Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Zariusz

Arbiter

The whole loading screen thing is hard-coded, so while I understand the idea, right now I have no idea on how to do this.
You are one of the modders behind that Prelude mod, right? I was wondering if part II will be longer than the first one or is it going to be simillar in length?

Wesp5

Arcane
You are one of the modders behind that Prelude mod, right? I was wondering if part II will be longer than the first one or is it going to be simillar in length?

Part II will be much longer than part I and it will even have it's own hub! We are nearing beta now, with almost only some of the dialogues missing...

Zariusz

Arbiter

Part II will be much longer than part I and it will even have it's own hub! We are nearing beta now, with almost only some of the dialogues missing...
Is it going to be more open than Part 1? Also any plans to use that Ai voice stuff for some character dialogues?

Wesp5

Arcane
Is it going to be more open than Part 1? Also any plans to use that Ai voice stuff for some character dialogues?

Yes, it is going to be much more open. At the moment just writing the dialogues is our main problem as we are no native English speakers. We will think about using AI voices once the whole thing is finished!

Zariusz

Arbiter

Yes, it is going to be much more open. At the moment just writing the dialogues is our main problem as we are no native English speakers. We will think about using AI voices once the whole thing is finished!
Nice!
While i kinda wish that we could continue playing as a vampire hunter i like the premise of a vampire with inner conflict that is simillar to the base game but with a spin of its own, should he continue cling not only to his humanity but also his faith or to completly fall to his new state. I wonder how all of this will end, tragic death or our protag is going to be revealed as some character from the VTMB, Chronicles of Myrtana style.

Any plans to enchance later Prelude 1 in some form? Like ability to choose character model, expanded areas or smt like that, also how many parts you have planned for this mod?. While my knowledge about VTMB mods is not really deep i was wondering why there is no total conversions for it, like for example for Deus Ex. I can only guess that's because of bugs in the engine, hardcoded stuff or lack of modding tools but on the other hand, VTMB engine is Source based, and Source is moddable as fuck as far as i know and we are after almost 20 years of bug fixes so that is still weird for me.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
I wonder how all of this will end, tragic death or our protag is going to be revealed as some character from the VTMB, Chronicles of Myrtana style.
We really wanted to have a connection to Bloodlines and while EntenSchreck originally wanted the Prelude player to be the Sire of the Bloodlines player, I voted against it as I hate games where you are forced to die at the end without being able to do something about it! So right now the idea is that the Prelude player writes the cryptic emails that the Bloodlines player gets.

Any plans to enchance later Prelude 1 in some form? Like ability to choose character model, expanded areas or smt like that, also how many parts you have planned for this mod?.

We have three parts planned and yes, EntenSchreck already has additional levels in mind for Prelude 1. Until then you can play as a hunter in the Unofficial Patch if that is your taste!

While my knowledge about VTMB mods is not really deep i was wondering why there is no total conversions for it, like for example for Deus Ex.

Some things are not doable in the alpha Source engine of Bloodlines, like editing model animations, but it is indeed very mod friendly. Besides the Prelude there already is the War Games mod, which is kind of a Total Conversion playing in different cities at a different time! The main problem I see is that the community is so small, like while I get tenthousands of downloads for each new patch release, these mods only get hundreds which lowers motivation to create something completely new...

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
Wesp5 , but I have to ask (while hating myself for it)...... do you have any clue about what Lenusk@ has been up to lately? :M

Sadly no. I heard rumours on Planet Vampire though that she is still working on a new version of the Antitribu Mod!

Learned
Hey Werner, is it possible to get rid of the crosshair somehow? There's a command to hide the whole HUD but I want to keep the rest if possible, and crosshair 0 doesn't work.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Hey Werner, is it possible to get rid of the crosshair somehow? There's a command to hide the whole HUD but I want to keep the rest if possible, and crosshair 0 doesn't work.
> Wesp
> Malkavian: "Hey Werner"

Wesp5

Arcane
Sorry, but I don't know an easy way to do that. You could probably replace the graphics themselves with something transparent...

Semiurge

Cipher
> Wesp
> Malkavian: "Hey Werner"

> Wesp: "There's only one part of my body that I don't want anybody entering, and that's my head. That other name... never say it again. It belongs to a dead kraut."

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Wesp5,

How does Bloodlines manage to look so amazing? Street and building lights are so beautiful. Could you describe Troika's night lighting renderer in some detail, please? This is for my own gamedev purposes.

Wesp5

Arcane
How does Bloodlines manage to look so amazing? Street and building lights are so beautiful. Could you describe Troika's night lighting renderer in some detail, please?

Honestly, I have no idea. As far as I know Troika used an alpha of the HL2 Source engine and the same Hammer editor as HL2 to build the maps.

jungl

Augur
I don't blame the AI. Some of the character have very cartoony faces like the blonde vamp where interpreting what she look like next gen life like graphics is up for grabs.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks like we are getting bloodlines remaster before 2 boys.
Some amazing stuff there. It struck me as weird that they show off that dirty oven 0:12 "Look we cleaned the oven guys! Now you don't have to look at that dirty one they forgot to clean in the original game"
Not sure why anyone would even want a graphic remaster but still geez technology is somethin' eh?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom