Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Gothic Chronicles Of Myrtana: Archolos mod for Gothic 2

Ryzer

Arcane
i don't paint my toenails and i didn't like archolos either
No wonder, you have played Arcania so long that you've finished it, so it must have left an irreversible brain damage hence you can't enjoy quality anymore.

Actually, nevermind, your opinions about RPGs were shit long before you've played Arcania, so it must have been something else. After all, something drove you to complete Arcania.
NOOOOOOO How dare you don't like our game full of FedEx quests? NOOOO

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i don't paint my toenails and i didn't like archolos either
No wonder, you have played Arcania so long that you've finished it, so it must have left an irreversible brain damage hence you can't enjoy quality anymore.

Actually, nevermind, your opinions about RPGs were shit long before you've played Arcania, so it must have been something else. After all, something drove you to complete Arcania.
NOOOOOOO How dare you don't like our game full of FedEx quests? NOOOO
Dude, he finished Arcania.

Paul_cz

Arcane

I too finished Arcania! And gave it 7/10, because despite some of its horrible aspects, it didn't bore more nor overstayed its welcome, and it had a nice world.

But Archolos is 9.5/10 game for me.

I had no idea there is going to be v2.0 with even more content. So in a few years I will replay it for sure.

thesecret1

Arcane
I've read a lot of reviews on the Codex. Terrible, dogshit takes from Bethesda shills, copium huffing pieces from Cyberpunk apologists, even post from brain damaged folks defending modern Bioware. But never have I seen an opinion so offensively shit as this one:
I too finished Arcania! And gave it 7/10

sosmoflux

Educated
I've tried playing Arcania twice and barely made it past the starting caves with skeletons. There was something so offensively bad about it.

Though it's probably a masterpiece by today's standards. Third time's a charm?

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've tried playing Arcania twice

ryan-reynolds-but-why.gif

notpl

Arbiter
Wait, there's a version 2.0 on the way? Very nice.
As far as I can tell, "2.0" is really overselling it. Some new monsters and items being added and a tweaked "hard" difficulty option. They can't really add new quests or anything because of their decision to do full VA.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
time constraints
They had time constraints as a fan project?
If the project was well managed (and it probably was, since we got a good game with few bugs) it had to have milestones and deadlines. At certain point a teamleader probably said 'enough, we stop adding and focus on polishing stuff'.

Now when the release turned out to be a major success they can take their time and complete all the side content. And add it to their 2.0 release.

Just a theory though - I don't have any inside knowledge about their creative process.

Jinn

Arcane
Just thankful they're supporting it at all. I'll definitely be gearing up for a city guard playthrough once it drops. Will probably be the last good game of its kind, except maybe Exoplanet if it ever actually exits early access.

Spike

Educated

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom