Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

DU, you wanted drama? You got drama. Check this out.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
1. MLMarkland attempted to make a new thread today containing some of his favorite movie trailers (and didn't even bother to embed them properly) but a thread for movie trailers already exists, in the Library
2. I moved MLMarkland's posts to that existing thread
3. I noted that, for some reason I still can't fathom, MLMarkland edited one of those moved posts to include his "company" LinkedIn account
4. I edited that post to remove said link, because that's a no-no
5. MLMarkland got upset that I edited that out then re-edited the post to say what the first post in this thread now says
6. Since the newly-edited post contains a complaint and a request (actually, a demand) to delete his Codex account, I moved that post to Site Feedback
7. You are here

Aemar

Arcane
Everyone knows that's Monty. You're not really protecting him?
This

Like am I some secret fucking guy?

I’ve been here for 2 decades almost.

I’m the only dev who will play ball here.
Tbh I think you've most likely picked the wrong place on the internet to flex that Hollywood/Game industry important guy status. The only important dev here is NoMoneyNoFameNoDame, who even has his own subforum here on the Codex.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
This

Tbh I think you've most likely picked the wrong place on the internet to flex that Hollywood/Game industry important guy status. The only important dev here is NoMoneyNoFameNoDame, who even has his own subforum here on the Codex.
you dare omit Cleveland Mark Blakemore, knave?

Vic

Savant
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Bethestard
This

game industry especially is so jaded, we at the codex are even more jaded, all this flexing can only cause a negative reaction.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
you dare omit @Cleveland Mark Blakemore, knave?
notice how all codex devs are a bit nuts?

Cleve isn't nuts, the world is nuts.
a3b484b116c5424bb4cf55006ae4af3d.jpg

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
This

game industry especially is so jaded, we at the codex are even more jaded, all this flexing can only cause a negative reaction.
It’s only perceived as a flex if you are under 30 or new.

Otherwise you are damn well old enough and have enough damn sense that every developer who hangs here is asked by their employer to not do so because of the “tenor of the discourse” and word choice and only a few simply don’t give a shit.

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I would expect that given how small the codex is most larger devs never even heard about this place

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
I would expect that given how small the codex is most larger devs never even heard about this place
You would be mistaken, at least in the crpg side of the industry.
Could also mean that most crpg devs are utterly irrelevant for the industry due to their small size and their small audience
Yes literally no one in the business copies the crpg guys and tries to incorporate rpg design patterns into their shooter / football sim / racing game / crime lord sim / etc.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Could also mean that most crpg devs are utterly irrelevant for the industry due to their small size and their small audience
Yes literally no one in the business copies the crpg guys and tries to incorporate rpg design patterns into their shooter / football sim / racing game / crime lord sim / etc.
you mistake the impact RPG aspects had on the wider industry with the influence current CRPG devs have, which is nil

MLMarkland

Arcane
Developer
you mistake the impact RPG aspects had on the wider industry with the influence current CRPG devs have, which is nil
I know zero founders who didn’t start their companies because of a roleplaying game.

I also know zero crpg developers who haven’t moonlighted or white labeled some broader market Game you know but wouldn’t put their name on it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
1. MLMarkland attempted to make a new thread today containing some of his favorite movie trailers (and didn't even bother to embed them properly) but a thread for movie trailers already exists, in the Library
2. I moved MLMarkland's posts to that existing thread
3. I noted that, for some reason I still can't fathom, MLMarkland edited one of those moved posts to include his "company" LinkedIn account
4. I edited that post to remove said link, because that's a no-no
5. MLMarkland got upset that I edited that out then re-edited the post to say what the first post in this thread now says
6. Since the newly-edited post contains a complaint and a request (actually, a demand) to delete his Codex account, I moved that post to Site Feedback
7. You are here
Sounds like you fulfilled your patriotic duties and did everything right. At ease.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom