Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Skyrim is worse than Oblivion in every way

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You can also just stop posting instead. You're really not such a special snowflake. Nobody will remember you by Friday.

This. If you keep posting it will go from an amusing bit of codex drama to an immortalised retardo land sticky.

Cadmus

Arcane
You can also just stop posting instead. You're really not such a special snowflake. Nobody will remember you by Friday.

This. If you keep posting it will go from an amusing bit of codex drama to an immortalised retardo land sticky.
Are you telling me that all this effort will go to waste and this won't be among the crown jewels of the retardo land?

Last edited:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I only respond because I want this thread to stop.

old-man-laughing.jpg

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Are you telling me that all this effort will go to waste and this won't be among the crown jewels of the retardo land?

Depends on how much of a kill joy (heh) xkilljoy is.

DraQ

Arcane

It's "multiheaded jewels".

Beastro

Arcane
True enough. I guess if you spend enough time pretending to be a certain person you might one day wake up and realise that that is who you became. :p

It's more the fun to time ratio. Investing a little time into a troll produces hilarious results at times, but if you're going into months and years to set one up it's showing a very dark, sad side to you that completely defeats the purpose.

If this guy, or anyone else, trolls me after creating such a back history for doxxing to find, then I don't care being taken. It's no skin off my nose and the jokes on them.

And responding in the way you do only continues it, because of how you approach doing that. How you do it not only gets a laugh here and encourages others to pester you, you do it in a way that underlines your immaturity.

Whether or not you are who you are, I don't care. Fact is making a big deal of yourself annoys people and encourages them to take you down a peg and that's what you're doing here, a forum that is especially acerbic and combative. Best thing you can do is be casual his insults and be understating about things about yourself that gets the information across and doesn't do so in a way that puts your neck in noose when it annoys others.

Why?, because we have opposing views and I am my own person, you are not me, you shouldn't judge me, so leave me alone.

How is that grounds for someone to not judge you? Why is judgement so wrong?

I find that sentiment amusing these days because both that word and discrimination have taken on negative connotation when mere decades ago they were positive things that reflected a sharp, discerning mind.

I'm reminded of an old coffee add from, I think Folgers's Crystals, which appealed to a persons ego by saying discriminating coffee lovers preferred their stuff. The use of that word, and judgement as well, not to long ago meant someone with a good eye that was smart and had standards, which I guess the underlying sentiment these days, is for people to not be those things because it makes others feel bad, which is crap.

Opposing views doesn't mean one shouldn't judge. That I am not you, doesn't mean one shouldn't judge you. That you demand people shouldn't judge you doesn't mean one shouldn't judge you. Everybody likes to talk about shit like rights these days, plastering that label on everything, but the fact is, things like judgement go beyond that kind of thing, it's what we all do innately are living beings and you right now today and constantly making judgements about others without realizing it.

It isn't wrong to judge, it's how we handle our conclusions and try not to stray into being overcritical, which this board as a whole has at times falling into petty snobbery. To be without judgement is to have no sense and be a blind fool.

But back at hand, you need to elaborate exactly why people shouldn't judge you - does it make you feel bad? If so why? Is it over things you feel you have no control over? If so why? You're going to have to think about those because just yelling at people to not judge isn't going to warm their hearts and it most likely going to get them spiteful and doing it simply because you commanded them not to in a recalcitrant way.

Leave you alone? AFAIK, you're the one that came to this board and spilled your private details about your sexual problems on here. Why should others leave you alone when you made it clear you don't want to be left alone?

If you all were truly mature, then you wouldn't make fun of me and harass me.

This site is about something which is pretty much a lingering interest from our childhood. No matter how people try to treat the subjects on here in a mature manner, the zeitgeist of this place is one that mirrors being a kid arguing over things we like and like differently. It's also a place to relax, and on top of that, vent about shit that pisses each of us off, which given the way message boards go, has evolved something of a common consensus in many places, and it seems that for many, the things you constantly bring up about your private life, and the way you handle your reactions to them, are issues many find a common thing to grind on about, if only in this thread.

Please, forget I ever came to this website and go back to talking about TES and skyrim.

Again, you command without winning even a ounce of respect from people here to do so.

You cannot demand that of people, all you can do is focus on what you control and that is to simply stop posting here for a long while and let this topic die.

Please, leave me alone. If there is someone in charge, please delete this thread or the last few pages of posts and just leave me alone.

Site doesn't work that way. As immature a ton as the board has, the unspoken assumption is that we're all old and mature enough to handle whatever comes our way here and either deal with it or ignore it. No one will coddle you here, and if anyone did, it would only make you more of a target.

I leave and yet you continue to talk about and make fun of me, please I'm begging you, if anyone here has any sense of compassion what so ever, please, leave me alone.

Yes, because you keep coming back. If you're saying you're leaving, walk out the door only to peek an eye through the crack to see what we're talking about, then you haven't left at all.

I'll also remind you that this is something kids do. A child worries about what others think of them to this degree, an adult doesn't give a fuck because they've live long enough to be sure of themselves or aware enough to hide their vulnerabilities from the scrutiny of a message board.

I don't expect this comment to do anything, but just please leave me alone and stop talking about me.

No comment will accomplish that, only your long term absence will.

So what exactly would you call this moment if not naive?

Anyway troll or not, I wish you teh best. Don't take the interwebs so seriously.

I call it desperation.

I just want to be left alone, I don't take criticism easily, I don't like being harassed, please just leave me alone.

Edit: One more thing.

I have a little fact about life: No one takes criticism easily, to being with. The only way we gain a thick skin and learn to deal with others having an opinion about things different from our own is to expose ourselves to said opinions and take our time to focus on how we react and change that reaction.

Coddling yourself far away from criticism will keep you from that pain, but that pain will come right back the moment you leave that little safe space, and you'll do so at an age where people will find handling criticism poorly less excusable than if you were a kid who is expected to be too ignorant to know any better.

And yes, the fundamental quality of a child is to be naive and ignorant, you haven't lived long enough to wisen up. It has little to do with intelligence and everything to do with the W word I just used - wisdom, which cannot be taught in any classroom or by any teacher, it comes with time.

So save yourself a lot of trouble later, and spoon feed yourself opinions that you don't like. If you don't you'll be suffering from the mental equivalent of saving to do hard manual labour with uncalloused hands that haven't done a days work - they'll bleed rivers of blood.

I want this thread to stop, but I also want the people posting to stop talking about me.

Then stop talking to them!

For the rest reading the post, I find a calm, dissecting manner the best approach to dealing with a suspected troll. Whether they are one or not, it doesn't wind up being too overly harsh with someone if they're genuine, while it robs the troll of what they come looking for, drama and riling you up - a step to be taken before refusing a trolls bait is to offer them a fish they find unpalatable.

Last edited:

MWaser

Arbiter
Why not be harsh, even if it is genuine? It builds character, and if they are truly mature they should be able to shrug off what mean people on the internet tell them.

Beastro

Arcane
Why not be harsh, even if it is genuine? It builds character, and if they are truly mature they should be able to shrug off what mean people on the internet tell them.

That touches on why bullying isn't good, but it is necessary for kids development to learn how to handle hostility and assholes later in life.

Instead of doing zero tolerance crap at schools, they should be encouraging kids to form up, identify and shut down bullys themselves.

I love you Beastro you taught me so much about the nature of this site.

That parts prolly gibberish for all I know. I got back from blood work I needed to fast for. Was struggling to try to get that point out.

MWaser

Arbiter

That touches on why bullying isn't good, but it is necessary for kids development to learn how to handle hostility and assholes later in life.
Well, kids aren't mature though. That makes them more emotionally vulnerable.

DraQ

Arcane
True enough. I guess if you spend enough time pretending to be a certain person you might one day wake up and realise that that is who you became. :p

It's more the fun to time ratio. Investing a little time into a troll produces hilarious results at times, but if you're going into months and years to set one up it's showing a very dark, sad side to you that completely defeats the purpose.

If this guy, or anyone else, trolls me after creating such a back history for doxxing to find, then I don't care being taken. It's no skin off my nose and the jokes on them.

And responding in the way you do only continues it, because of how you approach doing that. How you do it not only gets a laugh here and encourages others to pester you, you do it in a way that underlines your immaturity.

Whether or not you are who you are, I don't care. Fact is making a big deal of yourself annoys people and encourages them to take you down a peg and that's what you're doing here, a forum that is especially acerbic and combative. Best thing you can do is be casual his insults and be understating about things about yourself that gets the information across and doesn't do so in a way that puts your neck in noose when it annoys others.

Why?, because we have opposing views and I am my own person, you are not me, you shouldn't judge me, so leave me alone.

How is that grounds for someone to not judge you? Why is judgement so wrong?

I find that sentiment amusing these days because both that word and discrimination have taken on negative connotation when mere decades ago they were positive things that reflected a sharp, discerning mind.

I'm reminded of an old coffee add from, I think Folgers's Crystals, which appealed to a persons ego by saying discriminating coffee lovers preferred their stuff. The use of that word, and judgement as well, not to long ago meant someone with a good eye that was smart and had standards, which I guess the underlying sentiment these days, is for people to not be those things because it makes others feel bad, which is crap.

Opposing views doesn't mean one shouldn't judge. That I am not you, doesn't mean one shouldn't judge you. That you demand people shouldn't judge you doesn't mean one shouldn't judge you. Everybody likes to talk about shit like rights these days, plastering that label on everything, but the fact is, things like judgement go beyond that kind of thing, it's what we all do innately are living beings and you right now today and constantly making judgements about others without realizing it.

It isn't wrong to judge, it's how we handle our conclusions and try not to stray into being overcritical, which this board as a whole has at times falling into petty snobbery. To be without judgement is to have no sense and be a blind fool.

But back at hand, you need to elaborate exactly why people shouldn't judge you - does it make you feel bad? If so why? Is it over things you feel you have no control over? If so why? You're going to have to think about those because just yelling at people to not judge isn't going to warm their hearts and it most likely going to get them spiteful and doing it simply because you commanded them not to in a recalcitrant way.

Leave you alone? AFAIK, you're the one that came to this board and spilled your private details about your sexual problems on here. Why should others leave you alone when you made it clear you don't want to be left alone?

If you all were truly mature, then you wouldn't make fun of me and harass me.

This site is about something which is pretty much a lingering interest from our childhood. No matter how people try to treat the subjects on here in a mature manner, the zeitgeist of this place is one that mirrors being a kid arguing over things we like and like differently. It's also a place to relax, and on top of that, vent about shit that pisses each of us off, which given the way message boards go, has evolved something of a common consensus in many places, and it seems that for many, the things you constantly bring up about your private life, and the way you handle your reactions to them, are issues many find a common thing to grind on about, if only in this thread.

Please, forget I ever came to this website and go back to talking about TES and skyrim.

Again, you command without winning even a ounce of respect from people here to do so.

You cannot demand that of people, all you can do is focus on what you control and that is to simply stop posting here for a long while and let this topic die.

Please, leave me alone. If there is someone in charge, please delete this thread or the last few pages of posts and just leave me alone.

Site doesn't work that way. As immature a ton as the board has, the unspoken assumption is that we're all old and mature enough to handle whatever comes our way here and either deal with it or ignore it. No one will coddle you here, and if anyone did, it would only make you more of a target.

I leave and yet you continue to talk about and make fun of me, please I'm begging you, if anyone here has any sense of compassion what so ever, please, leave me alone.

Yes, because you keep coming back. If you're saying you're leaving, walk out the door only to peek an eye through the crack to see what we're talking about, then you haven't left at all.

I'll also remind you that this is something kids do. A child worries about what others think of them to this degree, an adult doesn't give a fuck because they've live long enough to be sure of themselves or aware enough to hide their vulnerabilities from the scrutiny of a message board.

I don't expect this comment to do anything, but just please leave me alone and stop talking about me.

No comment will accomplish that, only your long term absence will.

So what exactly would you call this moment if not naive?

Anyway troll or not, I wish you teh best. Don't take the interwebs so seriously.

I call it desperation.

I just want to be left alone, I don't take criticism easily, I don't like being harassed, please just leave me alone.

Edit: One more thing.

I have a little fact about life: No one takes criticism easily, to being with. The only way we gain a thick skin and learn to deal with others having an opinion about things different from our own is to expose ourselves to said opinions and take our time to focus on how we react and change that reaction.

Coddling yourself far away from criticism will keep you from that pain, but that pain will come right back the moment you leave that little safe space, and you'll do so at an age where people will find handling criticism poorly less excusable than if you were a kid who is expected to be too ignorant to know any better.

And yes, the fundamental quality of a child is to be naive and ignorant, you haven't lived long enough to wisen up. It has little to do with intelligence and everything to do with the W word I just used - wisdom, which cannot be taught in any classroom or by any teacher, it comes with time.

So save yourself a lot of trouble later, and spoon feed yourself opinions that you don't like. If you don't you'll be suffering from the mental equivalent of saving to do hard manual labour with uncalloused hands that haven't done a days work - they'll bleed rivers of blood.

I want this thread to stop, but I also want the people posting to stop talking about me.

Then stop talking to them!

For the rest reading the post, I find a calm, dissecting manner the best approach to dealing with a suspected troll. Whether they are one or not, it doesn't wind up being too overly harsh with someone if they're genuine, while it robs the troll of what they come looking for, drama and riling you up - a step to be taken before refusing a trolls bait is to offer them a fish they find unpalatable.
:salute:

Stargazer_

Tranny-dude a good reason to stop is people like me will fuck with you with no remorse heck eject from this site because you cannot handle the Dex bruh, if you can't handle simple vile response imaging responses from more vile codex posters like somberlain, cleve, and heck even mondblut (who's a totally cool by the way) will not be afraid to violate you emotionally. You see how often this site rant about the "niggers" in a nonchalant fashion and insult kikes (master ace represent!!) like we where on /pol/. Nobody gives a fuck about your feelings especially in a mostly anonymous forum your better off going back to tumblr lest you deal with incessant comments about your degeneracy from the wcds.

typical user

Arbiter
Maybe let's back on the thread? I haven't played Oblivion but from what I saw in Fallout 3 I think Skyrim is overall a better game. Just because it doesn't have atrocious faces, animations aren't janky and it is overall newer game? Of course it's worse RPG if we consider Bethesda games as RPGs but I would rather have more polished hiking simulator with sprint button and actual catmen than horrid graphical puke playing like a game from 1990s even when it got released in 2006 or around. I can't speak for mods but you can fix Skyrim to a degree it has fairly enjoyable melee combat - ranged archery/magic is broken because of stupid level design IMO.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Shit games attracted poor retarded boy. I even pity him. Still laughed like mad, I love you, Codex.

One of the great things about them in MM is that when you got to the monsters in MM2 that could only be hurt by males you regretted the rash choices of your youth.
There are monsters that can be hurt only by specific gender? Sirens, perchance?

SquidLord

Educated
Shit games attracted poor retarded boy. I even pity him. Still laughed like mad, I love you, Codex.

One of the great things about them in MM is that when you got to the monsters in MM2 that could only be hurt by males you regretted the rash choices of your youth.
There are monsters that can be hurt only by specific gender? Sirens, perchance?

I don't remember them all, I Think yes Sirens and Succubus can only be hurt by women and there are White Knights that can only be damaged by men. There are probably others.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
I don't remember them all, I Think yes Sirens and Succubus can only be hurt by women and there are White Knights that can only be damaged by men. There are probably others.
I'm glad that Dancing Sword is not discriminates, then. It was my first answer to any big encounter. :M

DraQ

Arcane
Maybe let's back on the thread? I haven't played Oblivion but from what I saw in Fallout 3 I think Skyrim is overall a better game. Just because it doesn't have atrocious faces, animations aren't janky and it is overall newer game? Of course it's worse RPG if we consider Bethesda games as RPGs but I would rather have more polished hiking simulator with sprint button and actual catmen than horrid graphical puke playing like a game from 1990s even when it got released in 2006 or around. I can't speak for mods but you can fix Skyrim to a degree it has fairly enjoyable melee combat - ranged archery/magic is broken because of stupid level design IMO.
Yawn.

The OP was either a troll or genuinely retarded - I don't even remember which and CBA to backtrack.
Obviously Skyrim is a far, far better game, far, far better TES and, despite more dumbed down mechanics, far, far better RPG than Oblivion:
  • For starters Skyrim is, even in its vanilla state, not a bad game while Oblivion was absolutely abominable.
  • For all its faults Skyrim looks like a genuine attempt at TES game, rather than terminally bland, generic aRPG with TES label slapped on for marketing reasons.
  • Skyrim looks like there was genuine effort and thought put into it, while Oblivion looks like none of the devs gave a flying fuck about what they were making.
  • Skyrim, even in its vanilla state has much less glaring level scaling.
  • Skyrim has genuine decisions to be made, both in its quests and in terms of character building which automatically makes it a superior RPG.
  • Skyrim's gameplay mechanics more or less works and is enjoyable, Oblivion, past few initial levels became a pointless exercise in tedium no matter what you did.
  • Skyrim has actual art direction and actually qualified artists doing the content, in Oblivion both looked like done by Prosper, or, at best, Bethesda's janitor.
  • Skyrim has far more overall cohesion, both internal and in terms of preexisting lore consistency.
  • Skyrim has far more actual diversity as far as content goes, in regards to basically everything.
Now, if you mod Skyrim properly, not even with that many mods, it turns from good-for-what-it-is to genuinely superb, while it takes inhuman modding effort to get OB to even where vanilla Skyrim is (I discount TCs for obvious reasons).

Since I've already discussed pretty much every single of those points in detail in this very thread (IIRC) forgive me if I don't elaborate - I have a lot of :avatard:to catch up to here, it seems.

roll-a-die

Magister
Okay I see now why a post I made like 5 years ago got brofisted by DraQ now. Jesus I was like, "What am I reading, oh god this has terrible grammar, why did I even post this?" Then I remembered that was when I browsed the Codex exclusively at like 4AM after not sleeping for 2 days, and didn't give a fuck about anything anymore. It was also when I was pretending to be some kind of rocket surgeon or something.

In general, the poster of this was absolutely dumb, and only occasionally had anything interesting to say. Low quality trolling was common on the Codex in those days.

Kalon

Scholar
Yawn.

The OP was either a troll or genuinely retarded - I don't even remember which and CBA to backtrack.
Obviously Skyrim is a far, far better game, far, far better TES and, despite more dumbed down mechanics, far, far better RPG than Oblivion:

As much as I agree with all the points you made, you have to concede that there are quite many people who actually prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. Because they first played Oblivion and are used to its mechanics, or because they genuinely prefer the overall tone and settings of Oblivion's game world.

DraQ

Arcane
As much as I agree with all the points you made, you have to concede that there are quite many people who actually prefer Oblivion to Skyrim. Because they first played Oblivion and are used to its mechanics, or because they genuinely prefer the overall tone and settings of Oblivion's game world.
Yes. Those people are collectively referred to as "morons".
:obviously:
Just like people who prefer Oblivion to Morrowind or Daggerfall.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom