Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Technomancer

Liturgist
It's a shame that there is nothing close to that in sight. I hoped Monomyth would go into that direction but it is not quite there.
Yeah, heard Elderborn was praised in that vein but the comparison turned out to be shallow and far fetched. Dedicated kick move doesn't make you a worthy DM successor.

Last edited:

Child of Malkav

Erudite
They should just make a TV show at this point so that people flock to the series. It worked for CP2077 with edge runners and for FO with that.... abomination.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
They should just make a TV show at this point so that people flock to the series. It worked for CP2077 with edge runners and for FO with that.... abomination.
You are probably correct, VtM was always a pretty good setting, vampires always sells and with modern day mentalities it's a match made in heaven.

The President

Educated
We got one more month of clan dev diaries. It is really worrisome that we don’t see any more gameplay videos or even screenshots of the hubs during gameplay.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
You are probably correct, VtM was always a pretty good setting, vampires always sells and with modern day mentalities it's a match made in heaven.
It was a joke.
:prosper:
I don't want movie adaptations for games. Ever since that Hitman movie I knew all will be shit.
Ha yes but I'm a cynical bastard and realised that it's probably a 'good idea' as far as creatively bankrupt entertainment industries go.

Harthwain

Magister
Dr House did prove there is a demand for a show that's not politically correct, if it is written well. You could make a good show with vampires, but it'd require return to the classic form. I mean, if The Twillight Saga could be as successful as it was, then the bar isn't objectively that high.

Modron

Arcane
I am saying it isn't going to happen in current year, closest thing to a non woke vampire show you could get is probably a CW soap opera with a bunch of Canadians being all emotional in it.

Harthwain

Magister
I am saying it isn't going to happen in current year, closest thing to a non woke vampire show you could get is probably a CW soap opera with a bunch of Canadians being all emotional in it.
True. I am not saying it is going to happen (people in charge seem to have no idea what clicks with the wider public opinion). I am merely stating it could happen and end up being successful, instead of bad or average.

The President

Educated
I am extremely confident I could write one very good season of a VTM show. The potential is there but it would likely be garbage if one ever happens.

Semiurge

Cipher
House was 2 decades ago and here is your modern vampire show: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt14921986/

It's been modernized for modern audiences alright, but Louis's change from a white plantation master to what I assume is a plantation slave offers an interesting change of perspective. At least Lestat is still white, so there's now an extra dynamic to their relationship. A white corruptor/black victim dynamic is of course beyond predictable, desperate pandering.

Last edited:

Mauman

Learned
House would never be allowed to air today as it was.

To say people (read - morons) would call it "problematic" is an understatement.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The way things are going we'll never get good big budget media ever again.

Instead we just have slop and people who defend the slop.

Harthwain

Magister
Half and half. Yes, there will always be some people who will defend the slop, but that in itself is not enough to be successful. Just look at The Rings of Power.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Half and half. Yes, there will always be some people who will defend the slop, but that in itself is not enough to be successful. Just look at The Rings of Power.

Ah thankfully, the overwhelming incompetence of corporate media often sabotages itself.

Rings of Power was a room temperature IQ move. Imagine trying to cashgrab from an older fanbase formed around the Silmarillion, a fucking book. Ideally, slop media is for people who can't even fucking read.

Then somebody had the better idea to target the enjoyers of Fallout 4 and 76 instead and it was much more successful.

We got one more month of clan dev diaries. It is really worrisome that we don’t see any more gameplay videos or even screenshots of the hubs during gameplay.

How much you want to bet that they don't have hubs because Seattle is covered in snow and also because this is a product that wasn't designed to be enjoyed but to get booted out the door as quickly as possible?

Technomancer

Liturgist
You could make a good show with vampires

There was this True Blood shit. In some places it felt derivative from VTM universe. Even local city vamp leaders were called sheriffs. They also had a Cain-like progenitor also taken from myths, the infamous Lilith.

The show was rather dumb but at least it was edgy which is already better than Twilight. I thought that cheeky "God hates fangs" was rather neat.

Last edited:

The President

Educated
Then somebody had the better idea to target the enjoyers of Fallout 4 and 76 instead and it was much more successful.
Wasn’t the product itself objectively better though?

How much you want to bet that they don't have hubs because Seattle is covered in snow and also because this is a product that wasn't designed to be enjoyed but to get booted out the door as quickly as possible?
Honestly not much would surprise me at this point. The game is targeting a Q4 release window, yet it’ll be well into June by the time the clan dev diaries are done and we’ve seen next to nothing with release not too far off.

ArchAngel

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom