Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

agris

Arcane
Patron
It’s easily 100+ hrs so unless you’re NEET, i say wait. it’s a large time commitment

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It’s easily 100+ hrs so unless you’re NEET, i say wait. it’s a large time commitment
Why would NEETness affect the time it takes to complete the game. Should be the same either way innit?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Why would NEETness affect the time it takes to complete the game. Should be the same either way innit?
Other way, not being NEET means it’s a lot harder to find 100 hrs to spare. Idk about OP, but I’m not replaying a 100 hr game more than once a decade or so - if ever

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hope it means they're adding in a shitload of new stuff.
Definitely not going to be recording any new voiceovers, so in a game with full voice acting, how much of substance can they really add?
AI voiceover? is that legal yet?

EDIT: incline practical usage - replace all the loudmouth sassy girl bosses in new(er) games with soft spoken sultry whisperers

agris

Arcane
Patron
New info:

https://www.gry-online.pl/newsroom/...2-kronikach-myrtany-wersja-20-zapowia/z0270f1

Non-potatoes use google translate, it does a pretty good job.
God damn peoples' obsession with "balancing".
Sounds like they're making it harder, which is incline
Yep, from the rough translation to engrish, this is non-hardcore changes

1. Permanent potions now add +2 to the statistics (previously +3);
  2. the number of books and potions providing bonuses to statistics has been reduced;
  3. demanding forces of two-hand weapons inflict more damage and have a greater range;
  4. in the inventory menu displays information about the range of weapons;
  5. easier production of time potions;
  6. Master skills can be learned at the earliest in Chapter 3.
  7. comrades do not drop weapons after knocking;
  8. Sleeping does not regenerate 100% of life.
The reduction of +stat pots from +2 to +3 is pretty significant, although I would prefer there just be less +stat pots that stick to the +3 mechanic. No mastery until ch.3 is another alchemy nerf, and feels appropriate. most of the others are QoL.

Who plays gothic games for story mode anyways? This all feels like reasonable incline.

agris

Arcane
Patron
No mastery until ch.3 is another alchemy nerf, and feels appropriate

Gating skills behind main quest progress, is a massive decline, especially in an open world game.
your complaint is so abstract as to be worthless. functionally, almost all cRPGs gate skills behind something.

Cumulative XP? Correlated with amount of exploration, functionally gated when geography is gated behind story progression
Trainers? Gated by geographic access, functionally gated by character power level, which is correlated to cumulative XP (see above).

can you become a master of any skill in G1 or G2 in chapter 1?

Last edited:

thesecret1

Arcane
They think they'll stop my stats creep by nefing potions, not realizing I am the man that ate all the food on the island for those sweet stat boosts.

Arthandas

Prophet
Hardcore mode will be a separate dlc with enhanced dynamic AI, new enemy animations, attacks and behaviors. You'll also be able to customize some things like enemy hp, damage, number of your iframes, number of learning points per level etc.

Zanzoken

Arcane
Archolos is a good game that unfortunately I got bored with and dropped around the start of Ch 3. That happens to me a lot with RPGs... usually because the story takes a weird turn that pulls me out of it, or I get to some area that I don't like but am expected to slog through to keep making progress.

I have also found that I don't really enjoy massive 100+ hour RPGs anymore. Most games just don't have good enough gameplay, story, setting, etc to carry an experience that long.

Maybe I'll give this one another try next year when the 2.0 release comes out. I'd like to beat Gothic 2 at some point too... so far the only one of the trilogy I've managed to finish is Gothic 1.

Mauman

Learned

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom