fact that women can and will use seduction and other skills and kill you in your sleep...
Women don't kill through violence. They poison people. So fuck off as well.

The only women in combat I'd accept is a farmers wife using a shotgun to defend her home. Nothing else is tolerated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom