Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Marvel Snap! (aka Fast Gwent by Hearthstone devs)

I never played a card game like this. Do I need to buy cards to have fun or just to be the top badass?
While in the first 2 pools the game is pretty consistently fun. Upon entering Pool 3 you are in a for a pretty brutal time for at least a month, and possibly more, depending on your luck with pulling decent and synergistic Pool 3 cards. I got quite lucky with my pulls, but there are some seriously bad cards or cards that are highly conditional on other Pool 3 cards that one can pull. I read a horror story of a player that allegedly sequentially pulled Drax, Adam Warlock, Yellowjacket, Crystal, Black Bolt, and Crossbones, which is just fucking cruel and shouldn't be possible.

That said, if you can get past the early pool 3 hump, the game really hits its stride and settles into one of the best deckbuilders around. I am slightly concerned by their approach to introducing new cards, but time will tell how that plays out.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
This game is not bad. I would not spend money on it but for a quick time waster it is great. It is kinda mobile shit tier by design tho. I do hate that.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Aren't you a tranny? I am taking a brief break playing RPG's to play something mindless to avoid posting in this shithole. It works.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Good wins last night ~
ms22019.jpg

Weirdworld gave me his leader... I'll take the win, and concede that Leader has Death Wave's number.

ms22020.jpg

Magneto has a hard on for Fisk Tower.

Played several hours and got sloppy, losing 4 cubes several times to Zola, Leader and Destroyer when I should be escaping. But the only deck that really has my number is Hela - unless I snipe Hela with Yondu or Hela gets discarded, I have to retreat in this matchup:/

I decided to advance to CL 995, pulling 8 more Pool 3 cards for a total of 29 cards, missing 48:

ms22021.jpg

ms22022.jpg

I have 3300 tokens, not sure which cards to get or pin.

J1M

Arcane
Galactus.

I'll have Thanos by end of week, but he seems much easier to counter.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Man, i'm stuck in early 40's, mostly because of not having most of pool 3 cards. Leader especially screws me over big time.
Retreating on opponents' Snaps on turn 6 is almost always the correct call. The key is not what your cards can do, but what your opponent's cards can do.

The funny thing about Leader is that you can easily assess the end game state assuming your opponent Leaders, so you know if you can beat a Leader play or not.

Always retreat from a Hela set up and from a Zola set up.

Assess if you can beat a Destroyer/ Spectrum set up.

Ultron set ups are often a coin toss.

Snap is about recognizing the deck your opponent is on and calculating their most likely turn 6 play (which is usually well telegraphed) and whether or not your play beats or disrupts theirs. One of the best benefits of playing a Wave deck is that you are usually limiting your opponent to only 1 card on 6, so the outcomes are easy to surmise. Cards that remove cards from your opponent's deck, like Yondu, or especially secretly, like Cable, are also very valuable.

Yondu is very hit or miss. Sure sometimes he’ll snipe Hela or destroyer, but sometimes he’ll just take some fluff out of your opponent’s deck and essentially give them an extra draw.

B640770A-C114-4E5B-9E0E-8D5A3C29CA06.jpeg

I’ve been playing this deck recently and have been surprised by win percentage. It’s not an amazing deck, but it’s working wonders against the current Leader cheese meta.

I get a lot of opponents snapping on me after the T1-nothing into T2-Domino play, and then I often have a verrrry long pause by my opponents if I get Sif out on T3. It’s definitely a deck that confuses the meta-chasing copy-pasters. The really fun thing about the deck is that it’s so loaded with high-cost shenanigans that you often have a plausible path to victory even if you don’t pull your Ghost Rider.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Can confirm Thanos is not as fun as Galactus. The gems themselves are a neat idea, but it becomes very awkward due to board space and their low base stats. Probably not worth it for them to redesign the card, but a direction which didn't strongly incentivize you to destroy your own infinity stones would be more thematic. Perhaps a "gauntlet" card that starts in your hand like Agatha that the gems combine with.

View attachment 31825

I’ve been playing this deck recently and have been surprised by win percentage. It’s not an amazing deck, but it’s working wonders against the current Leader cheese meta.

I get a lot of opponents snapping on me after the T1-nothing into T2-Domino play, and then I often have a verrrry long pause by my opponents if I get Sif out on T3. It’s definitely a deck that confuses the meta-chasing copy-pasters. The really fun thing about the deck is that it’s so loaded with high-cost shenanigans that you often have a plausible path to victory even if you don’t pull your Ghost Rider.
One thing I will say about this deck after playing it a bit more is that it is extremely swingy based on locations. Vormir really fucks up the win percentage because Agatha is a moron who loves to do shit like play herself on it when it's completely empty, but then places like Throne Room, Warrior Falls, or Space Throne just sort of hand you the game. I'm also thinking about swapping out some of the other cards. Not getting a lot of utility from Vision or Gamora, especially compared to the heavy-hitter finishers of Aero and Taskmaster; might swap the former two for some other 5 drops. Toying with seeing how Magik+Sera would do in here, but that seems a bit too combo heavy. Maybe Iron Man and Hobgoblin.

J1M

Arcane
A mod moved this thread to General Gaming, so I don't expect anyone else to discover the game via Codex. A shame, it's one of the better games released this year.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I got my first "DRAW" this week, there had to be some kind of achievment for this kind of stuff. :D
While I'm having good wins with my full troll setup and MR.Negative deck, my UBER deck is full ongoing with Spectrum for last round. I don't really ose much with this deck and easly pushed to rank 51 in a few days.

Jason Liang

Arcane
I was able to gain 30 cubes today to hit rank 60. I guess the tryhard players stop playing on the last day to save their daily missions and avoid deranking, so it felt like I was hitting mostly bots. Before today the last few days have been a struggle and I also played too loose and sloppy. I played almost entirely Death Wave this season, in total over 700 matches.

My stats this season:

ms22025.jpg

ms22026.jpg

Played most of the season with:
ms22027.jpg

The final week I start to tweak it and ended up with~

ms22028.jpg

My Infinity cards~
ms22029.jpg

My variants and recent card pulls- I ended up pulling 4 Winter variants (but did not pull Patriot sadly) ~
ms22030.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm running this deck this season:
ms22032.jpg

Feels fun and extremely busted, compared to Death Wave ~
ms22031.jpg

Jason Liang

Arcane
I'm starting to snap and retreat very well now with my Ultron list. Just had the best day ever since I started playing, netting 42 cubes in 21 matches (winning 47 and losing 5). Ultron is just nuts (for a deck that doesn't have pool 4 or 5 cards).

ms23002.jpg

This win was too sweet to not screencap.

ms23003.jpg

I never had a streak like this with Death Wave.

ms23005.jpg

Been casually playing this since some time in December and it's pretty alright. My initial reaction was violently uninstalling after being bombarded with 10 types of currency and drip-feed daily missions to MAXIMIZE THE CONSUMER'S ENGAGEMENT LEVEL WITH THE ENTERTAINMENT PRODUCT but once I calmed down and realized that I could just ignore the dailies and knock them all out at a regular schedule it's fun to play here and there. Fast Gwent is a reasonable comparison even though Gwent (In the good times) was a ripoff of Condottiere and this is a ripoff (Though it differs more) of Smash Up it does have some mindgaming and shit to it.

Only recently got into pool 3 (And learned what the "Pools" even are) but I think I've had some wild fucking luck, my very first collector-sale card offered was Leader which I picked up since it sounds like that's the best "You have a shit collection and want a finisher" card, and in my random pulls I've gotten Lockjaw, Daredevil, Cerebro, and Mysterio which have all been a lot of fun. Lockjaw in particular since I'd been enjoying Jubilee bullshit as I got into pool 3 and Lockjaw works great with that, not to mention Mysterio slotting in nicely. Daredevil's also been a fun build-around since it lets me run no fun allowed cards pretty safely like Professor X. Cerebro looks fun too but I have yet to play it, haven't figured out a plan of attack for it although I assume 3 power's probably the sweet spot. Haven't run Leader yet either, actually. He'd probably slot well into devil dino but ever since I opened up Lockjaw and Daredevil I've had too much fun with them to play anything else. Have also pulled one or two cards that look near completely useless but I've been mostly lucky, worst card was something like a 2 mana 3 power card that causes your opponent to draw a card and set its cost to 6 which just sounds awful no matter how you slice it since it can be a cost reduction in fringe cases like Death, a net negative for you if it's a regular 6 cost, and not much of a drawback even if your opponent draws a 1 cost that gets increased to 6 since it's deck thinning and since there's no milling in Snap that can only be a downer for shit like Lockjaw and Jubilee. Don't even remember the name of it but I just remember being offended by that ability with regular cost for stats.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom