Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rank all BioWare games

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Do it niggers.

I'm finishing up DA:O and considering what to play next.

Humanophage

Arcane
1. Baldur's Gate 1 +Add-Ons (not that important)
2. Baldur's Gate 2 (add-on is subpar)
3. Neverwinter Nights 1 + Add-Ons (very important)
4. KOTOR 1
5. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
6. Dragon Age: Origins
7. Jade Empire
whatever

janior

Arcane
Patron
5sDiQvl.png

9ted6

Educated
S: None
A: BG1 + BG2, ME1*, DA:O*
B: NWN, KOTOR
C: ME2
D: ME3, DA2, Jade Empire
F: Everything else they've made or are going to make
*Less replayable than BG1/2, especially ME1, might drop a letter grade with subsequent playthroughs.

Iucounu

Educated
Release order.
I had good experience playing Mass Effect 2 before ME1. The Mass Effect 2 plot is basically an interlude between ME1 and ME3, and many seem to be annoyed by that. By playing ME2 first such disappointment is avoided, and on its own I think it's just as good as the other two.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
  1. BG2 and 1 - Masterpiece
  2. NWN1 - Amazing mainly with mods
  3. SW:Kotor
  4. DA:O
  5. Jade Empire
  6. Ass effect 1
  7. Ass effect 2
  8. Everything else is shit.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Here's what I like:
Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 (and TOB), Neverwinter Nights, Kotor, Dragon Age:Origins, MDK2 (not an RPG, you said games).
That's about it.

Martyr

Arcane
while I think that none of them are particularly good, there's some of them that I enjoyed nonetheless:

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 are good. KOTOR was a Star Wars fanboys dream come true, but the game itself isn't that great.
Mass Effect was somewhat nice. I liked exploration in the huge levels of ME: Andromeda.
in Jade Empire I loved the setting and in NWN I loved the atmosphere. DA2 reminded me of NWN and I liked the story.
Dragon Age: Origin was objectively better than DA2, but I still have PTSD from the deep roads.
Mass Effect 2 was abysmal and I stopped playing ME3 after 20 minutes.

TL;DR:

BG1 > BG2 > DA:O > NWN > SW:KOTOR > ME/ ME:A/ DA2/ Jade Empire >>>>>>>>>>> ME2
the rest I didn't play.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom