Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults - co-op hack & slash from BKOM Studios

mondblut

Arcane
Would be good to see a more open-ended, open-world PF CRPG as opposed to the story-focused KM/WoTR.

More like Idle Champions of Forgotten Realms Golarion. You people learn nothing :roll:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Looking on the positive side, something of the scale and style of Dungeons of Nahuelbuek in Pathfinder could go down quite nicely.

Aarwolf

Learned
I don't have much hope about this. It comes from mobile trash-tier games studio, it utilises boring AP (one mega dungeon, nothing more, nothing less) and it will be done in P2e ruleset which is now in turmoil b/c of the remaster thing happening right now: https://paizo.com/community/blog/v5748dyo6siae

Oh, and it will be kicksterter as well, which means usual kickstarter feature bloat and of course, all the delays you can imagine. It will be everything but the tight, focused low level adventure I would hope for.

I am a storyfag myself, so that's another layer of "nope" for me. I think it will be multiplayer braindead mobile-like dungeon slog, devoid of any creativity. Shame.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, it's Pathfinder: Dark Alliance. Not what I was expecting. Multiplayer, only interested if there's local co-op. Kickstarter? I have too many games backed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Actress sounds like she's really struggling to get those words out. :lol:

Doesn't really seem like the kind of subgenre that can get the Kickstarter crowd enthused.

Aarwolf

Learned
The second game won't be CRPG either:

1y9fJhM.jpeg

"Paizo Inc.
It will not be, no. We want that style of game too, for both Pathfinder and Starfinder, but we can work with many different partners to create different kinds of games. The game must suit the partner and the partner, the game."

Mortmal

Arcane
The second game won't be CRPG either:

1y9fJhM.jpeg

"Paizo Inc.
It will not be, no. We want that style of game too, for both Pathfinder and Starfinder, but we can work with many different partners to create different kinds of games. The game must suit the partner and the partner, the game."
Would be cool if they say something like "the game must suit the customer and the customer the game instead"...No one want it, everyone on forums say it's going to be shit, pathfinder fans want a real rpg. Going to fail miserably like sword coast legend, even more msierably as the IP is niche compare to D&D.

Skorpion

Educated
Glad Owlcat stopped working with these weirdos.
Now they have to work with the weirdos at Games Workshop :lol:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.bkomstudios.com/news/a-...vaults-hack-slash-game-coming-to-kickstarter/

PATHFINDER: ABOMINATION VAULTS HACK & SLASH GAME COMING TO KICKSTARTER!​

Quebec City, May 1st, 2023 – BKOM Studios and Paizo are proud to reveal “Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults”, the first-ever co-op Hack and Slash ARPG based on the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game!

Up to four players lead iconic Pathfinder heroes into the deepest depths of Gauntlight Keep, battle deadly monsters and abominations to reach the evil sorceress Belcorra Haruvex and put an end to her vile schemes once and for all.

The wicked sorceress Belcorra Haruvex has returned to haunt her forsaken home of Gauntlight Keep. There, she covertly assembles an army of monsters, beasts, and abominations with which to take her revenge against those who wronged her in life. Brave heroes are needed to venture forth into these long-forgotten depths, defeat Belcorra’s army and put her wicked soul to rest—for good.

The game has players delve ever deeper into Gauntlight Keep—a sprawling megadungeon teeming with foul monsters and grotesque abominations—to slay the evil sorceress who has reawakened in its depths. In order to tell a rich story from both the perspective of the adventure and its participants, the game will feature four iconics from the Pathfinder universe, including Amiri and Ezren.

The project is set to be launched on Kickstarter later this month. Players who would like to stay informed or get notified when the campaign starts can now visit the pre-launch phase page here.

“Launching a Kickstarter campaign for Pathfinder: Abomination Vaults gives us the opportunity to share our own excitement and anticipation around the project with the IP’s fans, from the get go”, says Frederic Martin, CEO at BKOM Studios.

“With Kickstarter, we can directly reach players and supporters, and offer them a chance to bring the game to life with us.” He adds. “And by creating this communication channel with the fans, the campaign is a vehicle that allows us to build an even stronger, deeper, and more meaningful game, which we believe every Pathfinder enthusiast deserves.”

In the weeks leading to the campaign’s launch, more details will be revealed on Twitter, Discord, Twitch and Facebook. Be sure to follow us.

To be notified when the Kickstarter campaign launches, be sure to hit the “notify me” button on the pre-launch phase page here.

SophosTheWise

Cipher
Looks terrible, unfortunately.

Man, I have such cravings for a deep co-op dungeon crawler with puzzles, riddles and a general adventuref-feel.

J1M

Arcane
2e = 4e+5e.
What does this even mean?

Pathfinder 2e copies a lot from D&D 4e and 5e.
Like how Pathfinder 1e copied from 3.5?

If by copied you mean "was the same fucking game".

I don't follow Pathfinder, or the D&Ds anymore, but I'm genuinely curious to know what PF2e takes from D&D4/5 - have they done away with levelling up in a different class every level, and prestige classes, and layers of prestige classing?
Pathfinder fans will tell you it is the three-action economy that differentiates it.

Aarwolf

Learned
What if any games has Bkom put out, Im not finding anything on them?
They worked on Age Of Empires IV, apparently.

They did minor job, here:

"Our team worked specifically on UI Integration and Accessibility features for the game. The User Interface menus include items such as: main menus, loading screens, HUD, settings screens, tutorials windows, etc. On the accessibility front, we worked on the contrast mode, activation narration of UI accessibility for the blind, localization integration, adjustments on captions during narration, audio mechanism, etc."

https://www.bkomstudios.com/projects/age-of-empires-4/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom