Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate So... Which Studio Should Replace Larian As The Developer of Baldur's Gate 4?

Who Should Hasbro Pick to Develop Baldur's Gate 4?

• Obsidian (Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity)

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Inxile (Wasteland 2 and 3)

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • Owlcat Games (Pathfinders Kingmaker and Wrath of the Righteous, Warhammer 40k Rogue Trader)

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • Bioware

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • Others

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • KIngcomrade

Votes: 47 38.2%

• Total voters

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Foulcat Gays. Because let's hit every rock of wokeness while falling from the mountain.

scytheavatar

Scholar
Codex, Owlcat is not that big of a studio. A BG4 from them is going to look like indie shit in comparison to BG3. Obsidian making this game won't be any better cause they are struggling now even to make a medieval The Outer Worlds. And this really is why WOTC is fucked.

If I am a WOTC executive in charge I won't even consider making a BG4. I would push to make a smaller game like a Curse of Strahd game.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Codex, Owlcat is not that big of a studio. A BG4 from them is going to look like indie shit in comparison to BG3. Obsidian making this game won't be any better cause they are struggling now even to make a medieval The Outer Worlds. And this really is why WOTC is fucked.

If I am a WOTC executive in charge I won't even consider making a BG4. I would push to make a smaller game like a Curse of Strahd game.

Owlcats making BG4 would look a lot more like IWD3 or Pathfinder 3 and that'd be great.

Obsidian making BG4 would look like Pillars of Banality 3 if they can get Sawyer to do it. Worse if they can't.

scytheavatar

Scholar

Owlcats making BG4 would look a lot more like IWD3 or Pathfinder 3 and that'd be great.

Great maybe to the codex audience....... maybe to the 1-2 million people who would buy the game. To the mass majority of the 15-20 million people who brought BG3 it will look like a joke.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Great maybe to the codex audience....... maybe to the 1-2 million people who would buy the game. To the mass majority of the 15-20 million people who brought BG3 it will look like a joke.
That was partially my point. Anyway, I don't care what the romancefags want to play. :lol:

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Actually, I forgot I can't make an rpg right now because I have a real job so this developer can make the game. They already have a strong following of both little girls and the criminally autistic so they will be perfect candidates to develop a sequel to that travesty.

Skinwalker

*teleports between you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Codex, Owlcat is not that big of a studio. A BG4 from them is going to look like indie shit in comparison to BG3.
BG3 already looks like indie shit. And Foulcrap has already shat out two massive woke pieces of shit, so a Forgotten Realms-style turd would be well within their repertoire.

Maybe they'll get hired to make some expansions for Bearsex Gays 3, since Latrine has declined.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
They were robbed once, now they're back with a vengeance. Rip n Tear.

Beamdog-Logo-2015.png

Reinhardt

Arcane
overhype. i trust them to make it proper combatfag game.
imagine lone wolf start but with dungeons and shieeeeet. i just ejaculated.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Baldur's Gate 4 is very likely to expand on romances, cinematic cut-scenes and stupid zany jokes. It's not worth getting even remotely excited for.
Yes, which is why WotC will deliver a contract for Baldur's Gate 4 to whichever game-development studio is best prepared to surpass Larian's capabilities by implementing the motion-captured bear-buggery the Forgotten Realms has always yearned for.

gtrduv.png

I’d kind of just expect a Baldur’s Gate 4 to be set up as some scenario you can get in D&D digital to help push their upcoming D&D digital platform.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Hopefully Obsidian because it would be funny to see infinitron and roguey(nothing personal you're just the biggest obsidian fans I can think of) cope about bg4 struggling to sell 500k copies after bg3 sold like 20 million.

fangirls/shills

nothing more adorable than believing u befriended someone from the industry

Gandalf

Arbiter
No mortal studio is worthy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom