Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Humbaba

Arcane
Just noticed I can't use any of the textbox options on firefox. No media, no links, no emoticons nuffin.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I mean for the sub sections (RPG discussion/Gaming Discussion and so on) where only that segment would be clean of "new post" notifications.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
You mean you want mark entire main categories such as "RPG discussion" read so that all the forums contained within the category would also be marked read? AFAIK this isn't an option because the main categories aren't accessible as proper forums, so they don't have any forum controls either.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is there any way to filter the Watched function to only list new posts after a user-specified period of time? If there isn't a way currently, can we get that functionality added?

I have a pretty large list of "must-read" threads at this point, that I try to look at at least once a day. What I usually do is open Watched Threads, and read them by working my way up from the bottom. But some threads are constantly posted on, so they show back up shortly after I've finished reading them. I've tried memorizing the threads I read each day but I just don't have the bandwidth, I can't keep the list correctly past like 5 read threads. The only way I've found to keep track properly is to go into my own Latest Activity, find where I started the day, and check the threads I've already interacted with. Very clunky.

Watched Threads allows filtering by Last Updated, but the smallest selectable chunk of time is 7 days, waaaaay too long for my purposes.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sometimes, whilst browsing the Codex, I stumble upon this :

ignored.jpg

Of course I can't open the thread, and it doesn't show when I go to the subforum. Could it be made so either :
- I can see the thread name and open it ?
- I don't see it at all, since, you know, I'm ignoring it ?

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Maybe there should be a function to find a user's posts in the thread while browsing a specific thread.

Of course I can't open the thread, and it doesn't show when I go to the subforum. Could it be made so either :
- I can see the thread name and open it ?
- I don't see it at all, since, you know, I'm ignoring it ?
It's already provided by a third-party addon and they tend not to be very extensible.

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
You can just stop ignoring people and it'll be fixed
Gee golly thanks you're here, I'd have never thought of that myself. Thank you for taking your valuable time to provide such an helpful input ! I salute your wisdom and sense of à propos, and wish the best of the day to you good fellow !

Hobknobling

Learned
This website has dementia. It can remember my browsing history only couple of months back. I just end up on the first post on many threads I remember visiting before when I click on them.

It is by far the newest forum site I use tech-wise, but it seems like the user browsing cache issue still persists. Older forums would always cap the size of the threads to something like 500 pages to prevent the whole site dying. It kinda sucks that this hasn't been solved.

Tavar

Cipher
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
Can we please increase the maximum file size for attached pictures? Whenever I take a screenshot, I have to resize it first before I can post it here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom