Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are larp so offten called gay?

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Besides, when all is said and done, it's not like we're worst enemies. It's like sibling rivalry more than anything, except we don't call on our parents when things don't go our way.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
taks said:
uh, darth was in a movie... there is a real jedi-religion, not in the movies. odd thing to be calling a jedi religion "real" when i tend to think all religions are nothing but a crutch, but hey... who really gives a shit.

Being a total dork isn't a religion.

Fez

Erudite
Maybe if enough people write it on the census forms "Dork" will become a new religion? :lol:

taks

Liturgist
Saint_Proverbius said:
Being a total dork isn't a religion.
yeah, yeah it is... it doesn't take much. they're all kinda dorky IMO.

taks

MF

The Boar Studio
Patron
Developer
Wicca was never really a religion, it was a celtic tribe on the British isles. They had customs and rituals including dumping the dead bodies of criminals in a giant straw man and setting it afire. This is called a wicker man. If there were not enough criminals, enemies or 'volunteers' were sometimes used to fill up the wicker man, (even fossiles of children - or dwarves) have been found) indicating a religious nature, obviously. Probably with Pagan gods or something, not nature itselm, I don't remember.. Not more than other celtic tribes, anyway.

Oh I do remember it was originally a Scandinavian custom adapted by the Celtic tribes. These were prone to honor their enemy's god rather than offend them. So you could say Celtic tribes were on the safe side and believed in every god anyone told them about.

I just laugh at most pathetic neo-Wiccans. Ususally whiny (goth) girls in their early teens or annoying women pushing 50.

Fez

Erudite
MF said:
Wicca was never really a religion, it was a celtic tribe on the British isles. They had customs and rituals including dumping the dead bodies of criminals in a giant straw man and setting it afire. This is called a wicker man. If there were not enough criminals, enemies or 'volunteers' were sometimes used to fill up the wicker man, (even fossiles of children - or dwarves) have been found) indicating a religious nature, obviously. Probably with Pagan gods or something, not nature itselm, I don't remember.. Not more than other celtic tribes, anyway.

Oh I do remember it was originally a Scandinavian custom adapted by the Celtic tribes. These were prone to honor their enemy's god rather than offend them. So you could say Celtic tribes were on the safe side and believed in every god anyone told them about.

I just laugh at most pathetic neo-Wiccans. Ususally whiny (goth) girls in their early teens or annoying women pushing 50.

Wicca was made up in the 1940-50s, by an Englishman. It has bugger all to do with Celtic tribes.

The Wicker man thing is only famous because of that silly "cult" film.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Fez said:
The Wicker man thing is only famous because of that silly "cult" film.

Actually, it was a book first, then they made the movie from it. The book was fairly decent.

@Blackhart: Better bring your Boots Of Running. You'll need them. ;) :lol:

Fez

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Actually, it was a book first, then they made the movie from it. The book was fairly decent.

True, but all these old B-movies seem to have quite a following now. More so than books ever get. Especially some of the cheesy Hammer Horror style ones.

I have long hair and I resent the fact that I can get called a hippy. I grow my hair long because it disguises my enormous head and the fact I look about 12, and also some females seem to like it. I wear clean clothes have exceptional personal hygiene and work for a goddamn living. I hate hippies, I really want to kick them square in the nuts. People had long hair long before the fucking hippies ruined it for everyone.

Fez

Erudite
Sounds like you're writing a bad application to a dating agency StraitLaced! :lol:

Hoping to pick up a few of the Codex regulars?

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Tell me about it, Strait. I can't even grow a fucking beard sometimes without people, in particular my father, telling me I look like either charles manson or a hippie. And I love beards.

Fez

Erudite
Some people just don't suit a beard, or certain styles of beard. This is especially true of younger men who try to grow a moustache, it usually looks awful. Stick to stubble, it looks manly enough to girls who like that sort of thing without making you look like a pervert/stalker/hippie.

ElastiZombie

Liturgist
Fez said:
Otaku_Hanzo said:

True, but all these old B-movies seem to have quite a following now. More so than books ever get. Especially some of the cheesy Hammer Horror style ones.

The best thing about the movie was Christopher Lee and his amazing red plaid suit. Hypnotizing! :shock:

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Yeah, Fez, but I always wanted a massive beard, like the barbarians of old time, the Vikings, Saxons, and such, and I always wanted to be able to braid it as well.

Fez

Erudite
Fantastic, if you succeed in your hairy quest take some photos and post them up here! :D

It's rare you see anyone with impressive facial hair, you should dress as an evil pirate and frighten children.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom