Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Why are larp so offten called gay?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Wicca is dumb bullshit, period. I don't know why you have to be wicca to be a genuinely nice, caring person. The whole 'need to belong' thing gets on my nerves. Go join the fucking Marines if you need to belong. At least you'll be doing a service for your country, and that's something I can respect.

The real Wiccans aka the druids of yore chopped peoples heads off and ate their brains. They weren't very nice, either.

Fez

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Fez said:
If you believe in the Wiccan theme then you are an idiot, plain and simple.

I believe in the Angelina Jolie Windows XP theme I have on my computer.

Plenty men seem to think she's worth believing in. :wink:

The Wiccan religion does steal from everywhere though, so Exitium is right on that one, many of the religions that it steals from are not at all to do with being caring or not harming anyone. Also, much of the fluffly caring parts have been added in more recent years, again diluting the supposed "true" religion from the 1950s. Still it sold the books he published, so why would he care that a bunch of whiney goths or hippies would waste their lives thinking it was true?

The whole "personal gain" thing is all crap as well, made up by sad hippies and goths. Magic was all about personal gain. :roll:

Of course people like to wrongly mix in midwives and simple folk medicine from long ago and claim that was "magic", when it was simply the standard medicine of the day, rather than hocus pocus nonsense.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Yeah, the funny thing about those midwives is that they probably tested their remedies and got them to work (they had some knowledge of penicillin) unlike the doctors, who rubbed feces on people. When they managed to cure people while doctors failed, they got branded as witches. Why would a simple folk woman have more knowledge of medicine than a theologician/doctor? It puzzles the mind! Women aren't smart enough!

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
That's not what I meant by the voice of reason. Just seems everytime he (Exit) disagrees with something, he fucking hates it and has to go over the top about it. It's like "Dude! Clean the sand out of your vagina and go on with life! Yeesh!" :shock:

Plus that and the fact that I'm on day 16 of quitting smoking after 20 yrs of doing so and I live with a smoker. Makes me edgy, you know. :cry:

Seven

Erudite
I read a story once where this lady went to the beach and she ended up getting sand in her shoes. I also read that there's a lot of sand in Malaysia. Before we draw any definitive conclusions I think further investigation is warranted. That being said, I think we're on the right track to discovering the origins of the sand in Rex's vagina.

Fez

Erudite
Otaku_Hanzo said:
Plus that and the fact that I'm on day 16 of quitting smoking after 20 yrs of doing so and I live with a smoker. Makes me edgy, you know. :cry:

Ouch! Feel free to vent here though if it helps a good cause. :D

Good luck with it. Just remember that once you are well and truly over it you have the right to go around and lecture smugly to all smokers, that thought might help you through.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ah God, just what this world needs: more smelly hippies. Ah well, true hippies are like the Amish in the way that they dont fight back. It's alot of fun beatin on em, and I've done so after one called soldiers, ours in particular, baby killing war mongerers. Fuckin hate hippies. God dammit.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Thanks, Fez. I'm hanging in there well enough. Just go through mood swings now and then, is all. Kind of like PMS without the cramps. :P

Major_Blackhart said:
Ah God, just what this world needs: more smelly hippies. Ah well, true hippies are like the Amish in the way that they dont fight back. It's alot of fun beatin on em, and I've done so after one called soldiers, ours in particular, baby killing war mongerers. Fuckin hate hippies. God dammit.

Excuse me?! Just because some idiot wounds your american pride you are suddenly an expert on just what the fuck a hippie is and have determined they all suck? Sorry, I don't think so. And I will thank you very much to never stereotype like that again. It's such bullshit that it's not even funny.

Did you know there are two definitions to what a hippie is?

First definition: Someone who does not follow the norm of regular society and instead does things their way, whether it be through unconventional clothing styles to living in communal housing. Yes, they usually have a pacifist attitude when it comes to violence, but that's only for themselves. Sure they hate violence as a whole, but they don't protest it.

Alot of your hippies nowadays don't do what the fags back in the 70's did. And I'll have you know that not just hippies were spitting on our troops that came back from 'Nam. Common everyday folk did as well.

Second definition: (and this is the definition that most "hippies" these days fall under) Anyone who dresses unconventionally and wears their hair long.

I fall under the second definition. Yes, I am a "hippie" as it were. I wear my hair long and dress however the fuck I want to where I want to. Does that make me smelly? No. Does that make me like the Amish? No. Fucking take a swing at me and see what happens, biotch. :lol:

Tell the hippie that insulted your pride the 70's are dead and he needs to move on. It doesn't give you the right to beat up on people who won't fight back, however. That's just cowardly and wrong.

Sarvis

Erudite
Exitium said:
Wicca is dumb bullshit, period. I don't know why you have to be wicca to be a genuinely nice, caring person. The whole 'need to belong' thing gets on my nerves. Go join the fucking Marines if you need to belong. At least you'll be doing a service for your country, and that's something I can respect.

The real Wiccans aka the druids of yore chopped peoples heads off and ate their brains. They weren't very nice, either.

You know, m eant to mention this back in the Mayan thread... but:

EVERY culture in the world at some point has tortured/murdered/sacrificed people based on religious belief. Your vaunted Spanish Christians did it with their Inquisition, American Protestants (I think) did it with witch trials, Mayans did, druids did.

So what? It only proves that humans suck, not that Wiccans or Mayans suck.

Fez said:
The Wiccan religion does steal from everywhere though,

So does Christianity.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Wicca today (since the 1950s) is a brand new subculture (it's not a cult) masquerading as a valid belief system. It isn't.

Sarvis

Erudite
Exitium said:
Wicca today (since the 1950s) is a brand new subculture (it's not a cult) masquerading as a valid belief system. It isn't.

What the hell makes something a valid belief system?

Fez

Erudite
There is no record of a Jedi harming anyone. Do I win a prize?

Fez

Erudite
Vader was a fictional character and the actor that portrayed him is still alive and well.

taks

Liturgist
Sarvis said:
Fez said:
There is no record of a Jedi harming anyone. Do I win a prize?

Umm.... Vader anyone?
uh, darth was in a movie... there is a real jedi-religion, not in the movies. odd thing to be calling a jedi religion "real" when i tend to think all religions are nothing but a crutch, but hey... who really gives a shit.

taks

Subhuman

Liturgist
Otaku said:
Excuse me?! Just because some idiot wounds your american pride you are suddenly an expert on just what the fuck a hippie is and have determined they all suck? Sorry, I don't think so. And I will thank you very much to never stereotype like that again. It's such bullshit that it's not even funny.

Now who's being over-the-top?

I'd warn all ye stepping into the steaming pile of shit known as "RELIGIOUS DEBATE", because it cannot, will not, and never does end well.

Fez

Erudite
Quiet, don't spoil it. Arguments that rage on forever with no prgress is half the fun of the Codex. :lol:

Subhuman

Liturgist
Fine. Just don't complain when Exitium snaps and starts banning every third poster. I've seen it happen.

Fez

Erudite
Tantrums are fun too. :D

Who doesn't like to see an argument get dirty when the real mudslinging happens?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom