Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
games are for fags so I'm proud to have played none of them

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
When I play games I try to enjoy them for what they are at first and lose myself in the game if possible, then I ponder on how the game could be made better. Not every game gets multiple playthroughs.

I think the biggest disease is initial skipping the story. You should drag your ass through at least one playthrough to read the damn text or suffer the cutscene, if any. After that, skip away.

Proud to not play based on game’s rep from other players seems lazy or like one is a sheep in the gaming community. OK, everyone says it sucks! Find out why and form your own opinion. Distraction happens though, and games can get forgotten for that other shiny. Addictive bastards like DOOM, Diablo, and Heroes of Might & Magic series have distracted me to all hell to forget. And Diablo can cause intense burnout. It’s like when Beetlejuice turns all crispy in the cartoon.

But, different players, different views and maybe there is that one game that should be shunned because it is just that god awful. I really can’t say as maybe my mind has avoided it and blocked it from my mind. Maybe the mere memory instills a mind numbing PTSD.

Star Citizen

Learned
Star Field (waste of 15 minutes before I noped out)
Outer Worlds (trash)
Red Dead Redemption 2 (!!!!!!!!!!!)
Mass Defect 1 (boring and completely forgettable)
Doom Eternal (frustratingly shit)
Bioshock Infinite (lame n boring)
Cultic (actually the first FPS game I've hated on this level, not only because of the reception it received but because people compare it to the masterpiece that is Blood meanwhile it had some of the most uninspired boring linear level design ever and crap gameplay & encounters)
Dusk (I don't know why people have an infatuation with this game or dev himself. I gave it a fair shot because people couldn't shut up about it and was met with some mediocre at best lame ass meme game with crap level design and boring gameplay)
Fallout 4 (arguably one of the worst games made)
Witcher 3 (Single player MMO trash)

Last edited:

NorwegianWolf

Educated
I'm so proud to have never eaten Twix, Mars, Snickers, Maltesers, After Eight and Toblerone.

Chocolate was the highest achievement of confectionery, and it was already perfect in 1880s. All chocolate bars and confectionery combining chocolate with other ingredients are vomit inducing abominations, and a symptoms of decline. It's important to not let other people enjoy Twix, and remind them that Twix is a heartless product of corporate shills.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
ME1 is watered-down KotOR and inferior to it. I regret playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom