Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

WOW is a failure

Astromarine said:
You basically are just blowing suspitions out your ass, aren't you? I read the same forums you do, and fail to see all this malitious intent that you see.

if you are so dead set on believing the absolute worst of them, then mind sending your beta key to an address I will specify?
Wait a sec... you're saying you think Exit is BSing us, then you more or less admit you're not even playing the game?

My, what's that buzzing? I think it's the FANBOI ALARM!

Astromarine

Erudite
You are an idiot. Note that I did not challenge Ex on his experiences with the game. But he comes out with MORE than his opinion of the game as it currently is. He comes out with declarations about the intent of the designers, declarations which are not supported by any of the designers' statements in the game forums, to which anyone has access. He states the game's last patch sucks and that the designers will not fix things. I point out that some of the problems were already found and will be fixed. He then states that the OTHER problems are the important ones. BTW, even though I didn't post about it, the devs have come out to address the issue of class-locked roles. They are,as they always were, against it.
After that, he finds out about the OMG STRESS TEST!!1!! and reaches all kinds of conclusions about lack of open betas, incompleteness, etc. I point out that the open beta is still very much a part of Blizzard's plans, and he removes from his sphincter the idea that the open beta will be only a couple weeks. Where from? Noone knows. He is just completely unwilling to separate facts from his own speculations and conspiracy-theories. I call him on it with the simple authority of someone who follows the same forums he does, and who feels that his conclusions can logically come from no place other than his rectum.

Explain to me again why the fact I don't have the game prevents me from doing this, you little sanctimonious prick?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
They are,as they always were, against it.
I guess that's why the original designers left and created Guild Wars instead.

The game's pretty much class-locked at the moment and with the release being only a couple of months away I just don't see any of that changing. If it did, it'd have to be completely rebalanced, and that would take a lot longer than a couple of months. It's been weeks now since they 'acknowledged' some of the problems brought up with the patch and since then, absolutely nothing has been done to fix them. They've released 2 micro-patches since then which remove certain exploits introduced by the recent patch and some crash bugs, but nothing else has been done.

The fact that you aren't a part of the beta means that you have absolutely no ground on which to base your comments upon, so if I were you, I'd refrain from speaking about this issue, Astromarine. It's all well and good that you and a million other bunch of ignorant fucks decides to stand up for Blizzard and talk about their past accomplishments, and how "Blizzard wouldn't be where they were if they were bad developers".

Newsflash: the majority of the people who made Blizzard a success don't work at Blizzard anymore.

Heck, one of their lead designers has had no prior real game development experience and his only experience to offer Blizzard was his position as the leader of the "Fires of Heaven" uberguild in EQ. He's now in charge of all of the game's newly created high-level (50+) missions and they completely fucking suck. One of the ones he created involves running back and forth around the entire world map over several times for a really shitty Boomerang as a reward. OMG. TALENT.

Come open beta, it's likely that the current servers will be wiped and the game be given a sort of 'clean slate' where Open Beta users will probably be allowed to play for around 2-4 weeks before the game goes retail and if they decide to pre-order the game, they'll in all likelyhood be able to keep their open-beta characters. NCSoft did the very same thing with Lineage II and there's little doubt VU won't do the same with WOW.

P.s. you're a fanboi.

Astromarine

Erudite
Likely, probably, likelyhood, little doubt. OMG, you are TEH FACTFINDAR, you cute little Nancy Drew you. I made no comment on the current state of the game, you dumb fuck. I commented on the fact that you have no clue on the future, and what you say is being refuted by the devs in the forums, and that whenever I call you on something you go to the next stupid assumption. And quit it with the straw man. I never extolled Blizzard's virtues, nor pulled past games to the argument. If you want to argue with fanboys go find some, don't just make pictures in your head that tell you I'm one.

BTW, why not answer the guy back there that called you out on AC2? yet ANOTHER thing you mantioned that you have no clue about.

WoW may pretty well suck. I won't base my opinion on you, but on my own experiences when I get the game, either in Beta or release. I will even agree with you that the response time to fix the current problems is bad. But to go from there to the speculations you made has no meaning.

I'm still waiting for that beta key. Get rid of your burden, Frodo. Share it. It is eating you from the inside.

Dolphin: shhh. Let the grownups argue in peace, go back to the kids' table. Your noise is distracting.

Astromarine

Erudite
gave up so soon? at least put up a fight. that tactic works with your mmorpg forum buddies, not here. Display some maturity or admit you're talking out your ass.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
You've admitted that you haven't even had the chance to play the game and that you're more or less basing all of your opinions on a bias in favor of Blizzard and from what you've read on the forums. With all these facts taken under account, I would say that contrary to what you just said to me, that it is you in fact, who's lost.

Astromarine

Erudite
once again for the comprehension-impaired. I am not discussing the current features, I am discussing your doom-and-gloom predictions that have no base. Point to me the origin of your 2-week open beta. Actually, until my ignorant-of-the-actual-game ass quoted an actual FAQ you were saying there would BE no open beta. After I did you shifted to this ridiculous "oh yeah? well it will be only 2 weeks".

Put it through your thick skull: I have no Blizzard bias. I will try the game just like I tried AO, DAoC, EVE, ATITD, and UO. Because I am looking for a MMORPG that actually corresponds to my expectations. I played Diablo2 and Warcraft 3. That's it. Oh and I was a Lost Vikings fiend back in the day. That means I am a fanboy (learn to spell, you dumb fuck. intentional misspellings are for internet retards)? Maybe in Bizarro world.

I will jump on the Blizzard bashing right alongside you if your predictions if they become true. I entered the discussion ONLY to clarify that your statements were just that. Predictions. The Devs are saying they will not come true, which may or may not be correct. But you were already talking about them as if they were fact, acting like the insider reporting facts from the trenches. You're not. You're a whiner with a grudge pulling bullshit out your ass.

Astromarine

Erudite
Care to discuss from the perspective of the real world, or do you like it in that dreamland you are in? Fanboy my ass, you've just lost every other avenue of attack so you resorted to 12 year old tactics. I'm glad you're one of the few people in this forum who stoop so low, otherwise this ploce would be indistinguishable from everquest forums. speaking of which, don't you have some nerf whining to do somewhere else?

Astromarine

Erudite
Oh great *removes noose from neck* I was getting worried.

sorry for the confusion, Ex. Nerf Whining = whining about nerfs, not whining for nerfs.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Nobody on the forum is whining about nerfs, though. It's that the entire combat system has been changed, along with the way armor and stat calculations are done. Some of it is pretty bugged, others are 'intentional', but neither of which are preferrable to the old version.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yep, the game is definitely becoming more and more limited. First they got rid of all the Mage's utility abilities (lockpick, invisibility), forcing only Rogues to be able to lockpick, then survival skills (tracking) and now they're pigeonholing most of the classes into a choice of only 2 professions.

Warriors - Blacksmithing and Mining
Paladins - Blacksmithing and Mining
Mages - Tailoring and Alchemy
Priests - Tailoring and Alchemy
Warlocks - Tailoring and Enchanting
Shamans - Tailoring/Leatherworking and Enchanting
Rogues - Leatherworking and Skinning
Hunters - Leatherworking and Skinning
Druids - Leatherworking and Skinning
Hunters who use Guns - Engineering and Mining

Lame shit. Nobody in their right mind is ever going to take Cooking because of its inherent uselessness. Pet animals can eat raw meat anyway and mages generate food and water. Unless they take that ability away from the mage and turn him into a pure damage dealer, too. I wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

almondblight

Arcane
Yes, but I have to say, engineering and mining rock. I would like to be a chef though...

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Simple: to pigeonhole classes and make it so nobody has any versatility whatsoever. It's a pure 'hardcore', uberguild oriented class based game now. It's fucking Everquest all over again.

So-called uberguilds are going to have their warriors and paladins focus on blacksmithing and mining while other classes take up different abilities, all to develop 'perfect class characters' for 'perfect parties' in the planned Raid Zones and endgame locations. Raid Zones will require nothing short of a full party complete with 'perfect class'-built characters. Variants and hybrids will be unwanted. Everyone with a Druid or Warlock can just as well stop playing now because they'll never be good as any of the 'holy trinity' party characters (tank, damage dealer, healer) - it doesn't matter anymore.

What a pile of shit.

rhysling

Novice
Another reason they may have reduced the amount of professions to two is to make it easier to gather resources. There are only a small number of mineral deposits in each zone. If everyone knows mining, then you're going to have to wait in line.

Also, if everyone could learn skinning, then everyone WOULD learn skinning. So what is the point of skinning? Just have the monsters drop leather instead.

The up and coming skill is Engineering. You have to know Engineering to use some of the devices, such as the goggles that see through stealth.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Stealth is fucked, once again. My level 50 warrior can see a level 46 rogue's stealth with no difficulty whatsoever. What's up with that?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom