Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DU, you wanted drama? You got drama. Check this out.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Yes, a curator that's intended solely for recommendations is going to link to positive reviews.
It's not like you can't "Not Recommend" a game on the curator. There's even a truly neutral option like "Informational".

But we don't do that. Makes ya think.

That said, I can't remember the last time I've seen a curator link on Steam, so I don't even know if it's still used.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
And with so much crap, the "Not recommend" would drown out the "Recommended" games

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
Codex’ curator thing hasn’t been active for years.

I browsed the Steam curators yesterday as I was trying to find new interesting games, a lot of the curators are memes that post a simple one liner like “luke I am your father” to every game and get thousands of followers.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
And with so much crap, the "Not recommend" would drown out the "Recommended" games
Not how it works. Not Recommended would show on the game's page and it would show in a different section from Recommended upon visiting the curator.

Buuut it would probably also change the stats in the curator's dashboard to show that the curator negatively affected sales. Oops. Now, why would someone not want that?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Codex’ curator thing hasn’t been active for years.

I browsed the Steam curators yesterday as I was trying to find new interesting games, a lot of the curators are memes that post a simple one liner like “luke I am your father” to every game and get thousands of followers.
It has reviews as of last August.

I think the curator feature in general is stagnant or not used by Steam much anymore, so no developer is willing to pay to have a game promoted on it - which, yes, was a thing. Probably why it stopped.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh yeah. Gotta raise awareness of Wrath of the Tranny and soon, BG3. :lol:
Sure, why not?

I think the curator feature in general is stagnant or not used by Steam much anymore, so no developer is willing to pay to have a game promoted on it - which, yes, was a thing. Probably why it stopped.

I can confirm that at least one dev was interested in giving us a Steam key back in May. The truth is that Infinitron is just tired but unable/unwilling to relinquish his duties (Caves of Lore should certainly be on there for example, we have a review and everything).

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The truth is that Infinitron is just tired but unable/unwilling to relinquish his duties (Caves of Lore should certainly be on there for example, we have a review and everything).
He should hand it off to Non-Edgy Gamer, much hilarity would ensue

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
remember when rogay was given staff status to tend to the twitter only but suddenly xe became the semi-official spokesperson for whatever dumb shit codex is up to unabashedly providing xir retarded insights everywhere and everytime

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
remember when rogay was given staff status to tend to the twitter only but suddenly xe became the semi-official spokesperson for whatever dumb shit codex is up to unabashedly providing xir retarded insights everywhere and everytime
I'm just sharing my opinion which I would do anyway if I wasn't part of the staff.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
I'm just sharing my opinion which I would do anyway if I wasn't part of the staff.
but you are part of the staff which is why your opinions carry a different weight than mine
you even have a goddamn STAFF MEMBER tag right under your nickname :roll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
but you are part of the staff which is why your opinions carry a different weight than mine

I didn't ask for it. :M I can provide feedback for content, submit reviews directly, and tweet out news links, and that's pretty much it.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

I didn't ask for it. :M I can provide feedback for content, submit reviews directly, and tweet out news links, and that's pretty much it.
and yet nobody will bat an eye if you the staff member say some dumb crap about how should you scramble your eggs, but it's obviously a different matter when you speak of running codex related matters

:deathclaw:

what is it that you misunderstand. am i to prepare a diagram

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
and yet nobody will bat an eye if you the staff member say some dumb crap about how should you scramble your eggs, but it's obviously a different matter when you speak of running codex related matters

I'm going to post what I want as I always have and remain unconcerned if people incorrectly believe my words about the Codex have more weight because I have a staff member tag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

I'm going to post what I want as I always have and remain unconcerned if people incorrectly believe my words about the Codex have more weight because I have a staff member tag. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
you will not, because im going to kill you if you do, and this is a threat

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
download.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom