Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's with you guys and The Fall?

Fain

Novice
But the entire point of it is free entertainment.

Jed

Cipher
Volourn said:
" charismatic scientist "

Oxymoron.
John Crichton.

True Moron = Volourn.

As for the rest, please stop the whining everyone. Not that you'll listen; but other than some free entertainment it adds nothing. :P
Fain's the whiner: "Ooh, stop bashing the Fall, you should be more open-minded, why do you hate Carsten?, you Codexers think you own Fallout, ooh..uh..meh.."

And no, I don't think Fallout's setting is realistic. Realism isn't what makes a game immersive. After all, there are plenty of fantasy games that are immersive. It's the attention to detail and the crafting of a consistent setting that creates immersion.

Jed

Cipher
Fain said:
The cry of desperation: "Oh, I'm not really serious--I just wanted rile you guys up."

Piss off pissant. There's been fifty just like you already. Here today to tell us the error of our ways, gone tomorrow never to be heard from again. You ain't nothin' special.

Fain

Novice
And it's been shown once again, why RPGCodex hosts the biggest group of dipshits on the web.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Cartsen is a fruitcake, he just took advantage of the cancelation of FO3 to get the newbie Fo fans to flock to something else. He tried talking to the FO fans but he didn't listen to any of our suggestions thinking that he knows whats best, and there was no problem with a Language barrier since he can speak english well enough to understand that we didnt like him.
The only thing TEH FALL and FO have in common is a post-apoc setting, and if you didnt have your head up your ass you would know it wasnt just the setting that made FO great.

WE can make any opinion we want on a game that hasnt been released, we knew FO:BOS would suck even though it wasnt out yet and guess what? It did suck omg we prolly just lucked out on that one eh? Its also clearly legit to be able to judge a developer on their past games, if it wasnt then people wouldnt be fans of certain developers.

Kamaz

Pahris Entertainment
Developer
Fain,when you start a new thread you usually want to say something or receive an answer. Let take a look at your post..
I stumbled across this forum today and what the heck is wrong with half of you people?
You start with a question "what the heck is wrong with [..]". The answer is very hard to give, because "being wrong" or smth hard to define and is very hard to answer. Statements can be wrong, but people...huh.. I guess that was rethorical question and you just wanted to attract attention. OK, I guess you did it. Lets continue then...
The Fall looks like it's going to be a great game, it has an extremely friendly community and the developers are listening to fan input. What is wrong with that?
Oh well, that is a statement and a question. Lets look at your post, where you accuse Reklar for bashing the game before its released and look at your statement that says "The Fall is going to be a great game". You do the opposite - hype about game that is not yet shiped. Noone says its wrong, but then - why cannot anyone bash the game before its released? Think a bit. You have no proofs that game will be a success, though you can assume that it will be success basing on facts your allready know today. Tha same with game bashing. Lets keep on, though -
Some people seem to be bitching that The Fall is riding on Fallout's hype. So? Is Far Cry running on Wolfenstein 3D's hype? Who cares if there're similarities.
Wolf3D [which was not actually 3D] and FarCry are way different. I dont recall any of FarCry devs involving in their pre-release information Wolf3D name as it is in case of Fall and Fallouts, where Carsten Strehse mentions "Fallout" every two lines. I guess that could mean Fall is trying to ride on Fallouts name. Literally - look at the name - The Fall and The Fallout, you have to be illiterate not to notice any similarities. And that ex-BIS employees hunting thing - that proves nothing?
If you ask who cares if there are some similiratities, I'd say you ought to be blind not seeing "who" the fuck "cares". WE care.
Obviously Fallout had an affect on The Fall, just like Wastelands had an affect on Fallout.
First of all, if I am correct, Wastland and Fallout has so much common because Fallout is assumed to be unofficial sequel. And the other thing, if I am correct, Wastland and Fallout come from Interplay and that means there are the same people [mor eor less] behind them both. What is not nearly the same with The Fall and Fallout.
I could do with a million Fallout clones as long as each one was fun to play. It's a game, 50 dollars worth of entertainment, and is in no way life altering. If I play it for 2 weeks then hell, I got my money's worth out of it.
Why " Fallout" ? Why not "Fellow" or "Father" or "Fucker" ?Why would you play those games? Just because of name Fallout? You are kind word-fetish or something? If the game is first person shooter MMORPG, what you expect? Brotherhood of Steel? The name is what is important for you? °Go and play your crap but dont mix Fallout in it. I dont see any reasonable motive why Fallout should be in a title of some kind post-apoc shooter. Franchise? That is publisher's interest, that should not concern you - why you would care any random shooter to be called Fallout FPS? It could be just a shooter in post-apoc wasteland and no damn Fallout abnout that.
This forum is for RPG codex but people are constantly bitching about the portraits and graphics. Who cares, its an RPG. Wastelands graphics sucked, so what. Fallouts graphics aren't very amazing but it was still a great game
Very strange statement, as I have experienced here are rough disputes about graphics and gameplay, but there is no general opinion - everyone has its own. And consider tha fact 3 best cRPG' s nominated by RPGCodex last year was mainly the ones with poorest graphics [Avernum, Geneforge and Prelude beat down the Morrowind]. So I dont see from where you get your statement that definetly are false.
A lot of people are also bitching about SSE's past games. So? Most companies produce some crap to go along with their gems.
Crap is crap and nothing else. If company produces crap it is crappy company and so it is. There is no rule to produce predefined amount of crappy and good games. If a company has released bad game, do you expect me to wait with anticipation their next release? Have you heard anything of "bad reputation" ?
PS> Get over yourselves. Pull your panties out of your ass crack and go do something worthwhile
I see no point why you wandered in here. You come into this forum, bash everybody, nominate everyone a loser, and then give an advice to stop posting here. Do you feel like The Very Good Guy who knows all the truth and knows what everybody should and should not do. or maybe you are someone, who should get over yourself and " ..Pull your panties out of your ass crack and go do something worthwhile.."

Jed

Cipher
All I need to know about TEH FALL(out)! to know it will suck can be found on the front page of the official site: POST-APOC=HUMMERS, AR-15s, & SEXY LADIES!

Fuck the Fall, fuck Carsten's vision, and fuck you very much, Fain. Now go home.

suibhne

Erudite
Fain said:
And it's been shown once again, why RPGCodex hosts the biggest group of dipshits on the web.

And out comes the trump card....

Well, shit, looks like we've been pwned. Time to pack the bags.

Jed

Cipher
Fain said:
Yeah, critical thinkers are "dipshits," whereas some sucker who's going to buy a shitty game based upon its self-generated hype is a GENIUS!

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Fain said:

The fact that you, and others like you, place yourselfs in rethorical cubby holes from which you can't debate out of, and then whine when you can't bring up actual good points, shows who the dipshits are.

But hey, that's ok. You can run off and meet up with the people who are supposedly laughing at us. Don't forget to tell'em how you've greatly pwned us all with your mahvelous use of canned rethoric.

Lasakon

Liturgist
I could care less about the type of publicity that The Fall is getting in the interviews with the developers. I bought a Derek Smart game, so that should be no surprise. The Fall looks ok, nothing fantastic. I think that this thread has taught us one thing, Fain is a moron.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Fain said:

"Last edited by Fain on Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total"

That one perfectly demonstrates your courage. You just had to remove the part where you stated you and others were laughing at us, didn't you? Pathetic.

Ap_Jolly

Liturgist
I stumbled across this forum today and what the heck is wrong with half of you people?

The real question is, what the heck is wrong with the likes of you?

The Fall looks like it's going to be a great game, it has an extremely friendly community and the developers are listening to fan input. What is wrong with that?

Cutting corners on design process by letting "the people" to design the game for you. That's what happened in FO2.

Some people seem to be bitching that The Fall is riding on Fallout's hype. So? Is Far Cry running on Wolfenstein 3D's hype?

Of course not, moron.

Who cares if there're similarities. Obviously Fallout had an affect on The Fall, just like Wastelands had an affect on Fallout.

Bad example.

I could do with a million Fallout clones as long as each one was fun to play. It's a game, 50 dollars worth of entertainment, and is in no way life altering. If I play it for 2 weeks then hell, I got my money's worth out of it.

"Hurray to overpriced overhyped low-quality derivative shit!"

This forum is for RPG codex but people are constantly bitching about the portraits and graphics. Who cares, its an RPG. Wastelands graphics sucked, so what. Fallouts graphics aren't very amazing but it was still a great game.

You forget one thing - The Fall is not Wasteland. It's not that good.

A lot of people are also bitching about SSE's past games. So? Most companies produce some crap to go along with their gems.

I suppose you think they do it to get the money to produce their "gems"...

Jed

Cipher
Fainboi said:
This forum is for RPG codex but people are constantly bitching about the portraits and graphics. Who cares, its an RPG. Wastelands graphics sucked, so what. Fallouts graphics aren't very amazing but it was still a great game.
I didn't even notice this first time through. Among the regulars, who here is a graphics whore (well, besides Rex)? Most of us are constantly railing against the concept of graphics over gameplay. This guy has some severe reading comprehension issues.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Fain wrote: *snip*

Oh my, aren't you a special person?

Let me be honest with you: you are a very foolish individual for regarding yourself as highly as you do. You will find that when the content of your posts are taken into regard, most of us here would hold you in lower regard than a stray dog. I suppose I could just take you in and coddle you with biscuits and huggles, but you aren't a cute fluffy dog.

Judging from what you've said, I can assess that you possess absolutely no sense of logic and if my summary judgment carries any merit, you have neither personality nor humor to make up for your lack of intellect. You have very little to offer in terms of intellectual value.

Ah, but if only you learned the value of an education.

Let me make it plain and clear to you (so you have no excuses to misconstrue anyway), Carsten Strehse made several appearances on Duck and Cover and NMA for the sole purpose of whoring his title, where he tried very hard, but in vain, to present it as an alternative to the defunct Fallout 3. He shrugged off and behaved patronisingly to the majority of the constructive criticism presented to him as ramblings-on of a pissed off fanbase instead of hearing them out, so you'll understand why most people in the Fallout community don't think too highly of him. But rest assured, he has more respect from me than you will ever receive. He's at least learned from his mistakes and ceased to promote the Fallout name as of late because of the ire he received throughout his campaign.

I doubt you'll ever learn from yours.

Diogo Ribeiro

Erudite
Exitium said:
Fain wrote: *snip*

Judging from what you've said, I can assess that you possess absolutely no sense of logic and if my summary judgment carries any merit, you have neither personality nor humor to make up for your lack of intellect. You have very little to offer in terms of intellectual value.

But he has such a nice avatar!

That's gotta be worth something, right? RIGHT?

Fez

Erudite
It is fun to see the terminally stupid get burned. Shame you'll probably wander off now feeling impotent and frustrated until you delve back into the warm, fuzzy bosom of your fan hive, where you can feel clever and important again - just like mom always said you were. Hell, I'd have at least been able to respect someone who could come out with a better argument than "URE MOM LOLOLOLZ" or "ur r teh dipshotz lol". You could have at least have bothered to read and try to understand someone else's point of view before launching your pathetically inept attack, it only makes you look even more clueless and your arguments hollow. You have been truly owned throughout this thread and each of your posts only adds to this.

fnordcircle

Liturgist
Frowning at my monitor as I read your dumb post.
See, I don't mind people hating a game that I like or am looking forward to, I just think it is completely stupid to hate the game without having played it.

Regardless, if it's a title you would have enjoyed and your holy crusade against Carsten stops you from playing it, then it's your loss.

Jed

Cipher
If The Fall turns out to be The Shit, I'll be the first to admit the error of my ways and give it a spin. However, from the evidence at hand, I've drawn the conclusion that I will not like this game. But until I hear great reviews from trusted individuals, no pocky for kitty.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Fain said:
One of the main reasons why Fallout was great was because it was in a Post-Apoc setting with a realistic scenario on how the world got there and how the world would be in that setting.

Eh? What?! Fallout was realistic post apoc? Did you miss all the mutants and vacuum tube tech? Fallout was never designed to be realistic, it was designed to be pulp 1950s sci-fi.

Half of those things are also readily available in any other game. Practically every RPG out there has freedom of choice in developing your character.

Creating a character and having the choice to develop the character in your own way while completing the game in the manner that caters to the way you created that character's strengths and weaknesses are two different things. Practically every CRPG out there does the first, but very few do the latter. Most just let you create a combat character and that's all there is.

In fact, given all the hype about The Fall's MAP WIDE BATTLEZ, I can't see it turning out to be like Fallout where it is possible to sneak or talk your way through things.

Obviously they're only listenning to what they want to listen to. There were gobs of posts on there about making the game turn based, for example.

Sure, he listenned to the part about the speech skill, but something like that shouldn't have to be explained. A good CRPG developer should already know why a speech skill is a good thing, especially a CRPG developer that wants to ride Fallout's coattails to T3H B33G W1N. If you have to explain to a developer why a speech skill is a good thing, chances are that design for that thing is going to be poorly implimented because they should have seen why they needed one in the first place. The design should have made something like that nessicary from the beginning.

Okay, name a GOOD game that SSE's worked on so far. Gorasul was excedingly awful as was Soldiers of Anarchy. If SSE makes The Fall a good game, more power to them. However, just name dropping Fallout left and right isn't going to make The Fall any better of a game. Listening to the fans won't make the game any better either, especially when you don't have the right filters in place to know what makes a game good in the first place.

gauss

Novice
:evil: listen fain you fucking son of a bitch i fucking hate you and you shouldnt live
god damn pussy bitch, dont you know you dont have a fucking opinion?
your a fucking faggot who sticks nails in his nutsack for pleasure!!!
fucking bitch you should die and burn in hell forever sentenced to be tortured by having hot metal rods shoved up your asshole, for eternity!

fuck you and i hope your house blows up!!!!!!!!!!!!! :twisted:

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
carsten_strehse.jpg

I"M INTELLEGENT AND THOUGHTFUL< MY NAME IS CARTSEN

Bubba

Novice
some of you insinate that noone was laughing at you, well i am

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom