Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount&Blade (used to be Warrider)

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I'm having a bit of an ordeal. I'm finding it very difficult to make money. Also, I get horrible loot. I killed around ten dark nights, survived until the end and was rewarded a... quiver of arrows. This is funny because they don't even use ranged weapons.

Fez

Erudite
You should go on slaver runs to get money, and help out caravans. The tournaments are a steady income. If you join one of the armies you will get a weekly wage, which will increase with rank. You can also become a raider and attack caravans for loot.

Balor

Arcane
Well, wage is really small I've never been able to collect it (I think it's bugged).
Attacking caravans is perhaps the best way to get some phat loot.
Also, doing 'supply horses' quests can eart you some decent cash... just bring limp horses to the sucker :).

jiujitsu

Cipher
I'll try raiding opposing faction caravans then. It doesn't sound very profitable, though.

Balor

Arcane
Just choose ones that carry spices and velvet :) Or, at least, iron or oil. You'll get some nice $$$ off them.

jiujitsu

Cipher
I have a full set of black armor and a steel shield. I basically have nothing to work for that I know of. What now?

I wish there were unique items and stuff.

Balor

Arcane
Well, heh, I've posted like 20 or so ideas regarding that on official forum. Remeber, game is still a beta (hence only 10$ for a serial).

Fez

Erudite
Try to get a party of knights and take on the dark knights and a warparty of each side.

Circuitbreaker

Liturgist
Fez said:
Try to get a party of knights and take on the dark knights and a warparty of each side.
You sound like a pro at Mount & Blade :D so I'm curious if you ever tried to take on a bunch of Khergit Raiders.

Experience wise they are below the Dark Hunters and Dark Knights but I had far more problems fighting the Khergit Raiders using a solo Lancer on a Spirited Courser then taking on larger groups of Dark Hunters/Knights.

Fez

Erudite
The Khergit Raiders are much tougher than you might think at first as they have many mounted archers, which forces you into constantly moving and blocking more than you would have to do against foes who rely on close combat. When you knock them off their horse, they can use the bow to take out your own mount and a fast horse is important when fighting against them. Their offensive abilities and speed make up for what they lack in armor. Your own troops usually fare badly against archers too.

They are also the fastest armies on the map, so avoiding them can be very difficult.

Circuitbreaker

Liturgist
(Horse) Archers are indeed very dangerous enemies. I actually found the Swabian Deserters (Crossbowmen!) even worse then the Khergit Raiders. They score hits against your mount from incredible ranges. In general you should be very careful when enemies include ranged combatants. Sea Raiders for instance include Javelin throwers that can also do great damage to your horse. I usually don't charge them head-on but point my initial charge some distance next to them and at the last possible moment I then bend to the side so they are in the sights of my lance again trying to keep speed up as much as possible for a hopefully devastating charge. This way they have little chance to accurately fire their missiles.

Luckily the Swabian Deserters are easy to outrun due to their slow speed on the worldmap. To be able to outdistance Khergit Raiders you really need a couple of (spirited) coursers for carrying all trade goods and so forth. In my current game I have a world map speed of 10.4, and even fully loaded speed is 8 or higher enough to evade any threat I don't want to face. But then again sometimes you want to try something challenging/suicidal :D

All in all Mount&Blade is a very enjoyable game, well worth the registration fee. I'm very curious what new/additional features, the future versions will bring.

Fez

Erudite
If you haven't already, pay a visit to the official forums. There is a lot of information and help on the game to be had there, and if you have any suggestions for the game you can voice them there.

Ichbin

Novice
Hi! I wonder if this topic is still alive?
Armagan, aren't you interested in translating M&B into different languages? Right now i'm trying to translate it into russian (well, in fact i'm not very good in translating into english, so excuse my language, but i really know about translating into russian - it's my native language after all). I've faced a little problem: since you have two fonts in comic_sans.tga, and one of them isn't used, i can replace it with russian one, but how do i make M&B to use this font as secondary one?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Ichbin said:
Hi! I wonder if this topic is still alive?
Hmm... last post: May 11. Definitely an active thread.

Armagan, aren't you interested in translating M&B into different languages? Right now i'm trying to translate it into russian (well, in fact i'm not very good in translating into english, so excuse my language, but i really know about translating into russian - it's my native language after all). I've faced a little problem: since you have two fonts in comic_sans.tga, and one of them isn't used, i can replace it with russian one, but how do i make M&B to use this font as secondary one?
Translating indie games is a worthy goal, but I think you should email armagan instead of posting a question in a dead thread.

mathboy

Liturgist
Since he woke it up, I could post his question in a living thread:

Ichbin is trying to translate Mount&Blade, he's faced a problem: since you have two fonts in comic_sans.tga, and one of them isn't used, he can replace it with russian one, but how does he make M&B to use this font as secondary one?

Second Chance

Liturgist
I had missed this thread completely. Anyway, very cool game! A pity the fee has already increased to $12, $15 if paying through Paypal! :?

ltfm

Novice
Armagan i figured out how to chang my attack direction.

have one weapon in your inventory and then, draw it and press the change weapon button!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

HardCode

Erudite
E-mail Taleworlds, bryce. Or, check out eSelleRate. I think they will re-email the serial key.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom