Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I don't have this problem.

Screenshot from 2022-12-02 15-13-17.png

Modron

Arcane
I can't exclusively search the Turtle Zone in the archive despite being in said room. Is this only available to staff/room owner?

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I can't exclusively search the Turtle Zone in the archive despite being in said room. Is this only available to staff/room owner?
It works if you search on "Any room". You have to leave first all other rooms if you want only the TZ archives though.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
The search function now automatically creates a pop-up box of results after entering something into the search field, which apparently just looks for the search term in thread titles. There already is a checkbox for "search titles only" located between the main search field and the username field, so this feature is both pointless and irritating.
This pop-up box with results from thread titles has been eliminated, vastly improving the search function. And there was much rejoicing. :positive:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Please fix the size of the smilies in the dropdown menu

View attachment 31801
As mentioned more than once in this thread, the width of the new dropdown menu for smilies and other Codex stock images should be greatly expanded, which would permit the images themselves to be displayed at a larger size.

19. Smilies button drop-down menu - Greatly expand this drop-down menu horizontally, while also enlarging the images (less of a size reduction) so that they are easier to examine and select

Modron

Arcane
Blagh just giving away surplus steam keys and boy does that new xenforo 2.0 two minute cool down between starting new conversations make it painful to do so.

Unwanted

†††

Patron
I NEED a way to "unwatch" and stop receiving alerts for certain profile posts threads. You know, those ones where people start going full retard and can't stop posting in them. Or at least program the alerts to work like the ones in forum threads, where you stop receiving alerts if you stop checking the thread.

EDIT: ok, deleting my post worked, but still there should exist a better way to handle this.

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard can we have some way to resize all the images in a post simultaneously?
e.g., if I have 5 images in my post and want them all to be of width 1280, rather than having to edit the BBCode manually just press a button?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Twiglard can we have some way to resize all the images in a post simultaneously?
e.g., if I have 5 images in my post and want them all to be of width 1280, rather than having to edit the BBCode manually just press a button?
The Froala editor isn't very extensible. So, no. But defaults could be adjusted. Is this the fixed width layout?

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deffo should also add some midi music playing in the background.
You've expressed the same sentiment 6 months ago when I brought it up.

Reference: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ying-possible-bugs.143950/page-2#post-8046091

This feature existed in the previous iteration of the Codex. All I am asking is it to be reinstated. If it is not going to be, simply delete the avatars that can move, so we can stop having the illusion that you'll get it done one day.

Or pass me your admin credentials for 1 day, and I'll get 'er done.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
With the addition of an "Ignore thread" button, the "Jump to new" button on the top-right of a thread is now sandwiched between that and the Watch/Unwatch button. Since the "Jump to new" button should be the most frequently used, I suggest placing it on the left side, with the "Ignore thread" as the least often used in the middle.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Should the ignore thread button be added to the forum list page though? Should there be a confirmation dialog for ignoring?

It's best that you complain about it now before anyone gets used to the layout.

It's also now enabled on the thread list page. It requires an additional click for confirmation. Unfortunately inside the thread ignore button doesn't do AJAX and instead loads a new page for the confirmation. Works fine for the thread list where it's expected to be used the most.

Since the "Jump to new" button should be the most frequently used, I suggest placing it on the left side, with the "Ignore thread" as the least often used in the middle.
Edit: the order is now:
  • Moderator tools
  • Jump to new
  • Any other button (such as watch thread)
  • Ignore thread
  • Admin/moderator tools

Last edited:

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Edit: the order is now:
  • Moderator tools
  • Jump to new
  • Any other button (such as watch thread)
  • Ignore thread
  • Admin/moderator tools
In most threads the order is now Jump to New / (Un)Watch / Ignore, but for whatever reason it seems that poll threads have the order Ignore / Jump to New / (Un)Watch. I've managed to test this in a few poll threads where there were unread posts (and therefore a Jump to New button present).

Example:
6g2wrp.png

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Not sure how no-one noticed this yet, but under the "Smilies" button, the first section is labelled "Smilies" and the second section is labelled "Small" when it should be the other way around, or else the images under the headings should be switched between the two sections, since the actual smilies are all in the second section labelled "Small".

Also, the Codex has this
old_chums.png
as a stored image, and it should be moved into the stock images, either under "small" or "large". +M

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
errno[2]errstr[mysqli_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:100337 Library:30120]errfile[/home/rpgcodex/public_html/system/includes/system_start.php]errline[51]

Critical Error | System has already died.​

Type: 6
Title: Unhandled Exception: 0
Text: mysqli_query(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, null given
SQL:
Error:
File: /home/rpgcodex/public_html/system/includes/functions_system.php
Line: 402
Getting this when trying to look ignore list/stats and related pages.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
errno[2]errstr[mysqli_connect(): Headers and client library minor version mismatch. Headers:100337 Library:30120]errfile[/home/rpgcodex/public_html/system/includes/system_start.php]errline[51]

Critical Error | System has already died.​

Type: 6
Title: Unhandled Exception: 0
Text: mysqli_query(): Argument #1 ($mysql) must be of type mysqli, null given
SQL:
Error:
File: /home/rpgcodex/public_html/system/includes/functions_system.php
Line: 402
Getting this when trying to look ignore list/stats and related pages.
Saw this too.

The system has already died. Seems almost prophetic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom