Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Games you are proud to not have played

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Any games that charge a monthly subscription fee (MMOs), games with always-online DRM that were shut off later and are now unplayable.

Because those are ripoffs.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Proud because i haven't played? Nah, not really.
I could name games that I didn't BUY instead. I am proud because I never gave mony to Bethesda (i would but Daggerfall is free). From CDPR I only bought Witcher 1. I am proud because i'm not financing big companies that make bad games.

Leeloo

Barely Literate
From the top of my mind:
- BG3
- Disco
- Starfield
- Horizon Zero
- Skyrim
- Panescape: Torment. But maybe in the future... :D
- Fallout 3,4, etc (Maybe NV in the future, I'm not sure... someone gifted me years ago, and is on my game library)

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I don't know about proud, but I've stopped trying to play real-time RPGs (first person or RTWP) all together. Looking back on all of them I played, I really only enjoyed a handful of them. While I'm sure I might miss out on some gems, I'd much rather play a mediocre turn-based RPG over a good (not great) real-time one. It was my umpteenth attempt at playing Fallout: New Vegas where I finally learned the lesson. I want to like the game because I can see it has some good stuff in it, but I just don't enjoy it.

Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It feels awesome when you know when to stop
You played Mass Effect 1 and 2.

If he did, then he might as well play part 3 too. I'm actually playing ME3 right now, and I'm on the final mission as I'm typing this (took a break to check the Codex). I have to say that this one has been the most enjoyable of the lot, and recruting as much help against the Reapers and collecting as much War Asset points as possible has been fairly engaging.

With that said, the game itself is still a popamole cover shooter, so that fact alone makes it impossible to recommend this to people who're incapable of enjoying games that lack a deep and tactical combat experience. But if you've managed to get through the first, or the second game (or both), and did that without getting a massive headache, then there's really no reason not to play ME3.
ME3 combat is really good for what it's trying to be , the important part is divorcing the RPG fan in yourself to enjoy it. The only truly cover shooter Mass Effect game is the second which requires you to be in behind cover.

If you're spending any significant time sitting behind walls in ME1 or ME3 then you're playing the game wrong, unless you're cheesing the hardest difficulty in the multi-player

somewhatgiggly

Scholar
Far Cry 6, for sure. I wrote a break down here but eventually when I cleaned out my computer I ripped it out along with CP2077 and Fallout:NV. I'm glad I snagged it on sale, but hate that I ever wanted it at all. The whole game was a slog from start to finish and besides a few moments where my shitty gray matter told my shitty hormone balls to produce serotonin and whatever, it really was more hassle than fun.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I just can’t remember a duck in MC though. How can that possibly be?

Hodli ducks eh?

Last edited:

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I wouldn't say "proud," but I'm happy to have dodged the MMO trend, DOTA/LoL, COD, Halo, 'Extraction' games, TF2 (I consider Half-life 2 overhyped as shit but I played it), Amnesia & other 'Run away from the monster' games, Candy Crush, Angry Birds, Evony, Mobile shit, Facebook shit, Minecraft, TLOU2 (sadly played the first), the Avengers game, and Forspoken.

I will say I definitely won't play any more Bioware games after ME3, or any Witcher games unless they ditch Geralt and feature actual character customization.

I also will never play 'Disco-likes,' aka Jennifer Hepler's revenge. I used to enjoy Adventure games now and then, but I won't support games based on fraud and subversion.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
I have played a lot of slop, including most of the games on your own list luj1 Even so, there is really only one game that could fall into this category for myself, and that is Baldur's Gate 3. I can't express how repulsed I am by that game and the people that play it. I am proud to not count myself amongst them.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Outer Worlds
Mass Effect 3, Mass Effect Andromeda
Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Fallout 76
Cyberpunk
Dragon Age 2, Dragon Age Inquisition
Diablo 3, Diablo 4
Witcher 2, Witcher 3

It feels awesome when you know when to stop
Your life must be very miserable and devoid of any achievements if the fact that you haven't played some games makes you proud.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You are correct in that I'm in the 1% here which are the most difficult to please.
*never plays Prelude to Darkness or The Void because they are too inferior to his taste*

*completes Mass Effects*

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
I played Prelude to Darkness

What else can it pull out of its ass, hm? A long lost buttplug technology?

Konjad

Patron
I played Prelude to Darkness

What else can it pull out of its ass, hm? A long lost buttplug technology?
Alright, so scratch PtD, but the point stands.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom