Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Hell Swarm

Educated
GKz4uBBXkAAtobj
It annoys me they copy and pasted Lara Croft's face in the 2nd panel and fucking elf ears. The jokes good but the execution is lazy.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Brazil cutting taxes on videogames
Bill No. 2.796/2021, which establishes the legal framework for the electronic games industry in Brazil
The aim of the Legal Framework for Games is to regulate the games market in Brazil. Among the proposals is a reduction of up to 70% in the taxes applicable to companies on the amount sent abroad for games and licensing, as well as government support for training new talent in the sector.
Consumers will also benefit, as the Legal Framework seeks to bring in a cut of up to 50% in the tax on industrialized products (IPI), which will guarantee more affordable hardware and accessories, helping to strengthen national consumptio.
https://www.tecmundo.com.br/voxel/281831-marco-legal-games-aprovado-camara-sancao-presidencial.htm

Does that mean they will finally play something more fresh than PS2 and older?

Codex edition be like:

GKznVGfbgAAQfrB

When they made something good (TR "remakes") they started doing worse

https://www.tombraiderchronicles.com/headlines4855.html
British adventurer Lara Croft will transition from being a raider of tombs to a seeker of truth as Evil Hat Productions and Crystal Dynamics seek to redefine the Tomb Raider series in order to escape a history wounded by colonialism, according to an excerpt from the official Tomb Raider Shadows of Truth RPG rulebook.

"Raiding, as depicted in the original Tomb Raider games and stories, involves going to ancient tombs and historical sites of different civilisations and acquiring artefacts. It operates on the assumption of 'finders keepers' that grants raiders with the means and the drive to claim ownership of artefacts, regardless of whether they have any historical or cultural claim to the treasure."

"Later games released in the franchise have started the work of addressing this by having Lara Croft acknowledge her past mistakes and try to understand and show respect for the cultures and communities she comes into contact with. She has also worked to reform raider culture and raise the awareness of her peers."

"Lara no longer decorates her mantle with mythic artefacts - as a raider she prioritises seeking out the truth. Much of this game is inspired by her humanity, struggle with heroism, and her tenacity. We believe that all three aspects are an important component in creating a game that celebrates history and culture while acknowledging the respect and work required to live in a world wounded by colonialism."

"In this game, we seek to continue in that work alongside Crystal Dynamics by creating a sandbox for you to tell stories that address colonialist themes in play and create your own stories of respect and support for the people and cultures your Seekers encounter."

UPDATE: This news item is not the upcoming video game, but about a related table top RPG game. But I do think that the decolonist politics in the table top RPG game is a taste of things to come...
n0OeAQb.jpg

Hell Swarm

Educated
Tumblr art? Awesome. A shitty RPG maker quality story game where combat is bland and the story is about a woman on the rag crying over everything.

The best thing that Tomb Raider could have happen to it now is the guys porting the games get full license to make an original PS1 Tomb Raider adventure. Everyone else fucks off and leaves them alone. Clunky mess of a game engine but very hard to fuck it up like they do everything else.

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
It was a long time ago. Still distinctly remember the first time i played SS13 as an assistant in kitchen.
I was still figuring out the controls with wiki close at hand while Chef was secretly bringing in human bodies to process into meat. It's all ended up with a court with me as a witness, good times.

First time hearing about SS14 and the cursory glance at the steam community page reveals that there is some Admin drama going on. Yeah, i am not missing this part of the experience.

ferratilis

Magister
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/yugioh-anime-card-tournament-smell/

Yu-Gi-Oh Event Draws Debate After Its Smell Causes Players to Flee​

Yu-Gi-Oh has faced viral critiques before regarding the odor at its events.

By Megan Peters - April 10, 2024 02:14 pm EDT

Yu-Gi-Oh has been around for decades now, and when it comes to the trading card game, it feels like all rules are off. The actual card game is as wild as the anime in some ways if not more so. With fans spread across the globe, Yu-Gi-Oh is still thriving, and it can be hard to catch up. This is why Yu-Gi-Oh events are on the rise for fans new and old. But over in Japan, one such event is going viral for the worst (and smelliest) reason.

The update comes from X (Twitter) as one user hit up social media in the wake of a local Yu-Gi-Oh meet. It was there fans gathered locally to play the card game and compete in Yu-Gi-Oh: Master Duel. The poster said the event challenged them more than expected, and worse of all, it ran away one woman.

"Recently, I was at a Yu-Gi-Oh event. One girl told me, 'I play Master Duel, and this is may first time at a Yu-Gi-Oh event.' .... I worried that my deck wasn't powerful enough. To make matters worse, the girl I met left midway through," the fan posted.

"I thought, I hope people don't come to hate Yu-Gi-Oh. If you're a man, please be kind to women. It might sound bad to say I went easy on you, but yeah. If I'm up against a dude, I'll beat him to a pulp no matter his level. When the opponent is a woman, yeah."

The post went viral on social media in Japan, and it eventually came across the woman mentioned. It was there the girl revealed she left not because of the competition but because of the smell.

"I saw this because it went viral, but considering the story, I think you're talking about me? I left halfway through because I couldn't stand the smell. It's not that I was lost or sad."

Yikes. This Yu-Gi-Oh update has since taken over the fandom online as more than 20 million have chimed in. Sadly, this is not the first time the fandom has made headlines over hygiene. The vast majority of fans are perfectly kept, but in 2019, Konami released a new tournament guideline that made hygiene mandatory for official tournaments.

"You are expected to be clean when you enter a tournament. Neglecting to wash or put on clean clothes contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere at the event, as the tournament can be crowded and the day can be long. Persons who neglect self-care to the point that they are negatively impacting the tournament may be asked to correct the issue in order to continue in the event," the rule reads.

So yeah, I think just about everyone can agree. There is never any shame in celebrating your fave fandom like Yu-Gi-Oh with others. But if the gathering is in-person, remember to clean up first!

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Yu-Gi-Oh has been around for decades now, and when it comes to the trading card game, it feels like all rules are off. The actual card game is as wild as the anime in some ways if not more so. With fans spread across the globe, Yu-Gi-Oh is still thriving, and it can be hard to catch up. This is why Yu-Gi-Oh events are on the rise for fans new and old. But over in Japan, one such event is going viral for the worst (and smelliest) reason.

The update comes from X (Twitter) as one user hit up social media in the wake of a local Yu-Gi-Oh meet. It was there fans gathered locally to play the card game and compete in Yu-Gi-Oh: Master Duel. The poster said the event challenged them more than expected, and worse of all, it ran away one woman.

"Recently, I was at a Yu-Gi-Oh event. One girl told me, 'I play Master Duel, and this is may first time at a Yu-Gi-Oh event.' .... I worried that my deck wasn't powerful enough. To make matters worse, the girl I met left midway through," the fan posted.

"I thought, I hope people don't come to hate Yu-Gi-Oh. If you're a man, please be kind to women. It might sound bad to say I went easy on you, but yeah. If I'm up against a dude, I'll beat him to a pulp no matter his level. When the opponent is a woman, yeah."

The post went viral on social media in Japan, and it eventually came across the woman mentioned. It was there the girl revealed she left not because of the competition but because of the smell.

"I saw this because it went viral, but considering the story, I think you're talking about me? I left halfway through because I couldn't stand the smell. It's not that I was lost or sad."

Yikes. This Yu-Gi-Oh update has since taken over the fandom online as more than 20 million have chimed in. Sadly, this is not the first time the fandom has made headlines over hygiene. The vast majority of fans are perfectly kept, but in 2019, Konami released a new tournament guideline that made hygiene mandatory for official tournaments.

"You are expected to be clean when you enter a tournament. Neglecting to wash or put on clean clothes contributes to an unpleasant atmosphere at the event, as the tournament can be crowded and the day can be long. Persons who neglect self-care to the point that they are negatively impacting the tournament may be asked to correct the issue in order to continue in the event," the rule reads.

So yeah, I think just about everyone can agree. There is never any shame in celebrating your fave fandom like Yu-Gi-Oh with others. But if the gathering is in-person, remember to clean up first!
Lmao.

Hell Swarm

Educated

Women go to TCG tournament and complain it's a TCG tournament? What a news worthy article! Fat smelly nerds play these games and when you cram 100+ people into a room for 8 hours and have them compete with each other the problem only gets worse. If you can't stand nerds being nerds maybe you should fuck off back where you came from and stop whining? I don't like the hygiene problems some of those fat fucks have, but that's part of what goes on and you have to accept it or try to explain to a 300 pound guy how to wash his gunt when he's barely got an IQ high enough not to eat the soap.

Arthandas

Prophet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom