Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Russian Kingdom Come Deliverance - Смута

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Yeah, there was also something about "we were targeting the world market before, but now with the special operation we're focusing on our internal market", which sounded weird. Are they even going to release on Steam, and is there even going to be a localization? Weird. I don't know.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah, there was also something about "we were targeting the world market before, but now with the special operation we're focusing on our internal market", which sounded weird. Are they even going to release on Steam, and is there even going to be a localization? Weird. I don't know.
From what I understood they will distribute the game through the major game store in Russia (there are still big stores for physical games?) and VK Play. While he states that they hoped the game might be interested for foreign audiences they are no plans for international release because of the '2022 events'.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I have a tiny taste from a Serb that married into my family. It's strange how far apart they are yet they try so hard to be Russia lite.
Far apart geographically? Is that relevant? The distance from Anchorage to Seattle is 2300 km, the distance from Crimea to Belgrade is 1000 km. Yet the Alaskans consider themselves American.
Serbs and Russians have developed connections and relationships over time throughout history, so now we have historic ties. What would you rather they be, the homo West? Maybe they don't want to.

Beastro

Arcane
I have a tiny taste from a Serb that married into my family. It's strange how far apart they are yet they try so hard to be Russia lite.
Far apart geographically? Is that relevant? The distance from Anchorage to Seattle is 2300 km, the distance from Crimea to Belgrade is 1000 km. Yes the Alaskans consider themselves American.
Serbs and Russians have cultural and historic ties. What would you rather they be, the homo West? Maybe they don't want to.
The difference is the Slavs in-between the two. With Alaska and CONUS you have Western Canada which is of the same outlook for the most part, especially British Columbia connecting them to the PNW.

When it comes to Serbs and Russians they both seem to express collective trauma the same way in how messed up so many of them are in contrast to all the other Slavs in-between.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Are you by any chance one of the slavic nationalists suffering from parochialism and insularism rooted in fear and brainwashing? And you call people who want to unite with others "traumatized"? Looks like another necessary addition to my ignore list of idiots.

Harthwain

Magister
Militia Xuilitia :D the lvl of schizo at every layer of Russian society is hilarious
Far apart geographically? Is that relevant? The distance from Anchorage to Seattle is 2300 km, the distance from Crimea to Belgrade is 1000 km. Yes the Alaskans consider themselves American.
Serbs and Russians have cultural and historic ties. What would you rather they be, the homo West? Maybe they don't want to.
The difference is the Slavs in-between the two. With Alaska and CONUS you have Western Canada which is of the same outlook for the most part, especially British Columbia connecting them to the PNW.

When it comes to Serbs and Russians they both seem to express collective trauma the same way in how messed up so many of them are in contrast to all the other Slavs in-between.
That could be a purely political/cynical statement though. They took government money and as a result they are going to tow the party line, regardless of how ridiculous it is going to sound, just to pay the bills for working on a video game. Of course, you are also going to see people who share the ideas of the government (to promote themselves or because they are no consequences for them for doing so), but keep in mind that when there is no gain in speaking freely you are going to end up with looking at a distorted picture.

Beastro

Arcane
Are you by any chance one of the slavic nationalists suffering from parochialism and insularism rooted in fear and brainwashing? And you call people who want to unite with others "traumatized"? Looks like another necessary addition to my ignore list of idiots.
I'm a Westerner who's seen how the local Serb enclave behaves, how the Russians I've met behave and how you guys do on boards like this.

It's all eerily familiar and like no other Slavs I've run into before and I include the powderkeg of dysfunction that'll get all Yugoslavs going if you awaken old grievances. Even that is somehow more grounded as crazy as that sounds.

Oh boy, I've been ignored by someone! After 8 years on this place I've finally become a true Codexian!

:love:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Alaska being similar to Vancouver? That's crazy, they're worlds apart culturally. Much further apart than a Serb and a Bulgarian.

Beastro

Arcane
Militia Xuilitia :D the lvl of schizo at every layer of Russian society is hilarious

That could be a purely political/cynical statement though. They took government money and as a result they are going to tow the party line, regardless of how ridiculous it is going to sound, just to pay the bills for working on a video game. Of course, you are also going to see people who share the ideas of the government (to promote themselves or because they are no consequences for them for doing so), but keep in mind that when there is no gain in speaking freely you are going to end up with looking at a distorted picture.
It's more than that, it's the paranoia and the "keep your head down and only look after yourself" anti-altruistic mentality that just keeps things bad for everyone. Iirc, Bester or someone else here years ago recalled sneering at a German tourist for doing something altruistic no one noticed but him while on a walk through Moscow. He couldn't understand wtf anyone would do such a stupid thing. It brings to mind that Serb in-law who is always suspicious of kind people because he cannot fathom someone being good without having an ulterior motive (even animals, to him my aunts dogs only want to cuddle with him on the couch to get treats, they couldn't possibly just want to cuddle with someone to be by them).

There's other stuff, but I won't digress anymore.

Beastro

Arcane

Alaska being similar to Vancouver? That's crazy, they're worlds apart culturally.
The West coast has great commonalities. The major ones that are the most overt are how left leaning and irreligious they tend to be.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
The West coast has great commonalities. The major ones that are the most overt are how left leaning and irreligious they tend to be.

Alaska is not left leaning and not irreligious except in the sense of formal church attendance. There is just no comparison whatsoever with Vancouver or Seattle.

Beastro

Arcane

Alaska is not left leaning and not irreligious except in the sense of formal church attendance. There is just no comparison whatsoever with Vancouver or Seattle.
And that gets into the details of the rest of the areas beyond the big cities, something which stretches down into inland California and how that slice of the state has nothing in common with the plague along the coast.

Not everything about BC is the Lower Mainland.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
And that gets into the details of the rest of the areas beyond the big cities, something which stretches down into inland California and how that slice of the state has nothing in common with the plague along the coast.

Not everything about BC is the Lower Mainland.

Except Anchorage and Fairbanks both vote Republican. And coincidentally, one thing that actually unites the Slavs across national borders and politics is their absolute and total contempt and neglect for anything outside of city centers and even outside the capital city.

likash

Savant
Glory to Ukraine
This looks like the "adidas torsion" version for KCD. For those under 30 i'm talking about thise shitty bootleg version of sport shoes that flooded eastern europe from Turkey in 1990.

Azdul

Magister
somewhat good

released soon in 2024.

These are mutually exclusive goals. Even paint-by-numbers propaganda and recruitment tools - America's Army - took more time than that.

They've chosen wrong genre. It needs 4 years of financing - and no sane investor will assume that he'll need Special Military Operation videogame propaganda piece in 4 years time.

And - why it was not announced for Elbrus platform - but for some decadent x86 ?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Modern politics have no place in a roleplaying game that takes place roughly in the Middle Ages, Russian or not.

If the political talk is within the scope of what would be appropriate in the game, it's fine.

Humanophage

Arcane
Modern politics have no place in a roleplaying game that takes place roughly in the Middle Ages, Russian or not.

If the political talk is within the scope of what would be appropriate in the game, it's fine.
The game is being developed because the Russian government requested a "patriotic game" about a current political event (opposition with Poland and Ukraine) and gave money to develop it. Moreover, history is obviously political.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom