Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why Oblivion will be the greatest RPG, based on facts

Kraken

Scholar
This is such an obvious attempt to troll. Just that he brings FOT and Dark Alliance should be enough. Don't feed the trolls!

obediah

Erudite
micmu said:
Now c'mon. That post was way too silly for an advertisement. :)
He even deliberately chose the worst "RPG" examples ever imaginable (BG:DA, FO:T and U IX.)

That part was hilarious. +30 points for teh funny.

It was also way too obvious. If you want to draw in any but the most retarded, you need to be a bit more subtle.

Atrokkus

Erudite
Awesome.

It's kind of sad that some of my fellow codexers are dumb enough to actually argue with this idiot. Please, do not disgrace the hivemind.

Relien

Scholar
rfrants said:
Oblivion has got Wonder Woman and Captain Picard and if you don't know who they are, you bunch are more anti-social and sad than I previously thought.

Let's see what Fallout and Troika's "masterpiece" game Bloodlines had: Forgettable Acting School kids.

I must agree. Bloodlines had one of the most shitty voice acting ever seen in a videogame. The thing that annoyed me most was that the NPCs were like walking corpses. You walked past them on the street and they were silent, pretending you're not there.

In Morrowind, on the other hand, all the NPCs greet you merrily whenever you are in their vicinity, which really makes the world alive. It is much more important than the crappy dialogue trees that take place while the game is paused, like in those Bloodlines or Arcanum.

EDIT: Shit, I should've picked a new avatar :)

Irwanday01

Novice
now we just have to figure out which bethesda dev has come to prove us wrong by using an alias.

your jig is up rfrants. time to duck and run.

Relien

Scholar
Irwanday01 said:
now we just have to figure out which bethesda dev has come to prove us wrong by using an alias.

your jig is up rfrants. time to duck and run.

I'd say it's one of the codexers.

HardCode

Erudite
rfrants said:
Graphics -

Without a doubt, graphics are the most important element of the ADHD Parent-Purchasing Consumer Demographic, but not game play today.

Fixed.

Antagonist

Liturgist
It's probably a joke. I'm sure someone is already laughing is ass off because he could provoke such a reflex reaction by pushing some obvious buttons. :roll:

HardCode

Erudite
Big deal. Anyone can go the the TES ADHD Forums and do the same thing 15 times a day.

bryce777

Erudite
Blahblah Talks said:
HardCode said:
Big deal. Anyone can go the the TES ADHD Forums and do the same thing 15 times a day.
Yes, but it's much funnier when it happens to a group of such obviously more intelligent gamers.

Not really, it is just boring either way, and most of the responses are just out of boredom. I would not be surprised to see it was not a troll,t hough. Sadly.

Balor

Arcane
ROFL!
That's a sure joke from someone. Nobody can be that dumb, indeed.

FrancoTAU

Cipher
Yeah, come clean you charlatan. Great post though, you got a legit LOL from the "best" RPGs that you tried out.

This is too witty to be KC or Stalin.

Seboss

Liturgist
Stalin wouldn't resist to the urge of using goofy fake pictures and transexuals.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Heh, the "30 minutes of Dark Alliance and Tactics" sort of gave it away early, but still, good bits of funny here and there:
Not to mention that Mount and Blade is ONLY mount combat. It's basically a doorknob and Oblivion is a marvellous and majestic door, and Oblivion not having that cumbersome doorknob present makes it even more fluid and accessable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom