Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Company News ToEE was Atari's best selling PC CRPG last year

Spazmo

Erudite
Agreed. It's not like ToEE had much competition from Atari PC games, either. I'd like to see some actual numbers for how much ToEE sold.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
I wish it had sold a ton. If it would have sold a bunch, there would be another game coming out with that same game engine, and hopefully a better story and larger game world. That game engine rocked, but I think the game was a financial failure, and I know it failed in most of its reviews. It's a shame. I wish we had the numbers for how many it sold. Has anyone looked over that 200 page document to see if Atari put the numbers in there?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
No, i haven't. i don't even know if the quote at RPGDot is accurate 'cause as soon as I saw the sapm passed as a document I clicked off.

Dhruin

Liturgist
There were no numbers (as the original newsbit specifies). Just a list of their top 25 games for that financial year across all platforms, along with genre and release date. I didn't think the comparison between ToEE and NWN expansions was all that interesting - more that given Atari's size I was a little surprised to see these CRPGs ranking in those positions, including against console "competition". However, for all I know they only sold 10 copies - it doesn't say.

BTW, of course it's news. Seems like there's a bit of interest as well. :)

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Who you replying too? Not me. I never said this wasn't news. Must be the whip...

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Volourn said:
300-500k is my guess out of the blue just for fun.

Your wrong fagget.

Just because its above an OMG LEWL BIOWERE expansion doesnt automatically make it in 250k region. I'm guessing it did about 100k-150k.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You only wish I was a "faggot"; lover boy. Let's go have sex. kthnxbye.

Jed

Cipher
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Volourn said:

Your wrong fagget.

Just because its above an OMG LEWL BIOWERE expansion doesnt automatically make it in 250k region. I'm guessing it did about 100k-150k.
Moron, haven't you been tracking recent developments?

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Voss said:
By the by, Fallout, system shock, and Deus Ex aren't anymore science-fiction by the purist definition than D&D. Fluff pseudo science justifies all. Intentionally so in Fallouts case.

They're pretty sci-fi to me. It isn't as if there's some magical explanation about how magic ripped through the world and gave Shodan life. It's explained. It's crazy and would -probably- never happen in real life, but it's a possibility. That's science fiction for ya. Nanotechnology isn't unthinkable, either - so Deus Ex's scenario is more than possible in the future. As for Fallout, it's based on 50s sci-fi. It might not make any sense now, having mutants and such, but back then, people thought it was possible.

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
xJEDx said:
POOPERSCOOPER said:
Volourn said:

Your wrong fagget.

Moron, haven't you been tracking recent developments?

Oh ya I forgot, EVERY EXPANSION PACK SELLS EXACTLY 1/3 OF THE ORIGINAL. Why take reason when we have TEH FORUMLA?

Volourn

Pretty Princess
You are stupid. even stupider than me. That's saying a lot.

And, oh btw, why do you? Not every expansion onyl sales about a 1/3. I pointed out that the Bg expansions sold about a 1/3. I also pointed pout that most likely expansiosn for D2,a dn the Sims probably did much better. So, again, why do ya lie?

I know why.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Enjoy. :lol:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I've shared it many times on many boards. If at least one person would actually remember it they'd probably figure out exactly what my sex is. I'm not gonna ruin the fun though as all the attention amuses me. :D

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Whatever you say, Theodore Bouchard.

There's also this, which proves that you're white trash.
volourn.gif

POOPERSCOOPER

Prophet
Volourn said:
You are stupid. even stupider than me. That's saying a lot.

And, oh btw, why do you? Not every expansion onyl sales about a 1/3. I pointed out that the Bg expansions sold about a 1/3. I also pointed pout that most likely expansiosn for D2,a dn the Sims probably did much better. So, again, why do ya lie?

I know why.

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

Enjoy. :lol:

Perhaps i should put in the :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: when I do sarcasm so kids dont get lost.

If that wasnt it then what is xJEDx talking about?

Human Shield

Augur
Science fiction comes from our ideas and hopes about science. Fantasy comes from beyond known natural bounds.

Science fiction changes over time when new things come out. Science fiction attempts to justify things with science laws that we hold on to today, fantasy doesn't. Star Wars pushes it with "the force" but psychic powers have been thrown into sci-fi settings. Fantasy has magic that is works beyond natural laws, nanotechnology that does the same thing would attempt to explain it with science ideas.

If it just exists, it is fantasy.
If it is explained in current science terms (somewhat fudged) it is sci-fi.

Fantasy adds new elements to reality, sci-fi tries to extend our own. It is the way it treats reality.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Ex: OMG OMG I like wrestling. The horror of it all espicially consideirng I've stated that alreayd lots. OMG OMG You foudn something out that wans't even a secret. LMAO LMAO OMG OMG

Didn't know watching and enjoyingw restling makes one white trash. Heck, many of the "elite" actually watch wrestling. then again, this is coming from eEx who love babes with 2 dicks. LOLOLOLLIPOP

Though it sad you bothered to do 'research" me. Not exactly the most important subject to waste time. Lame.

Tri: Go ahead. I already have. :cool:

Poop: Ask X.

Anonymous

I thought you said you wernt a faggot, then you go and say you like wrestling, what the bananas, make up your mind.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom