Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tamriel Rebuilt keeps chugging along

Eazy-E

Literate
Narsis doesnt look any bigger than Andothren
I'd say it's quite a bit bigger. Look:
mrnZelr.png

Hmmmmm looks interesting, I wasn't so sure about the "alien" flora over the southern portion of the map seems a little forced

Funposter

Arcane
Hmmmmm looks interesting, I wasn't so sure about the "alien" flora over the southern portion of the map seems a little forced
Yeah, the yellow mushrooms have been one of the few reservations that I've had about TR's current art direction. The rest of the new assets have been fantastic, but this comes across as that weird interpretation of Morrowind's art direction that leads to nostalgia baiting ala Shivering Isles. There don't need to be mushroom trees everywhere, all the time.

Eazy-E

Literate
Yeah, the yellow mushrooms have been one of the few reservations that I've had about TR's current art direction. The rest of the new assets have been fantastic, but this comes across as that weird interpretation of Morrowind's art direction that leads to nostalgia baiting ala Shivering Isles. There don't need to be mushroom trees everywhere, all the time.
It seems well designed and all but i felt like I was playing Spore or something. Mushrooms trees are not used to the extent in Vardenfell as they are in TR. The ability of modders to create authentic elder scrolls content is vastly overstated Imo

CHEMS

Scholar

December 2023 Art & Assets Update

Submitted by Sultan of Rum on Wed, 2023-12-27 09:34
Banner image

Lots of art. Implementations are in the second half, with lots of work done.
Man i have huge respect for the Tamriel Rebuilt team, they're making great content untill this day and you can see that it has a great deal of hard work and care

Everytime i take a few months without playing Morrowind, i come back and find these huge updates on Tamriel Rebuilt. They're awesome

None

Scholar
Another one from a few days ago, this one is quite substantial. As always, link to the full thing is in the title.

Development Roadmap April 2024

Banner image
Tamriel Rebuilt is a massive mod for TES III: Morrowind, which adds the missing mainland of the Morrowind province to the game world. You can download it here.

Greetings! In the last update we covered everything that you can expect from our next upcoming expansion, Grasping Fortune. But Morrowind is a massive province and Tamriel Rebuilt is developing on many fronts in parallel. The last time that we went over our full plans for the future – our development roadmap – was in late 2021. Hence, it’s high time we update you with how those plans have changed and give you a high-level overview of each of the new and exciting expansions that we’re currently tackling.
Remember, Tamriel Rebuilt is developed as a series of episodic releases or expansions, with new chunks of Morrowind’s mainland released every year (aspirationally, at least). Whenever an expansion is released, the new areas come with the full complement of interior locations, characters, and quests, all seamlessly tying into the base game and the prior expansions.

A map of all prior and currently in-development Tamriel Rebuilt expansions.

None

Scholar
Some small decline to report though, as the Discord has been locked down a bit. You can still read the development channels, but no longer post in them unless you're on the team.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Some small decline to report though, as the Discord has been locked down a bit. You can still read the development channels, but no longer post in them unless you're on the team.
Isnt this by now like months old news? Unless they restricted shit even more.

None

Scholar
I don't remember all of them being locked up like this and it seems to have happened in the last month or so. A similar situation happened at PT many months ago which is what you might be thinking of. Alternatively I'm misremembering things, but I'm almost positive there's been a change.

Zariusz

Arbiter
I don't remember all of them being locked up like this and it seems to have happened in the last month or so. A similar situation happened at PT many months ago which is what you might be thinking of. Alternatively I'm misremembering things, but I'm almost positive there's been a change.
Oh yeah, im probably mixing it with PT

Tenebris

Scholar
I remember when they first started doing it. Some moron bumped a weeks to months old argument and tried to fan the flames again. Though the mod who did it was probably looking for an excuse.

Losus4

Novice
Been playing TR on and off since 2009, what I love is that there were dungeons or locations I stumbled on more than a decade ago, and if you asked me to locate them again I wouldn't be able to. You could play this game for a lifetime and still not uncover every nook and cranny.

None

Scholar
There's an update from Project Tamriel. Yes, it isn't TR, but they're basically under the same management and have the same audience so whatever.

May 2024 Progress Update

Project Tamriel is a collective of modding projects for TES III: Morrowind that aims to recreate the provinces of the continent of Tamriel found outside the borders of the original game world. The provinces of Skyrim, Cyrodiil, High Rock and Hammerfell are currently in active development.

Welcome, citizens and adventurers of Tamriel, to our development roundup article! While Project Tamriel works tirelessly on the upcoming Cyrodiil release, we thought it'd be a great time to inform you about our news in a fresh format.

So make yourself some tea, sit back, and enjoy this overview of our projects’ recent progress, and what is still in the works for the near future!
tl;dr Cyrodiil release in a few months that covers Anvil and reworks Stirk. Skyrim is next with Markarth Side (probably next year). High Rock, Padomaic Isles, Stross M'kai, and Hammerfell are being worked on in varying levels of intensity.

There's an update from Project Tamriel. Yes, it isn't TR, but they're basically under the same management and have the same audience so whatever.

May 2024 Progress Update

Project Tamriel is a collective of modding projects for TES III: Morrowind that aims to recreate the provinces of the continent of Tamriel found outside the borders of the original game world. The provinces of Skyrim, Cyrodiil, High Rock and Hammerfell are currently in active development.

Welcome, citizens and adventurers of Tamriel, to our development roundup article! While Project Tamriel works tirelessly on the upcoming Cyrodiil release, we thought it'd be a great time to inform you about our news in a fresh format.

So make yourself some tea, sit back, and enjoy this overview of our projects’ recent progress, and what is still in the works for the near future!
tl;dr Cyrodiil release in a few months that covers Anvil and reworks Stirk. Skyrim is next with Markarth Side (probably next year). High Rock, Padomaic Isles, Stross M'kai, and Hammerfell are being worked on in varying levels of intensity.
We'll get a full release by 2030, hopefully. After that, it's checking in on Morrowind Rebirth (there's an abandoned compatibility patch with an older version of Rebirth and TR/PT, so it's theoretically possible to do this again for their final releases).

Spike

Educated
Is TR currently 400 hours or something in its current state? Or like 1,000?

None

Scholar
https://howlongtobeat.com/game/9851 says a completionist playthrough of Morrowind, with its ~500 quests, takes about 367 hours.
TR has 600+ quests by now and iirc is also a larger landmass. I'd say about 500 hours. With the upcoming Cyrodiil and Skyrim releases the total you'd probably be able to squeeze out of the whole package could be 1k hours.

None

Scholar
We'll get a full release by 2030, hopefully. After that, it's checking in on Morrowind Rebirth (there's an abandoned compatibility patch with an older version of Rebirth and TR/PT, so it's theoretically possible to do this again for their final releases).
There's been enough talk about making a new project for Vvardenfell once the mainland is done that I don't think you'll need Rebirth unless you're partial to it for whatever reason. Most of what I've heard has been about bringing the island more in line with what concept art and the beta suggested, along with a general TR-ification of land/quests/etc. But we're at least a decade away from that.

CHEMS

Scholar
I took me over 100 hours to thoroughly explore the TR two years ago and do all the quests I could find. And that was with an OP char after completing the main game and expansions as well as superspeed levitation from the potion exploit. Shit's huge and filled with content. Going to be something playing though it normally once its even more complete.

Are there any mods specifically for TR?
https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/54588

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
I took me over 100 hours to thoroughly explore the TR two years ago and do all the quests I could find. And that was with an OP char after completing the main game and expansions as well as superspeed levitation from the potion exploit. Shit's huge and filled with content. Going to be something playing though it normally once its even more complete.

Fuck this is great.

CHEMS

Scholar

Fuck this is great.
Danae's mods are very good, check out her other stuff

Losus4

Novice

I think you're missing the point. It's perfectly viable to spend 100s of hours in TR without doing any quests at all. Just walking around and soaking up the atmosphere and lore is what brings people back to TES, not so much doing/repeating X quest.

deuxhero

Arcane
What's currently implemented in Skyrim took me 35+ hours and 80 something in game days (though I set the timescale to 6 minutes=1 hour instead of the default 2 minutes=1 hour and had magicka regen instead of having to rest all the time, so in-game time is likely not accurate) to do most, but not all, of the content for it with a fresh character that started in Skyrim at level 1. Never did a mainland only playthrough of TR that even tried to stick to one region and be comprehensive, but TR proper has somewhat higher content density on top of being much large: Home of the Nords has only FG+TG+TG with preliminary support for various local leader groups while TR has given FG+TG+TG+EEC+IC+IL+TT+TT+Hlaalu sizable quest lines but TR also has bigger unpopulated and underdeveloped areas with minimal quest support, and major settlements that are either dominated by a single faction or are xenophobic enough most of the supported factions have little if any content within them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom