Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Thaumaturge - supernatural RPG set in early 20th century Warsaw from Seven: The Days Long Gone devs

ArchAngel

Arcane
Warsaw must have been quite a place before WW2, is the rendition of the city any good or is it mostly interior locations ?
It was so diverse Germany conquered it in few days.. kind of what would happen now if Russia moved toward diverse places like Germany. All the LGBT would run away or hide behind few men left if that happened..
Soviet Union was also diverse, and so was the British Empire and the United States. Together they kicked the Axis butts.

Warsaw (and the whole of Poland) was mostly poor, ruined after WW1 and often mismanaged. 75% of the population were peasants and the agriculture was quite primitive. However, from the second half of the 30s we were on a path of steady development with lots of investment in the industry that in the next years would transform the economy, previously based on agriculture. Of course WW2 prevented it.
You can try to spin it as much as you want but history teaches us over and over that once Empires go soft they fall.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Soooo haven't played it but from what I have seen so far its got some slow and dumb exploration using the "witcher sense", primitive clue gathering investigation and some very, very basic turn-based combat without any proper stats. Have I missed anything? Its nothing but another walking simulator pretending to be RPG to sell better. We have had so many as of late. GameDec, Sovereign Syndicate, The Inquisitor and now this. All that woke crap is just cherry on the cake. MASSIVE DECLINE!!!!
The Inquisitor didn't pretend to be an RPG, as far as I remember it's an action-adventure .

BruceVC

Magister
Yet another thread where a triggered-brigade gets triggered by login or character creation screen and derail the thread into WOKE BAD AAAAA DIS GAME BE WOOKE I COULDN'T EVEN GO PAST LOGIN/CHARACTER SCREEN IT'S SO BAD I CAN'T EVEN LOOK AT THE TEXT IT MAKES ME GAY ('cos I'm a closet homosexual, probably)

I mean, at least Baldur's Gate 3 had some cringe romances, but is in this game any not historically accurate propaganda? I mean, I don't know because I haven't played it yet, but from what I read the triggered-brigade got triggered here because the creators warn that the game is historically accurate? What should it be instead, every game should now as loading screen have LGBT/PoC characters burned at the stake?

When did 'dex decline so much? I mean I know when, around 2020, but it's sad to see. I thought it went to parody level in BG3 thread, but at least I saw it as somewhat excused, but here?!
You distort facts, I complain about the need to post a message right at the beginning also with gender identities bullshit ( Very based Polska duh) to frame a completely loose interpretation of historical events. You can clearly see it's a game made by liberals, just to spite the past, and argue how bad it was. They are just afraid of making something and have to post something like this, meaning liberties have regressed more and more.
Just going back one decade and a half in the past, in 2009, none of this would have made been showcased and the game would have directly introduced the main menu with an innovative gameplay.

What I'm saying is Polish gaming industry is literally no different than western industry, they exactly adopted the exact same mentality, the exact same liberal stance, and all the polish industry is directly aligned on the West, just delayed hence the fact they are not totally aligned on Ubisoft.
Have you played any Assassins Creed game? They have a similar message in the beginning of the games and they are not woke but they historically accurate around how cities were designed and historically how civilisations existed

So its just a message, you have no idea what it means until you have played the game and seen how its implemented. No need for drama until you have an informed opinion which means playing the game

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Have you played any Assassins Creed game? They have a similar message in the beginning of the games and they are not woke but they historically accurate around how cities were designed and historically how civilisations existed
I mean come on... let's not go full retard in the other direction :)

AC games don't even try to be historically accurate. While the environments are painstakingly recreated, the society that lives in them is sanitized to remove all the -isms.

Hate to quote myself, but:
assassins-creed-origins-ps4-playstation-4-1.large.jpg

BruceVC

Magister
I mean come on... let's not go full retard in the other direction :)

AC games don't even try to be historically accurate. While the environments are painstakingly recreated, the society that lives in them is sanitized to remove all the -isms.

Hate to quote myself, but:
assassins-creed-origins-ps4-playstation-4-1.large.jpg
I meant the accuracy of the architecture and how societies traded and how cities looked

I played Odyssey recently and it was like taking a trip to ancient Greece

I dont have an opinion on the SJ or inclusivity of there games or how accurate those were

Litmanen

Educated
Soooo haven't played it but from what I have seen so far its got some slow and dumb exploration using the "witcher sense",
THIS! Normies are so normalized with straight up retarded and lazy gameplay design. It's easier to program and easier to sell to retards like Litmanen

Gamers from the past would die from laughter if they knew simulation of being paranormal detective in Warsaw from 1905 would in far future of 2024 be: [PRESS A BUTTON]. Game plays itself
Don't forget to mention that you have a horse dick and you fully-satisfying fuck your polish girlfriend while not improving people life with your comments.

Anyway, I haven't played the game and it doesn't sound interesting with these mechanics.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I meant the accuracy of the architecture and how societies traded and how cities looked

I dont have an opinion on the SJ or inclusivity of there games or how accurate those were
A trip to ancient Greece, from the perspective of a female Spartan warrior/mercenary, who's the canonical hero of Odyssey? Oh, I feel like historical accuracy intensifies:
e9irhuudfu35eddwhxps.0.jpg

BruceVC

Magister

A trip to ancient Greece, from the perspective of a female Spartan warrior/mercenary, who's the canonical hero of Odyssey? Oh, I feel like historical accuracy intensifies:
Okay good point but I did say I wasnt talking about the inclusivity :-D

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In order to be precise you said:

So no, AC games are pretty woke and the way they present ancient civilizations is not "how they exited". :-D

BruceVC

Magister
In order to be precise you said:

So no, AC games are pretty woke and the way they present ancient civilizations is not "how they exited". :-D
You right, I was wrong. AC is a woke game :-D

GloomFrost

Arcane

So if AC Odyssey is now a historically accurate game then why not Titan Quest or Age of Wonders. They all take place in "ancient Greece". Damn this thread is going full retard very quickly.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Damn this thread is going full retard very quickly.
If you don't consoooome modern "entertainment" your mind is in 2012/13. And you're shocked by insanity of supposedly average and normal people

Human Minds are programmed not in C/C++ or JavaScript/PHP/Python. Storytelling is how you program people. That's why I talk about WOKE so much and that's why trilions of $ are invested in WOKE

Answer to WOKE storytelling is BASED storytelling. That's what I'll focus more on promoting and making

Ryzer

Arcane

So if AC Odyssey is now a historically accurate game then why not Titan Quest or Age of Wonders. They all take place in "ancient Greece". Damn this thread is going full retard very quickly.
Titan Quest is a mythological game, it never pretended to be historical unless you think centaurs exist. The only historical elements in the game are the buildings.

Serus

Arcane
Patron

Titan Quest is a mythological game, it never pretended to be historical unless you think centaurs exist. The only historical elements in the game are the buildings.
There are some more. Let's call them superficial elements. Clothes, weapons and armor - to some extent - are also "historical". So are proper names. In general however, you are correct, TQ doesn't try to be historical, it just adds some flavour of vaguely ancient/mythological Greece to set the mood. Except for the expansion, it's doesn't even try to add Greek mythology to a larger extent except things like certain "monsters" and similar stuff. It's only in the expansion where actual mythological figures and stories play an important role. Main game is quite generic in that regard.

Edit 1: I don't remember any black people in TQ in the Greek 1st act though. This makes Titan Quest more "historical" than most Netflix "historical documentaries". It isn't particularly difficult though.

Edit 2: Damn that "woman" looks very manly, except the hair. Perhaps that's just me being to picky when it comes to women in games.

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Damn that "woman" looks very manly, except the hair.
So she's hot in the greek context

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom