Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Dragon Age sightings at 1UP

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
He's not representating the company most likely. He's representating Dave Gaider. Dumbass. i seriosuly doubt BIO the COMPANY would want an employee wasting time on a site that isn't their customer base (even though, depsite all the whining, the Codexers are probably the surest purchasers of BIO games outside of the BIO boards). R00fles!

DG is just another poster here who unlike most of us here who pretend to know how to make games; he *actually* does make them. L0LLERZ!

Idiot.

P.S. Consideirng some of the zingers Mr. G has done here including directed at me; i seriosuly doubt BIO would 'officially' approve of him flaming potential customers in that way.

Moron.

Ok fine.

David Gaider, how are you buddy? How are the little ones doing? Still have that Degout problem? No? Good. You always had a good doctor, thats great considering 2 of Bio's founders used to be doctor's. HAHAHA. Anyway, I'm going fishing tomorrow and I was wondering if you and the boys would like to grab a six-pack and come along. The salmon are biting heavy this time 'o year. Take a break from game development come along.

P.S. Tiffany *hint *hint* double DD cup :wink: will probably show up :D

Deacdo

Liturgist
Volourn said:
No. No 'promises' were broken. This diea that everything (or most everything) a devloper says is a 'promise' is complete,. and utter bullshit. Things change during devlopment; doens't mean there were 'broekn promises' or 'lies'.
You're nitpicking. The point is they said they'd do somethings and they failed to do it well. You're also practically saying "ignore what developers say, because it is meaningless". Which is actually kind of my point in regards to what Bioware says about Dragon Age.

Ladonna: JE is BIO's best ROLE-PLAYING game even though the combat is more action based.
So you're saying Bioware has never made a role-playing game?

Hamster

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014
Dragon Age uses a modified version of the Mass Effect conversation system, much lauded at last year's E3, in which characters' facial expressions speak at least a hundred words, lips synch convincingly to speech, and dialogue trees are distilled into bullet-point "ideas" and "tones" rather than complete sentences to make conversations flow at a more natural pace. "Ours is customized to do just what we need it to do," says Greig, "and we've got some ideas on how to make it Dragon Age.specific and work for the mouse and PC.
Fuck...
It will be nice to hear some explanation from Dgaider about this, because this quote pretty much ruins all my hopes for this game.

Gromnir

Liturgist
"The fact that I regularly come to the Codex at all should prove that while I don't expect fair treatment from some, I do believe that there is actual intelligent discourse that can occasionally be had."

foolishness.

only reason we comes 'round here is 'cause we enjoys watching the monkeys throw poop at each other. if they ain't doing on their own, then Gromnir helps get 'em started, but expecting "intelligent discourse" with this bunch is a waste o' effort.

you know the codex pov already and you must realize that you gots 0 chance o' changing their opinion.

*shrug*

just admit that you too likes to shake the monkey cage... and maybe you likes to throw a little poop yourself, from time to time. after all, dave can't call folks "dickhead" at bio as much as he might wish to.

HA! Good Fun!

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
How can you spout such drivel and then have that quote in your sig?

Ladonna

Arcane
Ignore him aweigh, he has been Larping away for so long, he actually BELIEVES he is a half-orc Bhaalspawn. Fucking Freak basicly.

If you wish to actually converse with someone like that be my guest. But don't say I didn't warn you. :wink:

Shoelip

Arbiter
It couldn't possibly be more painful than debating anything with Volourn. :?

As long as DA stays away from the X-Box 360 I'll remain optimistic. I don't beleive Bioware is stupid enough to make a game that no one who could play it would like.

Paranoid Jack

Scholar
Higher Game said:
When Vol wonders if you're on drugs, you have issues.

Funny that... since all the threads he participated in become not much more than lowbrow insult hurling. That sums up more then 75% of his posts. That is why I usually just skip them unless it appears typed in regular English not Volournese. But that's just me... :wink:

As far as Dragon Age goes I have a lot of faith the game will be good at the very least and hopefully great. Why? Because I have bought, played, and enjoyed every PC title they have made except for Shattered Steel and KotoR.

KotoR was just to hallow feeling both times I tried to get into it. The world... the environments were just lacking detail. It just felt too much like a console game to me. And since I am not a huge Star Wars fan I had no reason to push myself onward. I switch to another game that had my attention and moved on.

elander_

Arbiter
Volourn said:
And, BIO's *ACTION-AVENTURE GAMES WITH STATS* have ALWAYS been *LINEAR, TEEN AND LAME EPIC STORIES* focused, dumbass.

There i fixed your post.

Volourn said:
And, besides, JE is their game with the bets actual role-playing to date. *shrug* Surely more than anything found in the BG series espciially BG1.

Exemplify a great rpg moment you find in JE. You can't and you won't. Coward.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
I have. Mnay times. Do a search; but the usual bullshit crap is all i get in response. Dumbass.

Twinfalls

Erudite
Dgaider said:
but ultimately, yes, it's still going to be a story-driven game.

Weasel-words.

Why not be straightforward and say what you really mean: it is going to be a cut-scene driven game.

Volourn

Pretty Princess
No, as a RPG, it's a player choice driven game. Do not fuckin' lie, Twin Weasel Fail.

The_Pope

Scholar
If the veiled hint about finding a final solution to the elven question is intentional, then I'll probably buy this game no matter what is done with the gameplay/story. Especially if I get to do it with the help of a nation I enslaved with necromancy.

spacemoose

Erudite
Volourn said:
No, as a RPG, it's a player choice driven game. Do not fuckin' lie, Twin Weasel Fail.

Volourn, you do realize that your behavior is not normal? do you understand that you are not entirely sane?

if you have not done so already, get some help.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
Dgaider said:
Insofar as saving the world goes, the game actually allows you to be the reluctant hero -- this is something that you get dragged into, more or less.
Can I join the bad guys? Seriously, one "Join PLZ?" dialogue option, a nice cut scene of the destruction and devastation you cause after joining and that's it, you're done. It doesn't have to be all through the game. It doesn't have to be embedded into the story so much. It can just be part of that final confrontation. Think Fallout 1. "Join. Die. Join. Die." "Well sure, if you put if that way, I'll give you the location of my Vault." Cue graphic movie of your Vault being invaded and some nice end-game cut scenes of the terror you've just unleashed. I know, it's not much but it'd be a start.

I just don't wanna feel like I'm being railroaded into a story and feeling penalized, if the option even presents itself, to turn down party members that I don't happen to like (which is usually most of them in all Bio games). If you look at most of the overhead maps in KOTOR, they look like one big corridor/one big fork. Yes their are a few exeptions to the 'fork' rule as far as the maps go, like Dantooine, but it still feels, small. I also don't want every area the story lets you explore next to be "go from point A to point C (on the fork map) with a side quest at point B, for the whole game.

If these issues are tweaked considerably, I might give it a go.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom