Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mount&Blade (used to be Warrider)

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
DarkSign said:
Wait so does a large crosshair = better or smaller? The bows are driving me NUTS.
:) The part of the screen enclosed by the arms of the crosshair shows where your arrows could go towards. So if the corsshair's arms are away from each other, the arrows could go anywhere between them and accuracy is poor.

Balor

Arcane
Proves that DarkSighs actually didn't play CS! Welcome DarkSign - one of the most unique people on Earth! :D

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The training stuff really needs to be reworked. I'm not sure how many times I've started off in the training arena with my back to the guy and I'm in a corner. By the time I turn around to face him, he's already clobbering me.

Also, I'm not sure what the deal is with combat and the training arena, because there's often times I can beat a guy only taking a few hits. Other times, I get trounced without even being able to hit the guy at all. There's a big gap in consistancy in the training arena. I either win big or lose big it seems.

It's also kind of lame that you don't get to do either the training or the tournament with the weapons you've got the skills to use. If your character is a squire, for example, and you've got a high one handed or two handed skill, but weak polearm skill, you're fairly screwed if you get stuck in there with a pole and the other guy has a fast one handed sword.

Is there a way to mount a horse in the tournament once you dismount? I've never been able to get back up on one after I dismount. I've also killed a rider or two and not been able to get on their horse afterwards in the tournament. Is this a skill thing? If so, how come I'm on the horse to begin with?

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
The problem with training is that everyone starts facing the same direction. It was in my todo list but kind of never popped up to deserve attention. But I can guess how problematic it could be. I'll fix it ASAP ;)

You can mount a horse by coming near it and looking towards it. If your riding skill is high enough, below the crosshair you'll see a message like : saddle horse / Mount. Then you can mount it by pressing the action key (default "F").

You can start the tournament fight on a horse, even if your riding skill is 0. It's surely an inconsistency and you should actually fall from the horse in that case. But that's an inconsistency I can live with. Besides, anyone playing the game with 0 riding deserves a little bit of help.

mathboy

Liturgist
To win one on one fights, just block and when the enemy weapon hits your press the left button to attack, if you hit, you probably will, attack again right after, on and on and on, and you'll never loose in the training again.

mathboy

Liturgist
Please make a slider so you can speed up world map travelling, it's boring as hell to travel over the whole map.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Strangely, I tried that and it didn't seem to always work. Often enough my opponent would interrupt me with a quick attack of his own.

mathboy said:
Please make a slider so you can speed up world map travelling, it's boring as hell to travel over the whole map.
I second that.

The one thing that annoyed me about the game was when I wanted to mow down a group of enemies on foot when charging them on my horse, but my character kept preparing for a stabbing attack. Is there really no way to control the attack or am I just too stupid?
Another issue I had was with enemies right in front of me. I couldn't seem to hit them - or ride down a lowly crossbowman for that matter - but they didn't appear to have the same problem.

Apart from that it was great of course, I especially enjoyed 1on1 melee myself.

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
The one thing that annoyed me about the game was when I wanted to mow down a group of enemies on foot when charging them on my horse, but my character kept preparing for a stabbing attack
Thrusting vs cutting is selected randomly. If you don't want to use thrusting, a solution could be getting a weapon without a thrust attack such as an axe or a scimitar.

Fez

Erudite
The lances in battle kick ass. I managed to wipe out a party of 30+ dark riders with my troops. I've got my heroes pimped out in the best gear and we have the best horses we can use. It's nice being able to customize the heroes as they level and imporve their gear. The black armor is good, but the heraldic looks the best. Dress-up is fun.

I think that later on in the game the shopkeeper's limit on cash could be a problem when selling high level items. I noticed I could clean one out with one item and have to take a fraction of what I should get.

Fez

Erudite
armagan said:
The one thing that annoyed me about the game was when I wanted to mow down a group of enemies on foot when charging them on my horse, but my character kept preparing for a stabbing attack
Thrusting vs cutting is selected randomly. If you don't want to use thrusting, a solution could be getting a weapon without a thrust attack such as an axe or a scimitar.

I noticed that when you use a shield with a lance it cancels the swinging move and only allows the thrusting move. That worked perfectly for the horses. The lance is one of the best weapons in the game, with the double sided lance being the best out of that lot I have found.

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
Fez said:
I managed to wipe out a party of 30+ dark riders with my troops. I've got my heroes pimped out in the best gear and we have the best horses we can use.
You must have got the hold of the game if you defeated a party of dark riders. Dark knights are the most powerful opponents in the game. But they'll start coming in more crowded groups as the game progresses.

Alex.

Novice
Best RPG\Sword Fighting Game.

Hello from Russia. Sorry for my English. Its great game. I like it very match. One of my favorites. Thanks you for you work.
Now I tray mike Russian community of this game fans. And mike a Russian page of Mount&Blade. Thanks you very math.
Game is wonderful.

Fez

Erudite
I was level 5 at the time, but I had good equipment. I can kill groups of five dark knights on my own. Fear my leet skillz.

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
Alex:
Thanks a lot for your support. It's great to see people enjoying the game. :)

Fez

Erudite
I noticed there are cheats for the game. Are they staying under wraps until the beta is over?

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
I haven't really given much thought to the cheats. Do you think I should write them somewhere?

Fez

Erudite
Well they could be handy for a bit of fun. I found a way to cheat in money myself, but most people would rather just have the genuine ones.

It can be handy for finding some problems or bugs for the more expensive items or further on in the game.

Balor

Arcane
The game uses a physically accurate model there.
Is it so for melee weapons too? I liked that in DBTS (one of my favorite 'slasher' type games).

jiujitsu

Cipher
Project: Eternity
I got to level 6. I leveled up after I solo'd 15 river pirates. Had 2hp left in the end, but damn was that fun. :o

Fez

Erudite
Yeah, armagan, that's my secret to my equipment! :)

The combat is fun at the high end too. I've got a squad of lancers now and it's good to see opposing teams of knights charge each other with the lances down.

armagan

TaleWorlds Entertainment
Developer
You know, I really wonder what your secret money making method is. Could you give a hint about it? Does it involve trading / tournaments ? I was careful trying to avoid potential sources of abuse so I am now curious about it.

Balor

Arcane
Melee combat does not use physics.
Really? Too bad. Why? After all, it you have physics, and it was impemented in DBTS - and it is an OLD game. It's THAT harder then making missle physics?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom