Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Troika Games no longer exists

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
The Master is a s'simple comic book villain'. I mean come on. he wants to 'save guard humanity' by making everyone nonj human and he deos it by mass murdering as many humans as he possibly can.

the fact he thinks he is right doesn't impress since all villains think they're right to do what they do.

Even comic book villains think they have the right do what they do.

Klaz

Scholar
The Master is a version of the classic "Mad Scientist".

This doesn't mean he's a bad character. Fallout was never meant to be taken as seriously as some people would like to believe (This is the same game that started as "What if what the Americans of the Fifties thought about the future actually happened")

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Yeah, I went there.

So what does that quote show? That he was indeed well intentioned and when he realized he was misguided he gave up?

Yeah, you TOTALLY went there.

P.S. Master's goal is to wipe out all humans, dip many into goo, and turn them into near mindless and ultra violent mutants.

Bullshit and lies.

Self-Ejected

Davaris

Self-Ejected
Developer
Volourn said:
he deos it by mass murdering as many humans as he possibly can.

They are dipped in the Vats and the FEV changes them into Super Mutants. It does not kill them, unless I misunderstood that part.

Volourn said:
the fact he thinks he is right doesn't impress since all villains think they're right to do what they do.

"Villains" are the ones that lose. "Good guys" are the ones that win.

The West does unspeakable evil all the time, but we are the good guys, as long as we keep winning and write the history books.

If we were beaten by the old Soviet Union, or Islam or China replaces us later on, the winners will be the good guys and we will be the decadent and evil ones.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"They are dipped in the Vats and the FEV changes them into Super Mutants. It does not kill them, unless I misunderstood that part. "

He commits mas murder. This is a fact proven over, and over again.

The West does unspeakable evil all the time, but we are the good guys, as long as we keep winning and write the history books.

If we were beaten by the old Soviet Union, or Islam or China replaces us later on, the winners will be the good guys and we will be the decadent and evil ones."

Idiotic people spot the above nonsense.

Klaz

Scholar
Davaris said:

If we were beaten by the old Soviet Union, or Islam or China replaces us later on, the winners will be the good guys and we will be the decadent and evil ones.

Do you really think you can simplify real life nations/people into "good guys" and "villains"? And even if you really think so, how does that relate to fictional characters?

Volourn said:
Osma Bin Laden & Hitler = Well Intentioned Extremists

LMFAO

P.S. Master's goal is to wipe out all humans, dip many into goo, and turn them into near mindless and ultra violent mutants. That is not an overall goal that a normal, sane person should beable to a''preciate in principle'. FFS :retarded:

Why kill himself then? He could still wipe out humanity using supermutants even with them being sterile.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
He commits mas murder. This is a fact proven over, and over again.

Lies. He dips people to make them into what he believes to be a superior race. He only kills those who oppose him directly, which is hardly a "mass"

But I guess this is also mass murder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silent_Holocaust

After all, you're mass murdering all those Jews that could be born if they would only do it among themselves. :roll:

And tell me Volourn, what do you think about the "zomg ud never undrastan y we kill all lief" aliens in ME? I have a feeling you think those are totally deep and entitled to what they do.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"Lies. He dips people to make them into what he believes to be a superior race. He only kills those who oppose him directly, which is hardly a "mass" "

Didm you even play the game? he, and his friends commit mass murders. And, they enjoy it.

"He dips people to make them into what he believes to be a superior race."

Kinda like Hitler - onyl difference is that Hitler didn't have the science to turn Jews into 'purebred Germs'.

Face it, The master is evil to the core. The fact he commits suicide onyl proves he's a coward who cna't handle failure.

The fact he believes that mutants are somehow 'superior' only proves his insanity. the fact that he commits mass murder, kindappings, complete extinction of the human race (though he fails), and complete utter destruction of all civilization shows his evilness.

Master is a fun villain; but he is evil.

"And tell me Volourn, what do you think about the "zomg ud never undrastan y we kill all lief" aliens in ME? I have a feeling you think those are totally deep and entitled to what they do."

Nope. If it is as satted in the games, the aliens are evil. but, unlike the Master we don't enccessarily have the entire story. But, as it is currently, they are evil as purposefulyl wiping out entire species is evil. Period.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So Volly tries to make the Master look like a pure evil character by comparing him to Hitler, even though Hitler was the good guy? :retarded:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Didm you even play the game? he, and his friends commit mass murders. And, they enjoy it.

What is that mass murder? Did he slaughter an entire city? Two? Three? How many? Show me the mass slaughter and I'll believe you!

The fact he believes that mutants are somehow 'superior' only proves his insanity.

They are superior in surviving the wasteland, which was the whole point.

but, unlike the Master we don't enccessarily have the entire story. But, as it is currently, they are evil

:lol:

However, if Bioware had given them a reason you'd maybe reconsider and think wiping out the entire life not only a race is good, while The Master if definitely evil, no questions asked?

Vibalist

Arcane
I can't believe Volourn fucked up the thread that's here in honor of Troika games with his inane shit.

FFS this is bullshit, it really is.

Texas Red

Whiner
Volourn said:
" Master isn't hurr durr evil plan at any cost kind of guy. The whole point of his plan is that mutants are superior to normals and they don't need the humans, at all. The only use of humans is to be turned into the superior race. Any correction to his plan that requires normals to be around is a failure of the plan and unacceptable."

The Master is evil. The fact people try to dispute this is bullshit. He mass murders people simply because they get in his way, he wants to murder an entire species - which, we in the real world tend to strongly disapprove of - and, he's all about power.

Evil to the core.

Neither the Master nor the Enclave are evil. The Wasteland is divided in to countless towns, factions and races that all compete against each other. Even small settlements have different people trying to gain power. Because of this there is constant violence and, since everyone has access to guns, no organization is able to bring unity. The Wasteland is a real shithole where nobody can lead a decent life without murder and suffering. To change this something drastic needs to be done and wiping out entire races, if it will bring unity and purpose, is better than centuries of warfare.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Davaris said:
Volourn said:
He was insanely evil. That's it that's all.

You make the Master seem like the simplest of comic book villians.

Everyone has a motivation, everyone who is ideologically driven, thinks they are in the right.
Which doesn't mean that they can't be insanely evil.

And yes, using force to turn people into mutants and murdering all these who resist is insanely evil. Get over it.

Dark Individual said:
Neither the Master nor the Enclave are evil. The Wasteland is divided in to countless towns, factions and races that all compete against each other. Even small settlements have different people trying to gain power. Because of this there is constant violence and, since everyone has access to guns, no organization is able to bring unity. The Wasteland is a real shithole where nobody can lead a decent life without murder and suffering. To change this something drastic needs to be done and wiping out entire races, if it will bring unity and purpose, is better than centuries of warfare.
And the Master and the Enclave are evil precisely because they are willing to do that. The potential beneficial effects of their actions on the future of humanity don't change the fact that they are insane evil tyrants. Simply the "greater good" doesn't erase the evil that they do to other human beings.

Tails

Arbiter
Awor Szurkrarz said:
And yes, using force to turn people into mutants and murdering all these who resist is insanely evil.
As Master said, those would oppose mutation would be castrated and left to be on wastelands.

Dark Individual said:
Neither the Master nor the Enclave are evil.
Enclave was evil, since President just wanted annihilate every living thing by using virus (if I recall good), so good old Americans could take over the world.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I love the smell of trolling in the morning.

Evening too.

Texas Red

Whiner
Tails said:
Awor Szurkrarz said:
And yes, using force to turn people into mutants and murdering all these who resist is insanely evil.
As Master said, those would oppose mutation would be castrated and left to be on wastelands.

Dark Individual said:
Neither the Master nor the Enclave are evil.
Enclave was evil, since President just wanted annihilate every living thing by using virus (if I recall good), so good old Americans could take over the world.

In the end more people will suffer and die because of factional warfare than if you'd erase them with a virus. There's no prosperity or purpose in the Wasteland. Everyone has guns and everyone uses them. This will lead to centuries of suffering.

If you have the means to change this and if you don't do anything instead, maybe that is evil.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
"What is that mass murder? Did he slaughter an entire city? Two? Three? How many? Show me the mass slaughter and I'll believe you! "

In fact, he wipes out entire cities, towns, and vaults if you let him. Fuckin' dumazz.

visions

Arcane
Dark Individual said:

In the end more people will suffer and die because of factional warfare than if you'd erase them with a virus. There's no prosperity or purpose in the Wasteland. Everyone has guns and everyone uses them. This will lead to centuries of suffering.

This is why I hate lawful good faggots.

Your interpretation of strife and suffering as something inherently bad/evil and fetishizing (yes I know, this word does not seem to exist, you get the point though) of "decent life" and prosperity seem almost pathological to me.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom