Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Oblivion will be the greatest RPG, based on facts

Jed

Cipher
WOOSH!!!

That was the sound of hilarious satire going over your head. This is a critique of the Obilivionoids, ya mooks.

Zufuriin

Scholar
Heh, you got me laughing by the second paragraph. I'm surprised that even some of the newcomers here fell for it.

Klinn

Novice
Bravo! About time someone posted such a well reasoned comparison.

But I'm obliged to mention that you left out one other feature that makes an RPG truely great -- multiplayer!

Yes, I will admit that Oblivion does not come with multiplayer right out of the box, but as this thread and many others show, it will be extremely simple to mod into the game. Of course, some old-school purists may bring up that tired old complaint that we shouldn't expect modders to 'fix' a broken game, but they are ignoring the new reality. After all, mods give us choice, and isn't that one of the cornerstones of RPGs, choices and consequences?

Voltare

Liturgist
methinks of morrowind as a game shell, something tossed out for the consumer to finish.Seems oblivi{ous} will be the same.

LlamaGod

Cipher
This man is obviously a complete fool.

Robert McFrants, I shake my fist at you.

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
I couldn't believe somebody wrote that shit first post and would be serious. I'd never have thought this thread would get up to three pages and still be growing. Roofles!

Excrément

Arbiter
Trash said:
I couldn't believe somebody wrote that shit first post and would be serious. I'd never have thought this thread would get up to three pages and still be growing. Roofles!

3 pages and he didn't answer one time, that's quite an achievement!

Klinn

Novice
Trash said:
I can't believe anyone is writing a serious reply to that so-serious post.

Lumpy said:
How did this become a sticky? Stickies suck.
Agreed, but perhaps it's an indication of the game being afoot...

mathboy

Liturgist
Funny post, but after reading it I felt sad, Codex is supposed to be full of smart people. I mean even the M&B forums laughed at something similar to this, and they are fans of an Action RPG (wonderful game by the way, but you expect people who like dialogue to be smarter than people who like horses).

Then I realised that the people flaming/taking the poster seriously were registered here the last few weeks and my hope in the Codex was restored. Thank you!

bryce777

Erudite
mathboy said:
Funny post, but after reading it I felt sad, Codex is supposed to be full of smart people. I mean even the M&B forums laughed at something similar to this, and they are fans of an Action RPG (wonderful game by the way, but you expect people who like dialogue to be smarter than people who like horses).

Then I realised that the people flaming/taking the poster seriously were registered here the last few weeks and my hope in the Codex was restored. Thank you!

I only read it to where he said disdane and had to comment. I did not see the fallout tactics and bos reference which are a little over the top.

Antiphon

Scholar
Well I'm an admitted fan of Bethesda and I can see this post is most likely not genuine. If he had actually played Oblivion as he claims, I would expect some info that would reflect this experience none of us have had.

Also, if he had been reading here I think he'd seen the game to compare Oblivion to would be Daggerfall which is what I get out of my reading here. Same series, but supposed to have been done much better in many ways.

If your are legit then sorry, else, nice try.

Here2Argue

Novice
HardCode said:
Big deal. Anyone can go the the TES ADHD Forums and do the same thing 15 times a day.

Not really. Damn Moderators will close anything that remotely resembles an argument.

Kthan75

Liturgist
Codex 2012 Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Can't believe some people took that seriously...

After I read the part with the games he played I figured this is funny enough to be read all the way...

Wonder who he really is though... I'd say it's one of the codexers, he kinda knew what to say...

Venom

Scholar
I have to say that I can't wait for Oblivion myself.

But I deeply respect your opinions. Unlike 100 percent of Internet bashers, you guys have actual reasons to hate Oblivion, as it's obviously not the same kind of game as Fallout.

And you also are pretty good at making funny pictures and even a whole video about Oblivion which is more dedicated then most flamers would ever do.

And here is the kicker....You do it here, in your own forum rather then flame away on the official forum, and that is why I respect you all. You could easily try to litter the official boards with flaming topics but you don't. People can bash you all they want, you back up your opinions with logical arguments which is more they will ever do and you do it here.

If people don't agree with you, then they shouldn't come here...Big deal.

It's great to see a site that doesn't give in to the norm and deplore what happened to their genre. Some posters on many forums should cool off and realize that opinions are opinions and that the world isn't going to end just because some people don't want Oblivion like they do.

dongle

Scholar
I'm beginning to think the stats bloom got cut at the last minute here. . . ?

angelos

Novice
Ya tell me the reason, why are yall "hanging out" here? I mean... Dude! Damn! What's so fun about saying some game sucks or something? I mean... Damn, find something you do like. Go play soccer, go read a book, hang out with friends, play a video game or go to school. Whatever ya like, but keep it social. Whats the fun in having criticism on everything? Im not here to get you mad. Sure, do whatever you like as long as you dont hurt anyone like that. Damn! :?

As for Oblivion, I'll probably like it. Why? Becouse its a game that could give me some fun for a couple o hours a week. I'm not the type to play whole days long and I believe thats the majority of people... Nothing wrong with it, as long as you like it more then other things. I think this game has the best mix of things if I read this. You've got a good list of games that might have better game elements, but thats not what everybody wants. People want the right mix, nice grapics and especially fun. You cant just give something a title or judge something. Rules change (for certain people) over time. If the best rpg for you is one of your games becouse it has a certain feature or multiple, fine. For you, youve got your game. But if 7 million (will this be accomplished?) call a other game their fafourite, let them. Everyone has their fun and no one has to "flame" or somethin... Easy :wink:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom