Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

EVERYONE KILL BETHESDA AND PETE HINES NOW

izzay

Novice
I registered here JUST to make this post. I decided to make a thread on the elderscrolls forum about "Pete" (if it really IS pete) telling everyone how it was humorus watching his most loyal of fanbase grovel and beg for a mere explanaition. The result of my post? Locked within 2 minutes. Bethesda=facism.

Balor

Arcane
Hmm?
Moderation == fashism, it's a known fact, and you cannot do anything about it.
"Great forums are not maintained by timidity." (c)

Shagnak

Shagadelic
izzay said:
I registered here JUST to make this post. I decided to make a thread on the elderscrolls forum about "Pete" (if it really IS pete) telling everyone how it was humorus watching his most loyal of fanbase grovel and beg for a mere explanaition. The result of my post? Locked within 2 minutes. Bethesda=facism.
Locked?
Or deleted?
Did any of the sad fanbois get a word in first?
(I'm rather bored, so will have a leeetle search...)

Edit:
Found it.
They claim it should have been posted in the release/delay thread.
Huh, as if that was the primary point of the post.
Anyway, post there so we can have some amusement...

OverrideB1

Scholar
I am yet to be convinced that "Pete" and Pete Hines are one and the same. Even given the poor quality of Beth's PR of late, admitting in writing that you enjoyed watching the fanbase grovelling for information is... pushing the envelope.

Balor

Arcane
Well, Oliver 'Robert Jordan' Rigney openly admitted (and not one time) that he likes seeing his fan 'squirm' trying to puzzle out 'Who killed Asmodean?!' and the like, but noone called anathema on him.
There is subtle difference between PR agent and a writer, thiough...

TheGreatGodPan

Arbiter
George Orwell once said that "fascism now means politics we disagree with", but I think reading izzay's post would have shocked him to the point of vomiting.

HardCode

Erudite
izzay said:

BAHAHA. It's official. The adminstration of TES forums are now more retarded than the posters. Almost every thread is locked ... well, really, like 1 out of every 3 or 4 threads get locked. It's funny. You can post "What are you going to name your character!?!?!" as a thread, 1000 times. But discuss true game issues? It's, "Please uze R 1 official thread for all discussion." What the fuck kind of forum is that? Why don't the fucking admins create all offical threads for all topics they deem okay, and revoke everyone's New Thread privlidges. Idiots. Oh, and the admins are Bethesda, whom tell the moderators what to do. Those guys are just following orders the Hines Reich.

Spazmo

Erudite
I'm not one to agree with overactive forum moderation, but given the complete crap threads we've been getting here lately, is it all that desirable to have people posting a new thread every time they want to go "SOIL EROSION! PATRICK STEWART! CROSSBOWS!"?

HardCode

Erudite
That's not what I mean. If any thread has an inkling of negativity about Bethesda or the game, it's locked.

Imbecile

Arbiter
HardCode said:
That's not what I mean. If any thread has an inkling of negativity about Bethesda or the game, it's locked.

I disagree, there are plenty of negative threads there, they are usually swamped by people wailing and gnashing their teeth, but they get posted reasonably often, and hang around for a while.

Looking at the moment the top thread is complaing about the lack of NPC's. As far as Ive been able to tell swearing and flaming gets yer thred or post deleted, but complaining? I havent noticed.

Pete

Novice
Threads are locked because they have no relevancy, or they are littered with flames and spam. Our moderators have been doing an excellent job keeping the place up.

Tintin

Arbiter
Whipporowill said:
This "Pete" thing is getting tired, someone in a admin position do an IP-check on him and either give him an dev avatar or denounce him. Yawn.

How are the admins supposed to know Pete's real IP to check it with?

Whipporowill

Erudite
Tintin said:
Whipporowill said:
This "Pete" thing is getting tired, someone in a admin position do an IP-check on him and either give him an dev avatar or denounce him. Yawn.

A company as big as Bethesda is bound to have... say a clutter of IP's, or a company router or whatever. Not like it'd be the first time someone's found out by self-imposed net dicks, now would it?

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Tintin said:
Thay can't be 100% sure, but it's possible that they see the "Users posting from this IP: your_favourite_Codexer: 2345 posts, Pete 9 posts" message and just haven't told us yet.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Tintin said:
Whipporowill said:

It's relatively easy to tell.

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
VD already told you guys it's not Pete, a couple pages back. Why wouldn't you believe him the first time?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
VD already told you guys it's not Pete, a couple pages back. Why wouldn't you believe him the first time?
Wishful thinking mixed with a lack of common sense - a powerful combination

MrSmileyFaceDude

Bethesda Game Studios
Developer
Pete said:
MrSmileyFaceDude said:
Hah, oh yeah? Then what's my younger son's name?

You have no younger son.

Ok, called my bluff, fair enough :)

Let's see... what is the art producer's nickname?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom