Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dead Island 2

Ryzer

Arcane
Somehow this is a thing and it's not dead.

It would be funny if it turns out to be better than Dying Light 2 but I hate this trend of showing HP bar and stamina on zombies.

Last edited:

Zlaja

Arcane
Game's combat looks same as in the original. Only with more elaborate gore/executions and heavier weapons having a more weighty feel to them. UI looks similar too.

It would be funny if it turns out to be better than Dying Light 2

:positive:

Last edited:

randir14

Augur
Why do the soldiers look like they're from WW2
edit- nvm I guess it was just one zombie in a movie costume.

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Definitely looks like it could be a nice Dying Light 2 substitute, except the lack of parkour will definitely be felt as that is what made Dying Light 1 special and elevated from the not-great Dead Island 1. However, build choices and combat styles seem far greater than Dead Island 1 & even Dying Light so I'm definitely interested.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
Jesus christ, what happened to the cast of this game?

Original:
Dead-Island-2-Wallpaper.jpg

And now we get an english dyke, random ganja man, asian woman (who has a leg prothesis, get the Portal2TM reference?), beefed up latinx, white man (wow) and ... wait for it ...
NyxvwRk.jpg

wait for it ...
dahahaahahaahahahahahahaa... a tranny-looking liberal arts student!
IPHR6Tt.jpg

Fuck this industry man...

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I might check it out. I actually prefer Dead Island's style to Dying Light. I don't need all the gimmicky parkour bullshit. I enjoyed the weapon creation in the original and the melee combat was satisfying. It's easily my favorite of the zombie apocalypse survival games (not including Resident Evil). The new characters are extremely cringe though. This is why I demand character creation in 99% of open world games, so I'm not forced to play as worthless zoomer faggots.

Jesus christ, what happened to the cast of this game?

Clown world happened.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Somehow this is a thing and it's not dead.

It would be funny if it turns out to be better than Dying Light 2 but I hate this trend of showing HP bar and stamina on zombies.

Oh God, it's the same chick personality as in Back 4 Blood. Modern writing can only do one character...

Ryzer

Arcane
Techland is the master of making AA games for AAA prices.
It's made by an English company Dambuster Studios locatd in Nothingham, known (or unknown) for Homefront: The Revolution hence the cringe.

MasPingon

Arcane
Wtf has happened to this game? Last time I saw it, it had L4D/Zombieland sense of humour. It's like woke invasion of body snatchers.

ADL

Prophet
Say what you will about Dying Light 2 but at least it was more fun than how this looks. The amount of scripted glory kills and lack of damage the player is doing to the enemies despite slicing their limbs off and lighting them on fire makes this look awful.

Chimera

Augur
So... this is "Becki the Bride?" Trannies confirmed.

Dead-Island-2-PS5-Review-2.jpg

No one can convince me that isn't a dude in a dress which, being set in LA, seems both in line with (grotesque) reality and liberal ideology.

Yet, it is not the socio-political issue that bothers me most, but the abject lack of respect for the situation, the thematic elements of a zombie apocalypse: this was, ostensibly, the happiest moment of a young woman's life, her wedding day, tainted irreparably by her transformation into some hideous undead. My initial feelings should be sympathetic, my consideration of the situation touched by its inherent tragedy... yet, having forced what is either (a) grotesque satire or (b) perversely divisive politics into it, my gut reaction is to merely slaughter the monster.

Mind, I'm not advocating that they should have gone full Tim Burton's "Corpse Bride" with this...
i
...but surely, with the wealth of artists and inspirations available, they could at least have made Becki demonstrably female!

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Sounds like the zombie killing action is top notch. That's the one thing it needed to get right.

General consensus seems to be it's the first game but better. I think I'm sold.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom