Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

This site was special because anybody could say anything they wanted but I see this site taking on more of a filtering and censorship role

RolePlayer

Augur
What's with the new posters having to go through approval period? Is this site a wannabe Reddit or Facebook now? It's stupid to censor posters and lock the gate and not allow the free flow of ideas

there's a lot of newbies out there who won't post now because they don't want to bother going through the mandatory probationary period and we all miss out on good new content as a result.

If people spam with new accounts you just ban them or we use the community tools to ignore them I don't see what the big fucking deal is

Just the fact that I need to publish this opinion is already a loss.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
New posts get approved sometimes within minutes. If there's no one online to approve them at most it takes until the next day.

Gigantic nothingburger.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
What's with the new posters having to go through approval period? Is this site a wannabe Reddit or Facebook now? It's stupid to censor posters and lock the gate and not allow the free flow of ideas

there's a lot of newbies out there who won't post now because they don't want to bother going through the mandatory probationary period and we all miss out on good new content as a result.

If people spam with new accounts you just ban them or we use the community tools to ignore them I don't see what the big fucking deal is

Just the fact that I need to publish this opinion is already a loss.
did you just wake up from your sleep grandpa? how about another nap

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
And then they make a new account and spam and we ban that one too.

At least this way, we know they're alts at the door. And if they try spamming, it doesn't go anywhere.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Shedding a tear for the hundreds of "Does this game haz niggerz?" posts people never got to see because of this feature.
1692002744861.png

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The HQ also uses this feature. You really don't want to see the flood of spam that would happen if this were turned off. The internet isn't what it was in the 90s/00s.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
If I am not mistaken, and I am very often mistaken, I had to wait an entire year before I was allowed to post when I joined. It was worth the wait.
A year to post in Codex's toilet section, normal gaming parts you can post from the moment you start

If I am not mistaken, and I am very often mistaken, I had to wait an entire year before I was allowed to post when I joined. It was worth the wait.
A year to post in Codex's toilet section, normal gaming parts you can post from the moment you start
Yeah like I think it was a year before you have full privileges. At least I think it was Codex, my memory isn't so great these days.

gaming drama subforum exists to signal your virtue since day1
Oh you are like allowed to post in some parts or something, is that correct? I actually still do not have full access to all the threads for some reason.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Oh you are like allowed to post in some parts or something, is that correct? I actually still do not have full access to all the threads for some reason.
Weird, you should have. Did you get banned from some sections for posting something particularly edgy?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
While I was on probation period in 2014, I used to post in a thread that was very quick. So by the time my post got approved, it appeared 10 pages behind and nobody saw it. It felt ridiculous, like talking to myself. I agree, let people post. Disallow new threads if you want before approval.

Weird, you should have. Did you get banned from some sections for posting something particularly edgy?
No never. Some threads have this:

UqiKOE9.png

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's likely in retardo land, where threads too dumb even for the codex go to die. Nobody can reply to those, except maybe admins

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's likely in retardo land, where threads too dumb even for the codex go to die. Nobody can reply to those, except maybe admins

That's indeed a retardo sticky.

Edit: Liberal is upset for some strange reason.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom